BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

Rooting for bc must be so boring
BC was 7-0 and number 2 in the country in 2007 and nobody in Boston cared.
It was Red Sox in WS and Patriots getting all the attention.
BC’s only chance is if they hired a Chip Kelly and he brought that Oregon offense to there.

The market doesn’t care about college football and it’s alumni base really don’t care.

It's boring to know you'll never have a great season season. Fans are willing to roll the dice even if it means you might average fewer wins. Who would have more hope for a fun season next year, us or bc with addazio?

BC would make a bowl again. We’d go 5-7 again.

If I were in charge at BC I go the following candidates.
1. Joe Moorhead-Mississippi State Get him back in the Northeast and out a dead man job at Mississippi State.
2. Luke Fickell- Cincinnati. The guy can coach.
3. Chip Kelly- UCLA. The guy has sucked at UCLA and get another P5 job before he gets fired next year and he is from New Hampshire.

BC will go the Syracuse NFL DC way though and likely hire Jeff Hafley.

they need someone who can keep those prep contacts in New England. Tons of talent in the ISL now. Need to dominate that. Too many are heading to Michigan and out of state. I’d go very unconventional if I was BC who knows Massachusetts and prep school (Belichicks son went to Rivers just saying)

They are hiring a new hoops coach soon too.

BC’s only chance is if they hired a Chip Kelly and he brought that Oregon offense to there.

The market doesn’t care about college football and it’s alumni base really don’t care.

It’s alums do care. That’s why he was fired. But it’ll take 2-3 years to get back to where they are now.

It's boring to know you'll never have a great season season. Fans are willing to roll the dice even if it means you might average fewer wins. Who would have more hope for a fun season next year, us or bc with addazio?

Exactly. The guy has been there seven years and he is decidedly an average coach, as evidenced by their .500 record. Maybe their next hire will suck, or maybe they find the next Coughlin or Bicknell. Worth a shot.

they also had the entire regions attention in 1984 and post ND 93. 2007 was tough to be great w the pro teams dominating. It can be done but u are competing w other attractions. USC did it when there was no nfl teams in town.

I was a season ticket holder in 07. It was buzzing for that FSU game when they were ranked 2. It’s a market that can be successful. Coughlin had it at the cusp in 93. Had he stayed 2 more years they would have dented our nice run in the mid/late 90s

Is alums do care. That’s why he was fired.
My buddy is one of the few who cares.
He wanted Addazio gone 2 years ago.
They seem to think Hafley will recruit NJ for them and want a coach the powerhouse NJ Catholic HS teams will like so they can recruit NJ.

BC doesn’t have many alums that care.

they need someone who can keep those prep contacts in New England. Tons of talent in the ISL now. Need to dominate that. Too many are heading to Michigan and out of state. I’d go very unconventional if I was BC who knows Massachusetts and prep school (Belichicks son went to Rivers just saying)

They are hiring a new hoops coach soon too.
They should have hired Bruce Pearl after they fired Donahue. He is an alum and would have done well there.

They could win 7 this year and possibly 9 next year, returning a bunch and a good class

Getting rid of him now makes no sense.

They have to have someone committed.

It’s alums do care. That’s why he was fired. But it’ll take 2-3 years to get back to where they are now.

My buddy is one of the few who cares.
He wanted Addazio gone 2 years ago.
They seem to think Hafley will recruit NJ for them and want a coach the powerhouse NJ Catholic HS teams will like so they can recruit NJ.

BC doesn’t have many alums that care.
U aren’t wrong. School has become more national too w their student body and people leave post graduation. People don’t grow up bc fans anymore if they didn’t go or their family didn’t. Syracuse excels in having townie fans

At least 2 ACC teams in our division installing new coaching staffs. I think Clawson gets hired somewhere, too.

Didn’t work out vs Louisville this year but typically I like playing teams in year one and two of a coaching change
I've also been thinking, that if offered at better HC job, Clawson will quickly leave Wake Forest.

I’ll take the bowl games. They rarely happen at SU.
BC gets more talent in recruiting.
That is literally the difference between us and them.
They get playmakers at the RB position and for years BC has had good OLs.
The talent that BC gets isn’t elite but if Syracuse got it we would do better than they do.

Why would you leave Michigan as DC to be the DC for BC?

To avoid Harbaugh’s broom?

Can’t imagine Michigan is gonna be cool with him returning the same staff that can’t beat OSU.

If they do, does anyone think Harbaugh is gonna last after another OSU pasting in 2020?

Brown goes back to a gig he gets a minimum of 2-3 years, recruiting an area that he’s had success in the twilight of his career.