BC Game Thread... | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

BC Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause he didn’t spread the ball around today at all

Spreading the ball and situational awareness of progressions are very different. It has not been just today. Throwing it away on 4th Down all year. Not trying for first downs and not throwing it away and taking sacks. Audible protections and plays or audible g out of bad looks. He had none of that.

ive never seen a QB intentionally dive short or run out of bounds on 4th down. He’s done both in one game.

It's still the coaches' fault for having no realistic option behind him.

Will we always be in the bottom of ACC in most years? Why can't we recruit better players? I think BC is always in the bottom of ACC. And now it seems that we are worse than BC.

I hope we are searching hard for transfers. Devito is not the answer. His situational awareness and ability to go through receiver progressions is just absent
A regular transfer still has to sit a year.

It's still the coaches' fault for having no realistic option behind him.

I do definitely agree with this. Devito can not fail because there is nobody else

To be fair to TD, what difference does a first down mean when you are behind 31 points in the fourth quarter?

Ohana needs a divorce

We will give him plenty of time, as we should. But changes need to be made to the roster and the coaching staff. It's just not good enough. No time to sit on your laurels. Usually Dino is long gone by the time he gets to this stage of program development. It will be a challenge but I think he can do it. You don't turn around three programs by accident. He's had a bunch of huge wins in the four seasons he's been here. He can do it but we need a major overhaul.

Yes...they caused Amie to flunk out.

And you know that how? Not even normal students flunk out after two terms unless he just didn't go to class at all. If that's the case, the coaches are at fault. We whiffed on our top QB recruits two straight cycles. There are consequences for those misses. Things need fixing in recruiting and development and there's no blaming Amie for that.

To be fair to TD, what difference does a first down mean when you are behind 31 points in the fourth quarter?
Do you think those decisions have beem limited to the 4th quarter of today's game? You haven't picked up on the season long pattern?

And you know that how? Not even normal students flunk out after two terms unless he just didn't go to class at all. If that's the case, the coaches are at fault. We whiffed on our top QB recruits two straight cycles. There are consequences for those misses. Things need fixing in recruiting and development and there's no blaming Amie for that.
I know. He flunked out.

We will give him plenty of time, as we should. But changes need to be made to the roster and the coaching staff. It's just not good enough. No time to sit on your laurels. Usually Dino is long gone by the time he gets to this stage of program development. It will be a challenge but I think he can do it. You don't turn around three programs by accident. He's had a bunch of huge wins in the four seasons he's been here. He can do it but we need a major overhaul.
At BG he followed Clawson so they were in pretty good shape. Eastern Illinois had a QB he inherited that is now an NFL starter.

I'm not so sure hes done all that much rebuilding.

At BG he followed Clawson so they were in pretty good shape. Eastern Illinois had a QB he inherited that is now an NFL starter.

I'm not so sure hes done all that much rebuilding.

QB recruiting and development would look to be a problem, no doubt. He's relied on someone else's QB at every stop. But he's clearly not an incompetent. He took that QB and put together a winning offense and team around him. One quick and easy fix would be to splurge on a QB guru who could attract major talent. Father-in-law is struggling and perhaps out of his depth. Not every successful TX HS coach is Art Briles.

I know. He flunked out.

Yet he graduated from high school early. I don't know what that tells us. Either that the TX high school system is a joke or that he got better academic support there than in Syracuse.

Yet he graduated from high school early. I don't know what that tells us. That the TX high school system is a joke or that he got better academic support there.
Or kids go off to college, far from home, and don't have the necessary skills and discipline to do well academically.

Or kids go off to college, far from home, and don't have the necessary skills and discipline to do well academically.

We have an enormous academic support staff at SU like every major D-1 school. You can't pin all the blame on the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom