Bazley Decommits | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LOI means you can’t go to another school without being granted a release. That’s it.

Not playing to coaches expectations? Too bad. You’re transferring. And you have to sit out a year.

Coach gets a better offer? He’s gone and starts immediately. Player wants to go to a bigger program? Not until after you sit out a year, and maybe not at all if coach has his way.

As a Cuse fan his sucks but yeah sorry I’m not gonna tip the kid because he wants to make some money on his talent.

Exactly. I'm not suggesting Moyer has been good enough to play but I can imagine he and his family had his a ss kissed pretty good for him to sign that priceless LOI.

To bring it back to our team. More mins for Oshae and Marek. Bring in another program guy. Steal him from Butler or whatever like he did Washington.

As long as OB comes back, we're good.

Only thing I'll add is that I'll actually be pretty confident if OB comes back AND Sid's knee surgery goes well.

College basketball gets tougher every day to enjoy. Especially when your team is the only one that has to play by the rules.

It won't get better unless the NBA ever decided to have baseball-like draft/minor league system. There is no incentive for them to do this, the best talent will find its way to the league without a minor league that loses money.

The move doesn't make sense to me. He had a 70% chance of getting a 7 figure contract next year. Now he has a 70% chance of earning 50k in two years and having to look for another path.

For those who say Baze owes nothing; how about a phone call, an apology?

You think Coach K is going to get caught.

Like Happy from Blue Chips said “ the money is untraceable friends of the program know what they are doing”
I think you forgot how that movie ends.

To bring it back to our team. More mins for Oshae and Marek. Bring in another program guy. Steal him from Butler or whatever like he did Washington.

As long as OB comes back, we're good.
Now we either need battle to come back or we need an impact transfer to replace Benedict Arnold.

The move doesn't make sense to me. He had a 70% chance of getting a 7 figure contract next year. Now he has a 70% chance of earning 50k in two years and having to look for another path.

looool

Someone gave him terrible advice. There is no upside to this for his future earning potential. If he came to cuse even if he wasn't as good as people think or he gets hurt, he's still a first round pick. Ie. Porter jr, mccollough. In the g leauge he will be going up against 20-28 year old men with a chip on their shoulder, and any flaws will get exposed. If he gets hurt, who will be overseeing his medical care? Even if he recieves a million dollar endorsement deal, that's not a lot of money after taxes and agents fees if it doesn't pan out. At least first round guarantees a few million plus endorsement's

Man, 99% of time I would say exact same thing.

But this one seems different to me for some reason. I have a feeling the coaches had no idea this was coming...didn't the AD just mention Bazley & next year in an interview?

IDK why this one is killing me so much. Maybe cause how the team ended the year...playing so unselfishly, putting the team's goals ahead of individual goals. Playing so hard for each other. Giving it their all. It was so inspiring.

Then to dream about our lineup for next year. Witness how Bazley seemed to be exactly similar to this team - a guy who cheered other teammates. Who seemed to be proud of his affiliation with Cuse.

To have this happen is so jarring. Unexpected. Shocking. IDK...this one just feels different to me

But he just didn’t lose Taurean Thompson. Or Geno Thorpe.

He lost a Melo type of talent. Someone who transforms a team.

We essentially replaced Bazley with Dolezaj.

One just doesn’t figure that out.

SU can’t just turn to another elite player like, say, Duke.

Venture to guess Bazley was worth five wins.

Someone gave him terrible advice. There is no upside to this for his future earning potential. If he came to cuse even if he wasn't as good as people think or he gets hurt, he's still a first round pick. Ie. Porter jr, mccollough. In the g leauge he will be going up against 20-28 year old men with a chip on their shoulder, and any flaws will get exposed. If he gets hurt, who will be overseeing his medical care? Even if he recieves a million dollar endorsement deal, that's not a lot of money after taxes and agents fees if it doesn't pan out. At least first round guarantees a few million plus endorsement's

Someone gave him money up front, I’m guessing. One doesn’t jump to the G league for 26K. It had to be worth his while. The truth will come out.

Not to mention if he struggles (quite possible, considering he's 150 pounds soaking wet) there's no real incentive for a G-League coach to develop him by forcing playing time. Considering he won't be assigned to a specific NBA franchise. He's on his own like the older guys. They're going to try to kick his ass.

I wouldn't say there's no upside, but I see what you're saying.

One thing I would add - as far as I understand it, whichever G-League team he plays, the NBA team will NOT have his rights. So what motivation will that team have with him? It's not a situation where if he plays great, it helps the NBA team and they can call him up. He's pretty much on an island. Why would a G-League team give him major minutes over guys they have under contract and can actually call up to the NBA?

But he just didn’t lose Taurean Thompson. Or Geno Thorpe.

He lost a Melo type of talent. Someone who transforms a team.

We essentially replaced Bazley with Dolezaj.

One just doesn’t figure that out.

SU can’t just turn to another elite player like, say, Duke.

Venture to guess Bazley was worth five wins.
Freshman Bazley to a sophomore Dolezaj isn't worth 5 wins.

Could you make the argument that Battle to Hughes/Carey is 3-4 wins? Sure.

But the improvement of OB and Dolezaj combined with the perceived better health of PC/BS - not all is lost.

We are no doubt a better team with Bazley. But this roster is way better than it was in October of 2017

But if he isn’t eligible for the draft what is stopping the kids from basically being called up and signed as a call up free agent pick up. In other words pretty much a work around to the one and done rule.
Id imagine the kids being signed out of the g league will be signed for significantly less. They’ll be easier to let go of and replace with an investment like a draft . Its just an uncomfortably big gamble for a 16 or 17 yr old to take

This really sucks but he made what he thinks is the best decision for himself. I’ll be rooting for him. Hopefully he’s an all star every year and retires with the G League career scoring record.

You know what's fantastic? I just got an email letting me know the upgrades to my mountain bike are done and riding season is right around the corner. My boat comes out of storage next month as well. Time to get back to focusing on those things that truly bring me joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom