Bazley Decommits | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if SU could sue him for breach of contract? (LOI)

Or maybe for damages (committing to play here & then reneging after most other prospects were committed elsewhere)?
Even if there was an iota of merit to this (there isn’t), this would be a horrendous look to anyone considering signing an LOI with us in the future.

Yea, jb needs to start letting money flow to the players from agents and sneaker companies so they aren’t tempted to get it in another way.

Brilliant.
You think Coach K is going to get caught.

Like Happy from Blue Chips said “ the money is untraceable friends of the program know what they are doing”

This is incredibly sad. But I do gotta say this looks like the beginning of a good trend to me...just awful awful timing for us
It's selfish to insist kids play for free for a year while coaches make $3m+ a year, the "not for profit" NCAA makes $1b+ a year and when the NCAA president flies in a private jet. The kids also have their character trampled because they want to make money.
amen.

No.

Hell no.

We just wish him well and move on.

Man, 99% of time I would say exact same thing.

But this one seems different to me for some reason. I have a feeling the coaches had no idea this was coming...didn't the AD just mention Bazley & next year in an interview?

IDK why this one is killing me so much. Maybe cause how the team ended the year...playing so unselfishly, putting the team's goals ahead of individual goals. Playing so hard for each other. Giving it their all. It was so inspiring.

Then to dream about our lineup for next year. Witness how Bazley seemed to be exactly similar to this team - a guy who cheered other teammates. Who seemed to be proud of his affiliation with Cuse.

To have this happen is so jarring. Unexpected. Shocking. IDK...this one just feels different to me

Why can’t the agent pay him and he comes to Syracuse?
Like all these recruits.
The agent doesn’t pay for the schools
The agent pays so when the kid leaves he hires them.

The agent paying him to go to the G-League does nothing.
The school doesn’t have to pay if it’s an agent.

Come on, you know the answer to that. A player can’t legally take money from an agent and maintain their amateur status. They’d be ineligible everywhere.

Because the unpaid labor want a piece of the $3,000,000,000 pie?
Each player on scholarship receives about $300k in benefits not to include the travel and ability to increase their brand on a personal level.

He never wore orange so screw him. Hope he fails, it wouldn't even be surprising.
We will be fine. The program is never about 1 kid. The timing also shows he was not a team player at all or he would have done it earlier and not leave a team on the hook.
His loss, not ours.

Completely agree. I hope he goes down like the Titanic.

Problem when we got the 'Nova type player recruit they transfer out because they dont play like Moyer. When we go the Duke and UK way they go to the G-League. Not sure what the answers are on the recruiting front.
You think the Nova kids are like Moyer?

SMH and rolling my eyes. The hits just keep on coming. Why doesn’t crap like this happen to programs like Nova or Michigan? We constantly have some ridiculous roster drama going on. What is the point of coaches even bothering to put in the time recruiting players? I give up.

Come on, you know the answer to that. A player can’t legally take money from an agent and maintain their amateur status. They’d be ineligible everywhere.
Quinerly took cash from Arizona allegedly according to the fbi indictment on Richardson.

Let’s see if he is ineligible at Villanova next year.

Bottom line is JB is not adapting to the times. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he has to play nice with anyone. Not with the media, not with the NCAA, and most importantly not with the agent culture. The Clint Eastwood shtick doesn't cut it anymore.

Agents are at the top of the food chain. Coaches are somewhere below them in the pecking order. JB hasn't realized or accepted this reality.

Going to be a long 4 years till Buddy graduates.

Boeheim keeps us relevant for peanuts relative to the other big-name coaches. I read somewhere the other day that Chris Holtmann makes more than 7 million a year. 7 million for Chris Holtmann?!?! Boeheim could spend his press conferences making the reporters smell his farts and SU would be fine with it.

And my first thought was does this affect Oshae. I bet he tests the waters now.
This has no effect on what OB will do. It will be a business decision for him. Just like all of the others. He should test the waters. And he should come back. And I think he will.

It certainly doesn't help us that the perception is "JB is anti 1 and done and bad mouths his players when they leave early."

I have heard this going back to the Ennis decision...which is when it really rubbed some agents the wrong way.

They're trying to get the best deal for a kid and a HOF coach is telling people he's not ready.

Why would it rub agents the wrong way?

I could see how Little League parents would have their egos bruised, and maybe players don't want to hear that. But I'm not making the connection between Boeheim's idle talk and the effect on agents.

Happy got caught at the end.
That was mutually assured destruction in play.

The players could get breadcrumbs and it wouldn’t hurt the system.

SMH and rolling my eyes. The hits just keep on coming. Why doesn’t crap like this happen to programs like Nova or Michigan? We constantly have some ridiculous roster drama going on. What is the point of coaches even bothering to put in the time recruiting players? I give up.

Michigan lost Battle to us. if that helps. probably not, but i'm trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors