Bazley Decommits | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the staff do? Half ass try and convince em to change his mind once ?Or be in contact daily to try and sway em?

Imo they will back off and wish em luck

They’ll obviously make the call, even fly out to see him. But they need to be prepared to move on. Problem is, SU still has a solid lineup if everyone else returns. So getting a quality grad transfer may be tough if you’re promising minutes.

I hope this works for him and he absolutely kills it and I hope every single top recruit follows the model from here on out. I’m okay with college basketball being full of kids who dreamed of playing for the college of Choice their entire life. At least then we know that no one is being purchased.

Reviewing this thread, there are some Boeheim bashers who had to be silent during the NCAA run and are now using this as a chance to make a comeback. I don't see how this has anything to do with anything Jim or his staff did or did not do.

Mood

giphy.gif

They’ll obviously make the call, even fly out to see him. But they need to be prepared to move on. Problem is, SU still has a solid lineup if everyone else returns. So getting a quality grad transfer may be tough if you’re promising minutes.

We have to get a grad transfer ow, if there's one who has 2 years like Cam Johnson did even better. That Dartmouth kid would have been perfect. In the meantime staff should put the full court press on Battle to stay.

Reviewing this thread, there are some Boeheim bashers who had to be silent during the NCAA run and are now using this as a chance to make a comeback. I don't see how this has anything to do with anything Jim or his staff did or did not do.
It may or may not. We don’t know.

Fran once told a ref to “get over 9-11” when he was coaching a game against Air Force and was crying about calls and claiming Air Force was being favored.

He’s a clown.

I hope this works for him and he absolutely kills it and I hope every single top recruit follows the model from here on out. I’m okay with college basketball being full of kids who dreamed of playing for the college of Choice their entire life. At least then we know that no one is being purchased.

That's something I disagree on. If the money is still in college athletics, then colleges are still going to be going hard after that next tier, because that will now be the top tier in college ball. Recruiting will still be a high-stakes game.

We did that. Moyer is transferring, and there's Howard Washington.
Not sure i'd be able to stomach a syracuse team full of four year kids trying to compete with Duke's 8 McD players.
How do Tony Bennett and Jay Wright do it?

Considering we run 4 year guys out of town after a year or two except for a few I’m not sure that works.

Lets hope he didnt sign anything and the staff can work some magic. I know theres a better chance of Kim Jong Un declaring world peace but lets see...

He had to have gotten paid already. Wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole now. Give him the Chris Webber from 4:54 of this video “good luck” and move on. I wish I had a sound clip of this “good luck”. I’d use it on a daily basis to people.

So what? Right now he has zero money. In another year, after he signs an NBA contract, he'll have lots of money.

In the interim, he wants to have more money than he has now. He doesn't get that if he goes to college, but there are no restrictions on that following this path he's trailblazing.

When he signs his NBA contract, he'll easily be able to pay back whatever loans he is floated, and be happy that he had access to the $$$ this year instead of the alternative.

You're acting like it's a guarantee he pans out in the D League. He's going up every night against guys that want his spot. He's playing on a team with guys that want his spot. When he doesn't have the ball in his hands in the half court he's not worth a damn. He's too frail to impact defensively at the next level right now. Someone might take a flyer on him and toss him at the end of an NBA bench.

Hockey doesn’t generate the millions of dollars of profit that basketball and football do.
The football and basketball profits help pay for the other sports.
Colleges can't pay these kids enough money to make a difference in competing with agents advancing 6 figure payouts or even with the $26k G league payout. NBA looks like they will change rules to allow top kids to be drafted out of high school. Those that go to college will have to make a 2 year commitment before being draft eligible. Changes that make sense for both the NBA and colleges.

He had to have gotten paid already. Wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole now. Give him the Chris Webber from 4:54 of this video “good luck” and move on. I wish I had a sound clip of this “good luck”. I’d use it on a daily basis to people.

One of my favorite videos of all time. I ran a company out in Vegas and showed my assistant this, we would use the “good luck” at least 10 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom