Bazley Decommits | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
F953EB70-A96F-4F27-AFC1-98D58D51051F.jpeg

We weren't a Top 5 team even if he comes here. We would have been better and still will be. Also he won't only be getting his salary from the G-Leauge I'm sure there are other funding sources coming his way. Kid does not seem dumb. Think he overstates his talent a bit but not dumb. Also I can't get on the selfish bandwagon. Kid owes nothing to us. It stinks but its the way it is.

I'm also not so sure more kids won't do this. It is going to be fascinating to see if it sticks.
I disagree that he owes us nothing. He made a commitment to the coaches and the program—almost a year ago— and we stopped recruiting other kids for his position because he signed with us. That shows a lack of character and loyalty frankly. I guess his decommitment from Ohio State was a harbinger if this.

Last edited:
I disagree that he owes us nothing. He made a commitment to the coaches and the program—almost a year ago— and we stopped recruiting other kids for his position because he signed with us. That shows a lack of character, loyalty and ethics frankly. I guess his decommitment from Ohio State was a harbinger if this.

yes, completely agree. to do so without warning to the coaches and future teammates. Super weak move from an apparently weak minded and immature kid

The nonsense our fellow Cuse fans are posting on his Twitter is disgusting. He damn sure won’t have second thoughts now. Lol idiots.

I disagree that he owes us nothing. He made a commitment to the coaches and the program—almost a year ago— and we stopped recruiting other kids for his position because he signed with us. That shows a lack of character, loyalty and ethics frankly. I guess his decommitment from Ohio State was a harbinger if this.

Did we owe BJ, Buss, and Kaleb nothing when we shipped them off?

Well CBB is getting ruined...so we have that
I don't know about that. Loyola-Chicago is legitimately fun to watch based solely on the basketball you see on the court.

Shoe contract too I'm sure

I don't see him getting a shoe deal, and if he does, I would bet that it's peanuts. Shoe companies funneling money to college stars is one thing. They know those kids will make names for themselves on a huge platform, which will in turn help sell sneakers once they get to the league. In this case, you have a kid who is going to toil in obscurity for a year without any guarantee that he's even in the NBA next year.

The nonsense our fellow Cuse fans are posting on his Twitter is disgusting. He damn sure won’t have second thoughts now. Lol idiots.

It’s stupid. And at the same time, so is being naive enough to be offended/bothered by it - if he is.

I don't see him getting a shoe deal, and if he does, I would bet that it's peanuts. Shoe companies funneling money to college stars is one thing. They know those kids will make names for themselves on a huge platform, which will in turn help sell sneakers once they get to the league. In this case, you have a kid who is going to toil in obscurity for a year without any guarantee that he's even in the NBA next year.
A shoe deal no one in their right mind would give him one. He is a complete unknown.

Yup. John Wallace(not with a major shoe brand, but he amazingly still had one) and Carmelo both had signature sneakers right away. Derrick Coleman didn’t take long to get one either. Everyone knew these guys.

Guys from nobody colleges like Lillard and George took years to get their signature shoes. A guy like Giannis still doesn’t have one, though I believe I heard it’s coming next year. There is certainly potential financial value in entering the league as a big name.

I don't condone it. But I understand why ... pull a sh#tty maneuver like this and people are going feel disrespected and wronged and angry. There are a dozen other recruits we could have been courting if he had been the slightest bit more honest that he was considering skipping college for the G-L bus tour. Talk about a low BB IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom