Bazley Decommits | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
First kid ever? Straight to D league intentionally?

Last edited:
First kid ever? Straight to D league intetionally?
There was some rule in place, I think, that prevented HS seniors from going straight to the D-league. I remember an article from last season about it.

Edited: found it. Source: NBA prospects denied by G League

Not applicable in this case. But the NBA has doubled down on making the Gleague more attractive to HS kids.

Last edited:
There was some rule in place, I think, that prevented HS seniors from going straight to the D-league. I remember an article from last season about it.
So very sad.

Freshman Bazley to a sophomore Dolezaj isn't worth 5 wins.

Could you make the argument that Battle to Hughes/Carey is 3-4 wins? Sure.

But the improvement of OB and Dolezaj combined with the perceived better health of PC/BS - not all is lost.

We are no doubt a better team with Bazley. But this roster is way better than it was in October of 2017

Dolezaj is ideally a sixth man on a top 20 team.

Max G league salary is $26k if you are not on an NBA contract. Absolutely stupid move.

Not including the $100K (guessing) the agent slipped him for going to the G league and for signing. It's not just $26K we're talking about here.

Bazley said the following:

“I’m aware that this might start a trend and that’s one of the reasons why I am doing this,” Bazley told Yahoo Sports. “I’m outspoken and I like to speak on things. This is me speaking through my actions, speaking through my character. This is going to happen down the road and become more common. But someone has to start the fire — and I believe I’m going to do that, and it’s very important to me."

Well, congratuf'inglations - great trend, screw the school you signed with. I hope kids don't follow in those footsteps. I'd be a lot more OK with this if he decided it 3 or 4 months ago. Now we're up a creek and need to find a grad transfer, or much lesser recruit. Just disappointed in the way this played out. Frustrating to say the least.

I don't believe for a second that Bazley didn't have those words put in his head by an agent. Sounds much more like it came from an agent's mouth, or perhaps his mom.

Yeah I get the decision. I don’t like it, but if he thinks that’s the best move for him then so be it.

But LOL f$:& no I am not rooting for Darius Bazley.

You keep posting this.
It's a gut punch for sure, and he's a talent for sure. But, no, he is NOT that kind of talent.

He would have averaged 18-20 a game. Our running game would have been sick. Expect to see a stagnant half court offense again next year. The look won’t change much. Carey for Battle. Nothing will change,

He would have averaged 18-20 a game. Our running game would have been sick. Expect to see a stagnant half court offense again next year. The look won’t change much. Carey for Battle. Nothing will change,

Averaging 18-20 a game just makes you Donte Greene.

Would you rather be mediocre because we cheated or be mediocre because we can’t recruit like the blue bloods? At least with the former we’d have cycles of prosperity. The other way... the current way... we’re bubble for life. No way. Life is too short to be ok with the bubble.
No one’s stopping you from rooting for another team.

Try this on for size. He can only get 26k from the g league but can now legally get as much sneaker money as he can which other stars may be getting illegally.

And if he can't climb out of the G league that sneaker money will disappear as fast or faster than it appeared.

Someone gave him terrible advice. There is no upside to this for his future earning potential. If he came to cuse even if he wasn't as good as people think or he gets hurt, he's still a first round pick. Ie. Porter jr, mccollough. In the g leauge he will be going up against 20-28 year old men with a chip on their shoulder, and any flaws will get exposed. If he gets hurt, who will be overseeing his medical care? Even if he recieves a million dollar endorsement deal, that's not a lot of money after taxes and agents fees if it doesn't pan out. At least first round guarantees a few million plus endorsement's

Agent got in mom's ear and his high school coach wanted to use this to pump his profile. Y'all been getting by for this long. What's another year of waiting to where he can position himself to get lottery position? There's no foresight. Too many greedy family members.

Averaging 18-20 a game just makes you Donte Greene.

Seriously? I guess you haven’t seen him play. Greene was a shooter. That’s about it. Bazley’s open court game is dynamic. He’s a good ball handler and a great passer. There’s a reason he was a top 10 player.

From the perspective of a Syracuse basketball fan, this is extremely disappointing news.

But if I was a completely neutral observer and taking his commitment to Syracuse completely out of the equation, I would have advised him to go to the G-League instead of playing college basketball.

It would have been bad advice to convince a 17-year old to roll the dice like that.

This is Winfred Walton level disappointment in terms of what it means to the team’s prospects.

Wonder if this kid’s career will turn out better than Walton’s.

Walton was SAT problems. Very disappointing, yes. But self-inflicted. Maybe in the next couple of years we'll see if Bazley shot himself in the foot too.

So this agent ? Did he talk to any other kids ? Why did he only convince our guy? I’m supposed to believe he couldn’t convince the others because we’re the only squeaky clean program ?
Look at where the other McD’s players are headed. It’s actually a safe bet.

Yup if this was such a good idea why is he the only one doing this?

It's like streaking the Quad. Somebody has to go first. :p

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online