Bazley Decommits | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next man up.

I know it’s trite, but that’s where we’re at.

Anything else is just flailing about.

Only problem there this isn’t the SU offensive line. Next man up isn’t the No. 9 prospect in the nation.

I’ll check in in October to see where we stand. It is what it is.

Isn't the top of the G league pay scale $35,000? The NBA is very foolish to destroy their "free" feeder system. I don't think you will see anyone decommit from Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas etc. The benefit of the exposure there is valuable. IMO Bazley would have a better chance being a 1st round draft choice playing the year in college. I expect lower level players to try this but not the elite recruits. Very questionable move on his part.
Couldn't have said it better. It makes no sense, which is why VERY FEW IF ANY of the other high-level recruits are pulling this kind of BS at the last minute.

Couldn't have said it better. It makes no sense, which is why VERY FEW IF ANY of the other high-level recruits are pulling this kind of BS at the last minute.

It seems to me that this is a play to open up his compensation sooner. I.E., endorsements, money from agents, etc.

The salary is the tiniest component of this, IMO.

There is a difference. And if you want to win by cheating like the blue bloods, good for you. Count me out.
Would you rather be mediocre because we cheated or be mediocre because we can’t recruit like the blue bloods? At least with the former we’d have cycles of prosperity. The other way... the current way... we’re bubble for life. No way. Life is too short to be ok with the bubble.

Agent saw him and momma coming from a mile away...Can't believe this crap

It seems to me that this is a play to open up his compensation sooner. I.E., endorsements, money from agents, etc.

The salary is the tiniest component of this, IMO.
No doubt. This isn't about $26k. I think you're right that agent/endorsement money is afoot, especially at such a late juncture.

My problem is with what Madbiker posted -- that in effect, this was a desperate, foolish, ill-timed move that a recruit at Bazley's level (and a young man with character) doesn't need to make. In addition to making himself look like a fool, it shuts him out of coverage (TV audiences for the ACC and the NCAA tournament are massive). It exposes him to injury. And potentially it reduces his draft value. And all for what, a loan from an agent? $100k is 10-20% of what he'd make by moving up a couple draft slots higher in the lottery after a national level season. There's a reason he's the only top-level kid going this route.

Last edited:
Staff was blindsided.

Now that is what pisses me off more than anything...you wanna go to the G -league? Fine ...be a freaking man about it. Classless on him and whoever is advising him. Really hoped he went to the staff first and thought he did. Clearly shouldnt have given him the benefit of the doubt

My son just read that he stated he did it because he saw so many players leave early end up in the g league that he would skip straight to that.

I have never wished injury on someone but ..... I still wont but hope he busts out of G-League

Would you rather be mediocre because we cheated or be mediocre because we can’t recruit like the blue bloods? At least with the former we’d have cycles of prosperity. The other way... the current way... we’re bubble for life. No way. Life is too short to be ok with the bubble.
I don't agree with your choices. The sanctions had more to do with the bubble. Before them, we were a #1 seed twice this decade. I have more honor than to cheat to win. once you go down that road in life, you are truly lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom