BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

he was exactly like P minus the 3 BCS esque bowls, Gator Bowl, tons of all pros, a few HOFers, massive victories against primo programs, innovative offenses, and respect from college coaching ranks for doing it the right way

exactly like that era

Sorry Late P era geez I'll edit.

Tell me again about that great 4-8 2002 season we beat va tech. I mean a guy who is static at that level. They want more than 6-6

I went to the Joe Fields vs Drew Brees contest so I say what want. I think we all want to be back to that 95-98 level but the 0-43,49,62 and losses to Minny and East Carolina were there too.

The Dazzler lost to Kansas.

These are tough times for head football coaches in the East.

If Franklin leaves Ped State, we have the following coaches out there...

Ken Niumatalolo Navy 13 aeasons
Jeff Monken Army 6 seasons
Patty Narduzzi Pitt 5 seasons
Dino Babers Syracuse 4 seasons
Neal Brown WVU 1 season
Rod Carey Temple 1 season
Mike Locksley Maryland 1 season
Schiano Rutgers 0 seasons
TBD Penn State 0 seasons
TBD BC 0 seasons

Coach P was the best coach we've had in our history, unless you really want to put a metric ton of value on the National Championship and the Mac tie with Auburn (which I guess is a decent argument). He missed on Vick, stayed too long, and was a victim of an AD who didn't invest in the program. That's it.

Marrone didn't stay long enough, didn't recruit a good QB, and was the victim of an AD who didn't invest in the program. He might have done more.

Babers might have left had this year gone better or USC opened up last year. He's got 1 promising QB and an AD who is forward thinking. He's got a chance.

Coach P was the best coach we've had in our history, unless you really want to put a metric ton of value on the National Championship and the Mac tie with Auburn (which I guess is a decent argument). He missed on Vick, stayed too long, and was a victim of an AD who didn't invest in the program. That's it.

Marrone didn't stay long enough, didn't recruit a good QB, and was the victim of an AD who didn't invest in the program. He might have done more.

Babers might have left had this year gone better or USC opened up last year. He's got 1 promising QB and an AD who is forward thinking. He's got a chance.

Sorry, but I refuse to believe Babers would have been gone if USC opened up. That's just wild board speculation.

Sorry Late P era geez I'll edit.

Tell me again about that great 4-8 2002 season we beat va tech. I mean a guy who is static at that level. They want more than 6-6

I went to the Joe Fields vs Drew Brees contest so I say what want. I think we all want to be back to that 95-98 level but the 0-43,49,62 and losses to Minny and East Carolina were there too.

The Dazzler lost to Kansas.
That game was played in 2004, 3 years after Brees graduated. But you were there...

Sorry, but I refuse to believe Babers would have been gone if USC opened up. That's just wild board speculation.

It's what I heard from a friend with at least a few random sources in the CFB world - he said "I'd worry if USC opens up. LA would be very kind to a guy with Dino's personality."

Nothin more than that, but it makes sense

These are tough times for head football coaches in the East.

If Franklin leaves Ped State, we have the following coaches out there...

Ken Niumatalolo Navy 13 aeasons
Jeff Monken Army 6 seasons
Patty Narduzzi Pitt 5 seasons
Dino Babers Syracuse 4 seasons
Neal Brown WVU 1 season
Rod Carey Temple 1 season
Mike Locksley Maryland 1 season
Schiano Rutgers 0 seasons
TBD Penn State 0 seasons
TBD BC 0 seasons
He goes by Michael Locksley now.

LA tv says Helton will be done after their meeting this week for what thats worth. they will not hire a coach with 4-4-10-5 and get the boosters to buy into that.

Jeez, as a Cuse fan I would be absolutely giddy with bowl games in 6 out of 7 years. Maybe we've been beaten down for so long that my expectations are low. I'd accept what Dazzler did at BC as acceptable and not worthy of getting canned.

“Come be SU’s DC and we’ll allow you a celebratory cigar, as your kind cherishes, upon slapping BC on the road next year”

“Come be SU’s DC and we’ll allow you a celebratory cigar, as your kind cherishes, upon slapping BC on the road next year”
He is an OL coach. I would hire if I were Babers with the understand if Babers bolted he would be considered as his replacement.
I am not a fan of Addaizo as HC but sometimes you gotta make deals to fix things in the moment and unlike Shafer the Dazzler would have HC experience at 2 schools.
I still believe if Marrone didn’t announce his decision to go to Buffalo so late and Addaizo didn’t take the BC job a couple weeks before he would have been a strong candidate for the Syracuse job.

He is an OL coach. I would hire if I were Babers with the understand if Babers bolted he would be considered as his replacement.
I am not a fan of Addaizo as HC but sometimes you gotta make deals to fix things in the moment and unlike Shafer the Dazzler would have HC experience at 2 schools.
I still believe if Marrone didn’t announce his decision to go to Buffalo so late and Addaizo didn’t take the BC job a couple weeks before he would have been a strong candidate for the Syracuse job.
Idk if he’d agree to be a positional coach, would he?

I also think he might bring in 2-3 kids from the NE that we could use.

Marrone went from HC of the Bills to OL coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars and he got another HC job.

Absolutely. Amazingly Ed Orgeron was the guy who really wanted the job.

From my post in the Coaching Carousel thread:

The worst landing spot I see for The Dazzler™ is a coordinator/AHC spot. There's no way he comes here (or anywhere) as a position coach.

Like him or not, he has been a HC at a P5 school 7 years (plus two more at Temple). He's most likely comfortable financially. He's not going anywhere (unless possibly the NFL) as a position coach.

Jeez, as a Cuse fan I would be absolutely giddy with bowl games in 6 out of 7 years. Maybe we've been beaten down for so long that my expectations are low. I'd accept what Dazzler did at BC as acceptable and not worthy of getting canned.

Most schools not in the elite tier would take that.

he isnt jumping to a P5 HC job, maybe he wants to be a AC/DC or maybe he wants to stay in the NE close to where he lives now for awhile

From my post in the Coaching Carousel thread:

The worst landing spot I see for The Dazzler™ is a coordinator/AHC spot. There's no way he comes here (or anywhere) as a position coach.

Like him or not, he has been a HC at a P5 school 7 years (plus two more at Temple). He's most likely comfortable financially. He's not going anywhere (unless possibly the NFL) as a position coach.
Being a coordinator means nothing.
He is an OL coach. Just pay him a decent salary and I don’t think position coach vs coordinator means anything as long as he has the assistant head coach title.