Bazley Decommits | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Francis via Twitter there were no issues and he was a great student. Apparently there's been noise about this move in Bazley's camp for a little bit now.
Lol sorry man, we're discussing A.C. Slater...this thread is a bit hard to keep up with haha

Like it or not, Bazley was the best recruit we have had since Carmelo.

He was a program changer - even for a year.

We are slightly better than a bubble team next year.

And the more people continue to give Boeheim a pass on all this, the worse. He is 100% the head of program.

Still have yet to hear why this happened to us with our only Top 10 recruit in a decade while all these guys are going everywhere else for a year. Everyone else is getting paid and Bazley is the only one that isn’t? Is that it? And Boeheim has nothing to do with it?

Find that hard to believe.

The other guys back will all be better though.

How much better is a big question. Everyone has flaws in their game that will be hard to correct. I don’t expect the offense to look much different. We needed someone like Bazley who could help create tempo.

According to Francis via Twitter there were no issues and he was a great student. Apparently there's been noise about this move in Bazley's camp for a little bit now.

But the SU staff was blindsided. Hmmm.

Classless move by Bazley, obviously his word means nothing. At the same time, I think some of this falls on JB. If he had developed a close relationship with the kid, this may never have happened. I wish he had retired as he promised, and Hop had taken over.

So now you're back to wishing JB would have retired, Mr Consistency.

Play in game vs Washington

Since I've had time to cool down, I almost feel bad for the kid.

Assuming he's as good as advertised & will at least make a few million in NBA in his career, why would he need an extra couple hundred grand of going this route?

What do you think Carmelo values more in his life:

1.) the memories of winning a National Championship/voted MVP in only year in college plus $0 (salary in college) or

2.) any random season of his NBA career plus $XX million (NBA salary)?

Pretty sure he wouldn't trade #1 above for another year in NBA to gain an extra couple million or whatever it is.

It's sad really. You don't get to have these college days back.

How can you watch SU's players in those celebration videos (getting into Tournament/advancing nameplate after each win) & not want a shot at being part of something like that? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing a similar G League team video...

Pass up that to play not in the NBA...but the freaking development league? Yikes. Bad move, brother. Wish you had the wisdom to realize it.

Last edited:
He's gone and I hope he fails miserably. Leaving us with our #### in our hand this late in the game shows his lack of character.

This will be referenced in the future as a cautionary tale. Play for Syracuse for a year, get drafted in 1st rd and get a guaranteed contract. Or, go to the G league, play against grown a$$ men, get exposed, and toil in the G league for years with no 1st rd money.

You made your decision Bazley. Own your failure

Since I've had time to cool down, I almost feel bad for the kid.

Assuming he's as good as advertised & will at least make a few million in NBA in his career, why would he need an extra couple hundred grand of going this route?

What do you think Carmelo values more in his life:

1.) the memories of winning a National Championship/voted MVP in only year in college plus $0 (salary in college) or

2.) any random season of his NBA career plus $XX million (NBA salary)?

Pretty sure he wouldn't trade #1 above for another year in NBA to gain an extra couple million or whatever it is.

It's sad really. You don't get to have these college days back.

How can you watch SU's players in those celebration videos (getting into Tournament/advancing nameplate after each win) & not want a shot at being part of something like that?

Pass up that to play not in the NBA...but the freaking development league? Yikes. Bad move, brother. Wish you had the wisdom to realize it.

The instant cash was more important to him. Oh well. Tells you a lot about his priorities.

So if Bazely can get some significant endorsement $ and play in the G League, why the hell is Zion going to college who is 10x more marketable and higher projected.

There are 4-5 guys in that class who could really get paid big $. Why don’t they?
Maybe Zion's thumb injury will convince him he ought to go G as well. Why risk for free when you can risk for $25K? Too cynical? Sorry, the bitterness hasn't worn off yet.:mad:-VBOF

Just finished reading all 31 pages and still wonder why? Lots and lots of guesses and hopefully someday we will hear a bit more on what happened. Was it grades, Mom, JB, staff, Moyer, agents, money, or......maybe we will never know. Best to put this issue to bed. We can not undo it. Let's move forward and be more positive. Recall how good we all felt about our bracket busting team just last week. Stop casting negative tweets at the player that decided he did not want to come here. Lets hope the NBA takes positive steps and finally steps up and fixes the faulty one and done rule that has spawned this new twist ruining college basketball.

I think many people here underrate the G League and it's ability to develop you. The Toronto Raptors have perhaps the best bench in the league and they are mostly 20+ draft picks that passed through the G-League first. Many teams take better care of their prospects than people think here. It's not a death sentence for a first rounder to have to develop there than in college.

That being said, that is when guys get drafted and a team has a vested interest in you. For now Bazely is affiliated with no team. As an "independent" not sure he will get the development or attention he needs. As I said previously I think the NBA may still keep the one and done, and use the G-League as a feeder for high school prospects, and have development programs and centres fro them. Until then it just doesn't seem great. Bu

I don't wish ill will on teenagers and it bothers me when fans call them names like this thread. I wish him the best, but I suspect this decision will not work out for him.

Its you who actually doesn't have a clue.
I know you have good info, hearing from very, very reliable sources much of the same. A lot more details too but I'll save myself from scrutiny. This is why board insiders are few and far between anymore.

Lol what a dumb attention seeking tweet.
Our fans weren’t tough on him.
Maybe a few knuckleheads were idiots but a clear majority understood Duke was his dream school and that is why he chose them.

Tucker isn’t even in the top 100 of most hated at the SU.
He flatters himself.

So if Bazely can get some significant endorsement $ and play in the G League, why the hell is Zion going to college who is 10x more marketable and higher projected.

There are 4-5 guys in that class who could really get paid big $. Why don’t they?
hehe

haha

hehe haha

Hehehehehehe hahaha

HEHE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whew:

I certainly didn't expect the kid to do this, but I did raise the concern the other day about his mindset. He seemed to me like a kid who was focused on the nba and nothing less. He wanted nothing to do with college if he didn't have to attend. He reminded me of a McCollough type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom