Battle Gone ... per Zags | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Battle Gone ... per Zags

Congrats on being part of the 1%.

Because 99% of us knew he was gone after the season.
Lol I expected him to leave too. I said the hits keep on coming. Where did you get that I thought he was coming back?

This is best for all parties involved. Not at all a disrespect to Tyus in saying that, he’s a warrior, but we need this major roster turnover for next year and beyond.

We would be a better team with Battle next year, than we will be without him.

"Change for change sake" may appeal to the impatient or the frustrated, but it's a bad idea.

I didn't see any attribution on this claim by Zagoria.

What's the source? Who said it?

Did Battle say it? (he side stepped the question last night in the press conference)

Did Boeheim say it?

I'm not saying he's wrong, but he doesn't give a source.

"Change for change sake" may appeal to the impatient or the frustrated, but it's a bad idea.

Not necessarily. It all depends on chemistry and complimentary skill sets.

I have zero doubt that people said the same thing about Eric Devendorf leaving, or Johnny Flynn.

Gonna miss him but looking forward to the young bloods.
tumblr_mhz3bcZLxx1ql255wo7_250.gif

I didn't see any attribution on this claim by Zagoria.

What's the source? Who said it?

Did Battle say it? (he side stepped the question last night in the press conference)

Did Boeheim say it?

I'm not saying he's wrong, but he doesn't give a source.
Tyus posted essentially this on his insta today

Love Battle but he's going to struggle making a roster.

I agree I love Battle to. Love him in Orange. Great midrange game. Good getting to the tin. Mediocre deep ball. Not sure he can overcome the hitch in the shot and the out of control handle at times. Hope he make makes it, we’ll see.

Last edited:
Listening to him speak during the NCAA press gconference, what a quality young man. He spoke highly of his teammates. He called Carey and Buddy, “great kids.” Nothing was about himself. He’s a classy young man. I wish him nothing but the best. He will do well in anything he chooses to do. His parents should be proud and I’m sure SU is grateful for everything he has done to represent the University.

Listening to him speak during the NCAA press gconference, what a quality young man. He spoke highly of his teammates. He called Carey and Buddy, “great kids.” Nothing was about himself. He’s a classy young man. I wish him nothing but the best. He will do well in anything he chooses to do. His parents should be proud and I’m sure SU is grateful for everything he has done to represent the University.
This^^^^ One of our classiest players. When asked about Frank in the press conference he said something like No I'm not doing that. No one player is to blame. Loyal and classy to the end. A true team mate and he will be a great SU ambassador going forward. He gave us an extra year that many players would not have. He did it to get his degree and because he loved being Orange.

Well, of course.
The question is whether Brissett comes back, or wants to go play in Europe.
He is going to be under pressure to perform much better next year, or else Guerrier could take his job.

Sad to see this young man leave. Seems like a quality guy, both on and off the court. His father is also one of the nicest, classiest guys around. I will never forget the high-fives and the hug I gave him after the win in Cameron.

Best of luck to all of the Battles.

Maybe, maybe not.
It's harder to guard 5 guys than it is to guard one.

Of course, for the other team to have to guard 5 of our players, we'd need a center who can score again, a point guard willing to throw the ball into the post, and a whole new offense that is built on motion without the ball, and not focused so much on the high pick and roll and isolation plays.

And just to be clear, I'm very grateful for how good Tyus was as a teammate, what a clutch performer he was, and how many truly big shots he made. The kid is a warrior. I wish him great success in life.

Not necessarily. It all depends on chemistry and complimentary skill sets.

I have zero doubt that people said the same thing about Eric Devendorf leaving, or Johnny Flynn.
yeah - not in any way trying to say it's the same situation - but man people were jumping off bridges left and right after that '08-09 season when it became known none of Harris/Flynn/Devo were coming back

Well, of course.
The question is whether Brissett comes back, or wants to go play in Europe.
He is going to be under pressure to perform much better next year, or else Guerrier could take his job.

They why bother going to college if you're going to leave after 2 years and go to Europe? Why not go out of high school. What's the point of college then?

They why bother going to college if you're going to leave after 2 years and go to Europe? Why not go out of high school. What's the point of college then?

To mature physically and emotionally.
Playing against grown men is not a good idea when you're 18 years old and living in a foreign country where you don't speak the language.

Tyus Battle grad transfers to Washington to play with Isaiah Stewart and Quade Greene and be coached by Mike Hopkins.

Kidding.

This would be such an amazingly dramatic turn of events that I would likely let my jaw drop and just enjoy the show...it would be spectacular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom