Bazley Decommits | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. And I saw Bazley play last night.

He may have certainly changed our offense, but that doesn’t make him a “melo like talent.”

Not saying he’s headed for a similar NBA career. But he would have impacted the team in a similar way. We’ll return 4 of 5 starters next year. We needed someone to spark the offense. Carey for Battle isn’t doing it. We’ll continue to be a plodding halfcourt team. Chukwu, Dolezaj and Brissett are not good ball handlers. More of the same. Bazley would have opened things up and helped create more of an uptempo along with Carey.

So much speculation. Do we really think this kid is going to the G league because Moyer didn’t like the program and JB didn’t call enough. So much more to this.

Second i am over the “I’m hearing” posts that constantly contradict each other. I appreciate the very few posters who know what they are talking about but I swear more people spew BS on here just to stir things up.

Totally agree. Posters just pop up as soon as something goes wrong and pump up their egos by pretending to know what is going on. It’s really quite pitiful. Kids make decisions and sometimes they make poorly thought out decisions.

I am more disappointed by the timing of the decision than the actual decision itself. Darius is a great player who I wish we could have seen in Orange, even if it had only been for one year. I wish he had made his mind up earlier so that we could have gone after a guy that probably would not have been a 4 or 5 star guy, but someone who could end up being a solid player for us for 3-4 years. Those are the guys I wish we would go after more tbh. I know it is cool to have a streak of 7 consecutive drafts where we have had a player go in the first round, but a majority of these first rounders are not even capable enough to crack an NBA rotation. I am not discounting any of these guys and what they have done for this university, but I would rather have a bunch of guys who contribute to the program for 2 or 3 years than have one and dones who are G League guys and really nothing more.

Here's to next year though and if our team plays with at least half of the heart it did this past season, we'll be in good shape. Cuse Forever and Ever

Last edited:
I think the players should get cash.

They deserve it.

I think the NCAA is a plantation.[/QUOTE

Which players?

How many sports?

Women too?

Whose taking out the loan?

Gotta wonder — to all those who insist your 'handshake/word is your bond,' at what point would you start to reconsider? How much money would be enough to cause you to consider reneging? 50k? 100k? 500? I don't think you are completely honest if you assert your handshake is irrevocable.

If he's getting money from a source that supplements a g league salary, he's likely making a rational decision. But, the system sucks. And it sucks that the first kid who thinks he's going to disrupt the system is doing it at our expense.

I was intrigued by his talents but didn't believe he was our savior. After the massive shock hours ago, I'm now fine with it in a way. Maybe it's just that I'm getting to be conditioned to accepting disappointments. We will have a decent team next year. With all the same issues and injuries and controversies as this year. And another bubble watch. And another ncaa tournament that some will say makes irrelevant all that came prior.

I now have a bad feeling about Oshae. If he visits camps and makes a good showing because he's got skills and the body and the mind, and doesn't have to go against the kind of serious defense that suppressed his close-range FG%, he could be attractive to scouts. I hope this Bazeley thing hasn't come as such a disappointment to him that it causes him to reassess—both his chances at winning next year, and his prospects of professionalism with this unproven player leapfrogging him toward salary play. And I wonder how he really feels about JB, Howard, our style of play, etc.

I don’t get how people can say that we’ll be fine. Maybe we won’t lose 20 games but there is not a universe where we’re a better team without a top 10 recruit next year.
Teams aren't made by one person - would we be better with him, sure. Bu
What about the guys that did come here and then told them they weren’t good enough to play here and showed them the door. Buss, BJ, Kaleb, Chinoso, then Thorpe comes and doesn’t get run. We expect 100% loyalty but don’t give it out, or only give it to worthy players.
Ok, I'll bite. Did we in fact tell these kids once they were on campus that they should leave because they weren't good enough?

I call BS on the first two. You have no idea and about either. If the kid changed his mind because a jimmy didn’t keep starting Moyer then we don’t want him. Amazing how all the naysayers shut their traps as we rolled in the NCAA tourney and now come out of hiding
Its you who actually doesn't have a clue.

Not saying he’s headed for a similar NBA career. But he would have impacted the team in a similar way. We’ll return 4 of 5 starters next year. We needed someone to spark the offense. Carey for Battle isn’t doing it. We’ll continue to be a plodding halfcourt team. Chukwu, Dolezaj and Brissett are not good ball handlers. More of the same. Bazley would have opened things up and helped create more of an uptempo along with Carey.

Exactly. Let the games in the 50s, tempo in 300s, and AdjO sub-100 continue...

Likely clearinghouse issues. Kid was an army brat & attended like 6 different High Schools.

According to Francis via Twitter there were no issues and he was a great student. Apparently there's been noise about this move in Bazley's camp for a little bit now.

So if Bazely can get some significant endorsement $ and play in the G League, why the hell is Zion going to college who is 10x more marketable and higher projected.

There are 4-5 guys in that class who could really get paid big $. Why don’t they?

According to Francis via Twitter there were no issues and he was a great student. Apparently there's been noise about this move in Bazley's camp for a little bit now.
Makes it even worse have the guts to let the coaching staff know so they can move on.

Makes it even worse have the guts to let the coaching staff know so they can move on.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but I've seen it speculated here and I would guess the MM situation did not make him too happy.

Anthony wasn’t a grown man. Go back and look. And that has nothing to do with how Bazley would perform. He would have changed our offense in many ways. Now we’re replacing Battle with Carey. Expect our offense to look a lot like this year. Stagnant.

The other guys back will all be better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom