BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

Don Brown is a 64 year old guy from Massachusetts. And used to be the DC at BC.
Maybe he wants to get back to where he started.
And maybe Harbaugh is a loser.

Don is a good coach. He's connected in Massachusetts. I would think this isn't a good thing for Syracuse if he's back in the ACC recruiting against us. Like i said, Michigan is doing well in the prep circuit around Mass. Dillon may stay w him coming aboard. Dillon was going to Mich until he blew his knee out.

Zach Zinter may flip if they bring Don aboard. He's a stud O-Linemen who is playing in the prep leagues in Mass.

Did they give up their membership in the P5? A position coach? For their HEAD COACH???

Maybe the Don Bosco HC would be interested. :rolleyes:

A few things:

Seems BC thinks a black coach is the right move.

Everyone is enamored with taking assistants from the elite programs, particularly Ohio State. Bama is also popular.

Don is a good coach. He's connected in Massachusetts. I would think this isn't a good thing for Syracuse if he's back in the ACC recruiting against us. Like i said, Michigan is doing well in the prep circuit around Mass. Dillon may stay w him coming aboard. Dillon was going to Mich until he blew his knee out.

Zach Zinter may flip if they bring Don aboard. He's a stud O-Linemen who is playing in the prep leagues in Mass.
Dillon is gone. He isn’t staying.

Dillon is gone. No reason to stay.

Don Brown is a good Xs and Os coach.
He isn’t a recruiter.
He would get the most out of what BC has but he is better at a factory which has good talent.

One bowl win. Same as babers. What are their good regular season wins?
I seem to recall they upset USC a bunch of years ago (Addazio's 1st year? 2nd?). Other than that, probably none.

I seem to recall they upset USC a bunch of years ago (Addazio's 1st year? 2nd?). Other than that, probably none.

Only ranked team he's beaten at BC. Jags is the guy that has been haunting BC. They shouldn't have fired him and they shouldn't be measuring the program by what he accomplished.

BC will go the Syracuse NFL DC way though and likely hire Jeff Hafley.

The Dazzler is/was their P. They are smarter than Jake C eho waited until that laughable punt attempt GT blocked to make the decicion. Which made me remember Diamond Ferri that averted that earlier firing...

Quoting because someone already mentioned Boston College's GERGlike future.

I don’t mind firing him to try to improve the program. There’s a lot of options and young ambitious coaches in the lower ranks. If Temple can hire a pretty good coach 90% of the time when they lose theirs every 8 months, BC can find a better coach then Dazzle duff.

Keep in mind, they’ll screw this up most likely and then it’ll look like a dumb choice. But I like the idea because getting better can be accomplished.

7 years...forever these days in college football. There are probably less than 8 guys who have been at the same school for longer across college football. these contract extensions are kind of a racket no one seems to complete them on either side and if a school does not extend it is used against you in recruiting. What a brutal business. I guess it is kind of similar in corporate America...what is the typical tenure now 4.5 years.

Michigan is 6th in the country in defensive YPP this year. They don't want him gone.

The Dazzler is/was their P. They are smarter than Jake C eho waited until that laughable punt attempt GT blocked to make the decicion. Which made me remember Diamond Ferri that averted that earlier firing...

he was exactly like P minus the 3 BCS esque bowls, Gator Bowl, tons of all pros, a few HOFers, massive victories against primo programs, innovative offenses, and respect from college coaching ranks for doing it the right way

exactly like that era

There also is the 56 points Ohio State scored on Brown’s defense on Saturday. Maybe Michigan wouldn’t mind if Don left?

Yeah, that was a bit of what I was implying in why someone (i.e. Don Brown) would trade being Michigan’s DC for BC.
I imagine both Harbaugh and his boss would gladly take Brown leaving for BC.

It’d be easier to sell that change to frustrated boosters than the same ol’ same ol’.

Donnie Webb, late of the P-S, posted that he had been told Jake wanted to pull the plug after the wind-blown abomination at Rutgers in 2003, but was vetoed by Buzz Shaw. Webb did not put this tidbit in the newspaper because he could not find a second source to confirm. So take it for what it's worth.