Bazely - You may not like it, but he was sending a message | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bazely - You may not like it, but he was sending a message

LeBron always says his biggest regret is not going to college. Kobe, too.

OK, I made that up.

One piece of advice for all college basketball players and recruits: never read a team's fan board. Never, ever.

How is this even relevant? Im against the one and done rule. Darius bazley should be able to go straight to the nba. He should get there as soon as possible because hes a lottery pick. Unfortunately for him, whether its g league or cuse, has to wait a year

Last edited:
Nobody has any power to enforce a commitment. It's not uncommon for this same thing to happen in baseball all of the time. If you follow college baseball, top baseball teams get commits that then enter the draft and ultimately skip college. You're right, it does play havok with coaches managing rosters from year to year, but there's nothing they can do to change it. The players hold the cards until they get on campus, when the 3 year rule kicks in. Coaches have to decide whether it's worth the risk to pursue the guys that could go either way.
I suppose it’s all relative, but the kids who skip college for baseball are drafted first and the best ones get sizeable signing bonuses from major league teams. This is basically a $26000 crap shoot with no guarantee of getting drafted.

Last edited:
Ive seen professional athletes piss away 100 times what the g league offers.

A one and done can feasibly go back to school and finish his degree with the money he makes in the first round.

A g leaguer?

This makes no sense. NONE
A G leaguer can't go to college? Wow! I wonder if Darulius knew that?

I suppose it’s all relative, but the kids who skip college for baseball are drafted first and the best ones get sizeable signing bonuses from major league teams. This is basically a $26000 crap shoot with no guarantee of getting drafted.
No guarantee of getting drafted if he goes to college.

No guarantee of getting drafted if he goes to college.
But a guarentee of a chance at a paid for degree...

At least he has something going for him at that point

Did you even read my post or the one it was in response to? It had nothing to do with how much sense Bazley's decision makes compared to a MLB prospect's. I was commenting on the lack of power the NCAA or a coach has to enforce a commitment if a player decides to skip college and how it complicates roster management from a coaches perspective. Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

Did you even read my post or the one it was in response to? It had nothing to do with how much sense Bazley's decision makes compared to a MLB prospect's. I was commenting on the lack of power the NCAA or a coach has to enforce a commitment if a player decides to skip college and how it complicates roster management from a coaches perspective. Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with anything I was talking about.
Ok. Disregard my reply.