Bazley Decommits | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we did, and this never happened, and we never found out about it, we’d all sleep soundly.
And if it did come out in the future, the NCAA would absolutely napalm this program.

I'm all for being outraged on here because this isn't as easy to find stuff as social media but tweeting directly at a 17 year old "Enjoy working at Pep Boys in 3 years" is so pathetic it hurts lol. We have (and every school does/would) some classless fans

I think it's absurd - but he's a pro now.

He's doing to have to play against 24 year old grown men that have been around the block. Tweets are the least of it.

semi-pro.jpg

Try this on for size. He can only get 26k from the g league but can now legally get as much sneaker money as he can which other stars may be getting illegally.

It’s this.

Given the current climate - illegal $ is drying up everywhere. It will take a while, but this is a trend that will and *should* continue unless the NCAA fixes what’s broke.

This sucks and it hurts - and this will be an unpopular take - but this kid has a marketable skill that could earn him a very nice payday. (If I were his parent, I’d suggest a free degree is a really nice fallback.)

It's a big gamble for him. Much easier to play well and hide your weaknesses on the college level than against grown men playing for their lives in the G league.

He could cost himself millions in guaranteed money if his draft stock drops as if gets bullied around. Only time will tell.

On another note, imo, there is no way he did this unless he got a minimum six figure advance from an agent.

The people thinking he did it for 26k are seriously misunderstanding this decision.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

When you were in school you didn’t have to put the work these football and basketball players put in.

The NCAA makes money off these kids. I don’t blame the schools for following the rules.
The rules are the problem.

I did playing hockey. We weren’t the basketball team but I represented my university and got a quality education and paid for it myself.

I don’t care how hard they work, there are kids that represent their university or work to support themselves, that work as hard or harder than any kid playing basketball.

This sounds like someone who didn't want to come to SU

Sounds fine to me like it did when someone posted it before.

A movie line at the end of three days of the Condor. You think if you lie and don't get caught it's the same as telling the truth. It's not. And neither is winning by cheating. No thanks.
Look if we’re going to stink because we broke some rules... because some will say the last 4 years are a result of that... we might as well go big or go home. SU doesn’t want to be Villanova and it doesn’t want to cheat like the blue bloods.

Well you have to pick one Wildhack!!!

I think the players should get cash.

They deserve it.

I think the NCAA is a plantation.
Hmm. I did not realize I spent 4 of the best years of my life on a plantation. That I paid to live and work at. Pretty sure I spent as much time working as the athletes spent practicing.

I hear God is a big fan of the Grand Rapids Drive.

This is awful. I mean, screw him and his camp, but you don't come back from death.

After burning Ohio State and now Syracuse, that's one more school that never sets foot in the doors of Princeton Day School.

I hate the NCAA. But the member schools make the rules.
The P5 couldn’t do full cost all those years because there are 351 D1 schools.
Those schools outside of the P5 don’t want to pay players because they can’t afford it and they want the money from the tournament and Corporate sponsors.

The big schools should be able to give these athletes that actually deserve more what they deserve.
The rules are written for the advantage of the schools not players.

The more I think about it, the more this looks to portray Boeheim in a bad light (though I happen to believe it's not his fault).

But what this kid is saying is essentially that his career will be better advanced by being taught by some anonymous D League coach for a year than it would be by learning under Boeheim.

To me, that's asinine. But kids do dumb things sometimes.

I don’t think it’s that simple. In the G-league you’re getting coached to play in the NBA by NBA teams/coaches. It’s being built up - Silver is committed to it.

College basketball will look more and more like college baseball IMO.

Look if we’re going to stink because we broke some rules... because some will say the last 4 years are a result of that... we might as well go big or go home. SU doesn’t want to be Villanova and it doesn’t want to cheat like the blue bloods.

Well you have to pick one Wildhack!!!
There is a difference. And if you want to win by cheating like the blue bloods, good for you. Count me out.

Isn't the top of the G league pay scale $35,000? The NBA is very foolish to destroy their "free" feeder system. I don't think you will see anyone decommit from Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas etc. The benefit of the exposure there is valuable. IMO Bazley would have a better chance being a 1st round draft choice playing the year in college. I expect lower level players to try this but not the elite recruits. Very questionable move on his part.

I did playing hockey. We weren’t the basketball team but I represented my university and got a quality education and paid for it myself.

I don’t care how hard they work, there are kids that represent their university or work to support themselves, that work as hard or harder than any kid playing basketball.
Hockey doesn’t generate the millions of dollars of profit that basketball and football do.
The football and basketball profits help pay for the other sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom