Battle Gone ... per Zags | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle Gone ... per Zags

To mature physically and emotionally.
Playing against grown men is not a good idea when you're 18 years old and living in a foreign country where you don't speak the language.
And get better.

Well, of course.
The question is whether Brissett comes back, or wants to go play in Europe.
He is going to be under pressure to perform much better next year, or else Guerrier could take his job.

If Brissett actually tries to go to Europe, I'll be fascinated to see how it works out for him. I don't think any of the good European leagues would sign him. Simply put, he's a bad player right now relative to college players, much less relative to pros.

This would be such an amazingly dramatic turn of events that I would likely let my jaw drop and just enjoy the show...it would be spectacular.

Congratulations on the Schadenfreude Post of the Year!

If Brissett actually tries to go to Europe, I'll be fascinated to see how it works out for him. I don't think any of the good European leagues would sign him. Simply put, he's a bad player right now relative to college players, much less relative to pros.

Not every European League is NBA-lite. There are tiers of leagues in basketball, just like there are in soccer. Even Matt Gorman played 3 years in Europe, in Ireland and England.

I didn't see any attribution on this claim by Zagoria.

What's the source? Who said it?

Did Battle say it? (he side stepped the question last night in the press conference)

Did Boeheim say it?

I'm not saying he's wrong, but he doesn't give a source.
Leaked by JB, creates expectation. Just a guess.

Not every European League is NBA-lite. There are tiers of leagues in basketball, just like there are in soccer. Even Matt Gorman played 3 years in Europe, in Ireland and England.

Of course, that's why I said the top leagues in Europe.

I'm sure he could get signed by like the team that LaMelo played for for example.

At this point he might as well return for 1 more year and get a degree. Unfortunately I don't think he improved as much as he should have. And think he will struggle in NBA.

At this point he might as well return for 1 more year and get a degree. Unfortunately I don't think he improved as much as he should have. And think he will struggle in NBA.

Reports say he will be getting his degree in 3 (or be very close)

Best of luck to him. I think he is a long shot to make an NBA roster and should come back being a pre season all American isn’t a bad spot to be in vs leaving to most likely go undrafted. But he’s had a foot out the door since his freshman year.

The problem with his leaving for the draft is that there is an excellent chance he does not get drafted.

2019 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

2019 NBA Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Two two round mock drafts don't have his name.

Of course, he will certainly at least get a camp invite from some team, but his near term future is probably g-league.

More to gain in g-league or 4th year at Cuse ???

That will be his decision.

I wish him the best if he goes, but I just would not want to see him leave with the expectation that he will actually get drafted. I do not imagine that any pre-draft camps will change his stock much one way or the other. He had his feedback from last year & he is basically the same player.

yeah - not in any way trying to say it's the same situation - but man people were jumping off bridges left and right after that '08-09 season when it became known none of Harris/Flynn/Devo were coming back
I was one of those people. Then I saw the next team play. I’ve since learned to accept early entries as part of the game. You never know what the next season will bring. We have a hundred people on this board who think they know. The truth is, nobody knows. The fun is in finding out.

Worst turning pro decision in the history of su basketball?

I think I'm gonna declare too. I bet we end up in the same place on draft night. ( Spoiler alert- watching teams pick everyone but us)

I'm a big tyus fan and im glad he came back and helped salvage an ok season. It would have been rough without him.

I think he's a victim of the current mind set of athletics in America. He's a guy who's been told for years that would leave early and be a sure fire draft pick and be an NBA star. It's clear now that that isn't going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to see him succeed. But this leaving early to declare for a draft where he won't be drafted is just silly.

He's already got the degree, or is within 1 or 2 classes of attaining it.

I think I'm gonna declare too. I bet we end up in the same place on draft night. ( Spoiler alert- watching teams pick everyone but us)

I'm a big tyus fan and im glad he came back and helped salvage an ok season. It would have been rough without him.

I think he's a victim of the current mind set of athletics in America. He's a guy who's been told for years that would leave early and be a sure fire draft pick and be an NBA star. It's clear now that that isn't going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to see him succeed. But this leaving early to declare for a draft where he won't be drafted is just silly.

Is it, though?

He's been reported to be only 1 class shy of graduating at the end of this semester, at the end of his junior year. He can easily complete that down the road, or even tackle it online from abroad. Given that he's such a good student and from a family that values education, let's just give him the benefit of the doubt that he's checked the box of getting his college degree.

In terms of pro prospects, Battle came in expecting to be a one-and-done. We got him for three years. He might not ever make / play in the NBA, but I'm certain that he believes that he will. So he's going to give it a shot. And if he fails, then he can still make millions of dollars playing professional basketball overseas. Staying another year is a year of his potential pro career that he won't be able to play for pay.

Even if he comes back, it is unlikely that he's improve his draft stock, so there's nothing to be gained on that front.

So, in the big scheme of things, is it really that bad of a decision -- even if the NBA doesn't pan out?

Don't be that guy.
He has his degree, practically speaking.
We had no reasonable expectation he would be back this season, and he came back.
We underperformed in a big way, for a team that went to the Sweet 16, and then added Hughes, Boeheim, Carey and Braswell. This should have been a much better team. But it wasn't.
Really, what does he have left to prove?
Wish him well. He was a terrific player for us. He left more of a mark than Mali Richardson.

Eh, probably a good thing for both parties. Battle’s a great kid (by all accounts at least) who worked his tail off and will hope to turn that into a pro career.

As good as he is and has been, we will have a crowded backcourt and we never seemed to find any sort of offensive flow with tyus (and/or frank, for that matter).

Change is going to happen and the time is probably right for battle and the program.
Love Battle but we’ve been playing Battle ball and it didn’t work. Time for change. We need dynamic overhaul of our dynamics.

I’m burnt on Brissett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom