BC Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

Battle, Gillon and Howard do not anticipate each other's moves on defense. They play too close to each other and never communicate. I'm starting to notice that Lydon is horrible on the wing. He can't close out and doesn't anticipate. Every game he has rebounds taken right out of his hands. Coleman goes from starting to not playing at all. The same thing happened to Roberson. JB has no clue how to use a bench or build confidence in his players. Thompson was gassed as the end of the half. They will get back in this game on the defensive end, not by out scoring BC.

FH, JG, and TB are useless. We get nothing rom them

Roberson playing with energy, but he has the lead all time on misses from 2 feet

We're running lots of sets that don't even have a pick! There was one set under the 4 min mark where we had 5 guys just standing. Thank God frank had the good sense to dribble it off his leg.
It's a joke- Offense is an abomination. The fact that JB literally has not changed a single thing with this team is laugh out loud funny. Totally delusional if you do not think this is on Boeheim

I've never been an "anti zone" guy but this is just hari kari out there. Do something different!
I haven't either because JB's zone is elite with proper personnel. This team doesn't have the personnel so you have to change but our coach won't.

I'd put Lydon back at C. Get TT to the 4. Roberson on the other side. White and Battle/Gillon up top. Benching TR and messing with the lineup was a bad idea. Lydons our best 5.

Did someone recently say we were running 2-a-days? What were we doing twice a day because it certainly couldn't have been practicing.

I'd put Lydon back at C. Get TT to the 4. Roberson on the other side. White and Battle/Gillon up top. Benching TR and messing with the lineup was a bad idea. Lydons our best 5.
As bad the Guards are up top, AW3 is even worse up there

Total change in program culture is needed and there has to be a dozen excellent coaches who would kill to lead the Cuse.

Someone had the perfect analogy for this team on the board the other day. This team is a playground bully. They can pry on the weaklings with no problem - but the second a guy close to our size comes up to challenge us, we cower, get punched in the mouth, then instantly fold

TT can't play the forward on d

Very confused...head coach says we may play man this year and we haven't done it since the first scrimmage...yet this team is awful playing zone.

It's a joke- Offense is an abomination. The fact that JB literally has not changed a single thing with this team is laugh out loud funny. Totally delusional if you do not think this is on Boeheim
This sums it up.

I have no idea if we run a set offense beyond the first pick that never leads to anything
From what I see. On the rare occasion that a big sets a strong pick, the guards are so slow and fail to get it to the roller or they go away from the screen. Usually while everyon else stands around. We're not even seeing that high weave that Cooney/G/Mali would try to exhaustion.

We got within 10 - keep it up, Orange!!

longislandcuse said:
Did someone recently say we were running 2-a-days? What were we doing twice a day because it certainly couldn't have been practicing.

This team is broken mentally. No confidence at all in what they are doing. Practice isn't fixing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom