Basketball Time Slots Released | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Basketball Time Slots Released

Didn't get an answer back today. Becker must be inundated with emails from season tix holders.

Sounds like a lot of us have the same issue.

I emailed today and it seems a new email might come out tomorrow. The system has an issue they are working on. My donor ranking and priority points were off quite a bit. My account manager thought my time and day were ok, but I talked to a neighbor this afternoon with a lower ranking who was choosing earlier than me with a worse ranking.

My family has been in the same seats since 86 and had season tix since the Dome opened. Not picking until 7/22. Really hope that’s an error.

I emailed today and it seems a new email might come out tomorrow. The system has an issue they are working on. My donor ranking and priority points were off quite a bit. My account manager thought my time and day were ok, but I talked to a neighbor this afternoon with a lower ranking who was choosing earlier than me with a worse ranking.
Kind of embarrassing especially considering they've already had a test run with football. Doesn't speak much for the people in charge of this.

I got a phone call from Becker today. My priority points were updated, and he gave me an updated time slot.

They seem to be fixing whatever the issue was. I assume new emails will be issued.

I got a phone call from Becker today. My priority points were updated, and he gave me an updated time slot.

They seem to be fixing whatever the issue was. I assume new emails will be issued.

How much did your timeslot move?

I just emailed Connor. I’ll let people know if I hear anything if an email doesn’t appear first.

Anybody hear any update from SU?
I did today- there was a problem with my priority points which they corrected. It moved my selection time up about 24 hours, which every bit helps. Global donor ranks are dynamic, which is the explanation on why my value changed between football and basketball.

Credit to SU, felt their response was appropriate and in a reasonable period of time given the holiday.

So the email we got today did not give a new time it just said we have you your time on 7/1. My priority points dropped from 118 to 19 with no explanation.

So the email we got today did not give a new time it just said we have you your time on 7/1. My priority points dropped from 118 to 19 with no explanation.

The email everyone got today was just a generic email with the "How-To" guide, and a link to seating and parking maps.

I haven't received a new email with a latest "corrected" selection time yet. The countdown clock on my ticket page is still wrong.

To quote the great Han Solo, I have a bad feeling about this. If my seats are worse than my old seats I will probably just ask for a refund.

No problem here. I earlier had made the difficult decision not to renew my seats of 20 years. Very sad decision on my part, but I just wasn't using them enough. They were being used for every game by a variety of friends (many on this forum), but they weren't being used by me. (I used them exactly once during this past season)
That is sad, Joyce, but I imagine it is practical. :(

How many people are trying to get their same seats? I sure as hell am. 309 has changed to 308. I want to stay with our little group of people. The woman ahead of me is picking a week before me. I will get a preview from her. She has had season tickets for 40 years or so!

Don’t understand that.
Look. I really do not want to complain but, at this point, I will. This situation has me really concerned in light of the extremely short turn-around between when the “ranking/time slot” e-mail went out and when the selections begin. The fact that there is so much uncertainty at this point is hard to understand.

I probably called my rep within 2 minutes of receiving that first e-mail as it was readily apparent that the numbers were all over the place. As others noted my first e-mail had the selection date as the one I had for football with an incorrect donation amount. The priority points and Global Donor rank appeared to be accurate or at least close.

Then, the second e-mail which provided the “accurate” time was grossly off with priority points 200 points lower and a lower global rank. After sending another e-mail I was advised that they were aware of the situation and having a meeting. Have not heard anything after that. I, too, got the generic e-mail others referenced today.

Candidly, I am not sure where this dynamic global rank talk is coming from. As of the lock date, that was supposed to be a static figure. Sure, you may pick later in football for instance if there were more football STH above you picking seats in your donation level with more priority points and a better ranking but the number itself should not have changed……hence the reference to it as “global”.

I really hope they have the foresight to delay ALL selections if there are any questions re: the time slotting at all as that is a bell you can’t nursing once people start selecting. I am not sure how they are telling people of modified slots without letting others know They are being impacted as well.

This is not a 12 team fantasy draft and there is one business day to go.

SUOrange44

How many people are trying to get their same seats? I sure as hell am. 309 has changed to 308. I want to stay with our little group of people. The woman ahead of me is picking a week before me. I will get a preview from her. She has had season tickets for 40 years or so!
I am 100% trying to get the same seats. But I am very worried the system is going to be skewed toward recent donations versus long-time season ticket holding. Any big change is going to have winners and losers, but frankly they should have just tried to keep everyone as close to where they are currently.

Having a draft involving seats that people have been sitting in for up to 43 years is really inviting a disaster IMHO.

Look. I really do not want to complain but, at this point, I will. This situation has me really concerned in light of the extremely short turn-around between when the “ranking/time slot” e-mail went out and when the selections begin. The fact that there is so much uncertainty at this point is hard to understand.

I probably called my rep within 2 minutes of receiving that first e-mail as it was readily apparent that the numbers were all over the place. As others noted my first e-mail had the selection date as the one I had for football with an incorrect donation amount. The priority points and Global Donor rank appeared to be accurate or at least close.

Then, the second e-mail which provided the “accurate” time was grossly off with priority points 200 points lower and a lower global rank. After sending another e-mail I was advised that they were aware of the situation and having a meeting. Have not heard anything after that. I, too, got the generic e-mail others referenced today.

Candidly, I am not sure where this dynamic global rank talk is coming from. As of the lock date, that was supposed to be a static figure. Sure, you may pick later in football for instance if there were more football STH above you picking seats in your donation level with more priority points and a better ranking but the number itself should not have changed……hence the reference to it as “global”.

I really hope they have the foresight to delay ALL selections if there are any questions re: the time slotting at all as that is a bell you can’t nursing once people start selecting. I am not sure how they are telling people of modified slots without letting others know They are being impacted as well.

This is not a 12 team fantasy draft and there is one business day to go.

SUOrange44
Great post. Agreed on all fronts.