Bazley Decommits | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff was blindsided.

I'm sure they were. Didn't the AD just mention Bazley & next year in a recent interview?

Not at all staff's fault either. I mean, who does this?

Guys are now inventing new ways to not play for SU

It seems to me that this is a play to open up his compensation sooner. I.E., endorsements, money from agents, etc.

The salary is the tiniest component of this, IMO.

Money from agents are loans. Let's stop talking about this like it's a blank check.

I think the kid is talented but people forget how truly difficult it is to jump from HS to pro.
There’s a reason not a ton did it when it was allowed.
Kid is kind of a clown from his social media I’ve followed. But he could’ve developed nicely here. Oh well I’m cool with MD. Jalen adds some much need back court depth.
All good

I've advocated for years that players should be able to go pro from high school if they want to and we'll go with the legit college students, which will avoid recruiting, discipline, legal and academic problems. But my concept was that that the resulting culture change would be for everybody, not just for us because our decides to to make history. I want o hear that top recruits at Duke and UNC and other places do the same thing. But I don't expect to hear it. Not for $26,000 and all those bus rides.

Last edited:
I think the kid is talented but people forget how truly difficult it is to jump from HS to pro.
Kid is kind of a clown from his social media I’ve followed. But he could’ve developed nicely here. Oh well I’m cool with MD. Jalen adds some much need back court depth.
All good
It's really not all good unless Brissett comes back. If he does, whatever, have fun getting your string bean self bodied in the G-League.

The NCAA brought this onto itself. Unfortunate that we have to be one of ths losers from it.

The framework for the G-League and top prospects is still a little shaky which makes the move strange now. But I expect that within 3 years the G League will have 3-5 teams of "freshman" that are not affiliated with any team. Rosters will be filled with some veterans. The "draftee development" teams will train at highly developed training centres, and have top quality trainers and teach the players human skills to succeed more in the NBA. This will be funded by NBA teams as they know they will get properly molded prospects. They just need a little more buy in and are almost there.

The more I think about it, it sounds like an agent got in his ear and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. His qoutes all sound like he's been rehearsing this for awhile. To not even mention the impact on Syracuse tells me he sold his soul.

So this agent ? Did he talk to any other kids ? Why did he only convince our guy? I’m supposed to believe he couldn’t convince the others because we’re the only squeaky clean program ?

The NCAA brought this onto itself. Unfortunate that we have to be one of ths losers from it.

The framework for the G-League and top prospects is still a little shaky which makes the move strange now. But I expect that within 3 years the G League will have 3-5 teams of "freshman" that are not affiliated with any team. Rosters will be filled with some veterans. The "draftee development" teams will train at highly developed training centres, and have top quality trainers and teach the players human skills to succeed more in the NBA. This will be funded by NBA teams as they know they will get properly molded prospects. They just need a little more buy in and are almost there.

What you are describing is euro club system

When you were in school you didn’t have to put the work these football and basketball players put in.

The NCAA makes money off these kids. I don’t blame the schools for following the rules.
The rules are the problem.

But I also didn’t get free room and board.

My son just read that he stated he did it because he saw so many players leave early end up in the g league that he would skip straight to that.

Wow I really hope that's not his logic. Does he realize that a lot of those guys that leave early and end up in the G League are on NBA contracts making six or seven figures? Not $26,000.

It's not the first year that it's allowed. The G-League has always been that you could enter the league as long as you were 18 by the time of the draft.

I misread that. It’s all the other stuff they may start doing with HS players that would be new.

Maybe this was covered in the other pages... but am I missing something?

Don’t you have to be drafted or signed by an NBA team and then designated to the g-league?

How do you just hop on a roster w no NBA affiliation?

So this agent ? Did he talk to any other kids ? Why did he only convince our guy? I’m supposed to believe he couldn’t convince the others because we’re the only squeaky clean program ?

Not sure if it has anything to do with it but I think baz and momma come from very little. Not sure what other burger boys situations are like but this feels like someone offered up some cash and their eyes lit up and couldn't say yes fast enough. Also from the article posted it sounds like he has a inner circle of dummies as well as his high school coach.

Watch em back out lf the g league and go somehwere else...kids clearly cant make up his mind

Blindsided? If this was known for a month it’s shocking to me they kept it this close to the vest

I'm sure they were. Didn't the AD just mention Bazley & next year in a recent interview?

Not at all staff's fault either. I mean, who does this?

Guys are now inventing new ways to not play for SU

Let’s face facts . The creme of the crop want nothing to do with playing our style of rock fight basketball . We need to change our recruiting strategy and go for kids more suited to our sleep inducing system

Bottom line is JB is not adapting to the times. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he has to play nice with anyone. Not with the media, not with the NCAA, and most importantly not with the agent culture. The Clint Eastwood shtick doesn't cut it anymore.

Agents are at the top of the food chain. Coaches are somewhere below them in the pecking order. JB hasn't realized or accepted this reality.

Going to be a long 4 years till Buddy graduates.
So I guess the times just changed last night. A week ago the kid was gushing about playing for a HOF coach and coming to Syracuse.

Well, whatever fits your narrative.

Maybe this was covered in the other pages... but am I missing something?

Don’t you have to be drafted or signed by an NBA team and then designated to the g-league?

How do you just hop on a roster w no NBA affiliation?

G league also has a draft

All good

I guess he couldn’t find a corny Drake song to hashtag if he went to college though. And he couldn’t pretend to be some important revolutionary because he’s playing minor league basketball.

But I also didn’t get free room and board.

Nor did you get free swag, trips to/from home, tutors or tickets for your family.

These kids also get this whether they are stars on a Top 25 team on TV all the time or a backup at a lousy team who still never sees the field. So yes their upside is capped, but their downside is limited too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom