BC Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC Postgame Thoughts

Just bad Judah and Red couldn't stop a 21 point run and some of his turnovers during it were awful. Missed a ton of free throws. Took us how long to go to the Benny-Brown-Cope-JJ-Mintz lineup which got us back in it.

They hit some tough shots when it mattered and totally deserved to win. Hope we don't lose to Wake because it will be officially win the ACCT or stay home.

We cratered on the offensive end. Our bad version of our offensive selves is among the worst Syracuse has fielded.
We scored 45 points in the second half. BC shot 60%, 50% from 3

How many free throws did we miss tonight????
Somewhat irrelevant.
We missed 7.
BC missed 7.
They made 3 more.
We lost by 5.
They hit 2 more 3s.
We have no offense really.
Time to go w 5.5 players.

I wonder what the Cuse all-time record is for scoreless runs, that 0-21 run has got to be up there. Vs. a crappy BC team no less.

Just bad Judah and Red couldn't stop a 21 point run and some of his turnovers during it were awful. Missed a ton of free throws. Took us how long to go to the Benny-Brown-Cope-JJ-Mintz lineup which got us back in it.

They hit some tough shots when it mattered and totally deserved to win. Hope we don't lose to Wake because it will be officially win the ACCT or stay home.
Wake is 11-0 at home. Doubtful victory for us but we can only hope.

A don’t think Red handled the bench well tonight in the 2nd half. Brown hit a wall for a bit as did Mintz and putting Taylor back in when Benny was playing fine I thought was unnecessary.

Also thought it was curious to keep Bell on the bench the last 10-12 minutes when we needed a three point shooter. Even if just for a hot minute. We desperately needed a three and had our best shooter on the bench the whole time,

This team needs as many games as possible together, so the NIT would be good if we get 1 or 2 home games. Then make sure to start Judah JJ, Copeland, Brown, and Benny. 4 of those could be our starters for next year with Freeman as the 5th.
That would be a good start to next year, and if others want to transfer go ahead.
Judah will be gone one way or another.

What I wrote in the game thread:

Our team is incomplete and the few players that have been, within reason, consistently relied upon this season are hitting a wall. Happened in the fsu game. Happened this game. Going to keep happening.

We don’t have enough dudes. And we are running the guys that have been here from day one into the ground.

Here’s what I’ll add: Red still needs to grow as a head coach. Totally fine. But where he is with who we have is just not going to get it done this year.

Rotation has to be complete next year. Red has to keep getting better.
subbing patterns make little sense

cant run the guys down in the 2nd half and expect the last 8 minutes to go well

these guys consistently run out of gas in the end of hardfought games

they run out of steam

i realize that the team needs more guys...but still...

this pattern wont work.

A don’t think Red handled the bench well tonight in the 2nd half. Brown hit a wall for a bit as did Mintz and putting Taylor back in when Benny was playing fine I thought was unnecessary.

Also thought it was curious to keep Bell on the bench the last 10-12 minutes when we needed a three point shooter. Even if just for a hot minute. We desperately needed a three and had our best shooter on the bench the whole time,
Chris Bell was doing absolutely nothing on the court and Quadir was playing decently. Benny kept getting scored on so JT went in, but then nothing really changed so Benny went back in.

Sat 5 feet away from the action… Peter Carey was gassed after only playing like 3 minutes lol. But also devastating to watch BC go on a 20-0 run, all missed FTs, all the bad turnovers from so close.

There was one point where Harris was playing defense with one shoe on and no one would pass the ball to the guy he was defending.
Yo look rippin' down the rim with nasty dunks not once, but TWICE, like Big Peter Carey did would make anyone gas out.

Wake is 11-0 at home. Doubtful victory for us but we can only hope.
I just get the feeling it'll be another game like UNC where we're down 20 in the first half and the game is over by the half. It's got all the markings of that.

Somewhat irrelevant.
We missed 7.
BC missed 7.
They made 3 more.
We lost by 5.
They hit 2 more 3s.
We have no offense really.
Time to go w 5.5 players.
shortening the rotation wont help

these guys are gassed at the end of every loss and its why there have been so many late game collapses

but, yeah, there are also a lot of players who shuldnt play, either

I was at the game. 65-70% orange fans. Embarrassing to lose a road game in that environment, especially by allowing a 21-0 run. ANOTHER poor end to the half.

For as great as Maliqs play was to get us back in it (I should never be typing that vs BC), his FT shooting and missed 3 that would’ve taken the lead in 2H absolutely killed momentum.

This team needs 3 point shooters bad. Bell’s airball off the bat was a terrible sign as he hung his head and barely made an impact rest of game. JJ missed way too many open looks. BC knew we weren’t a good shooting team and played a pack line defense that rattled Judah, credit to them for that.

Looked like playing in a court that’s in a hockey arena maybe caused condensation on the court, guys were slipping all night which really bothered Judah.

Qadir in my opinion had the best game but questionable coaching by Red with some second half rotations. It’s clear Taylor is a 0 at this point offensively.

Missed bunnies during the 21-0 run and the FTs added up in this one. Lots of missed bunnies in early second half

Refs were garbage, don’t tell me sports aren’t rigged and it’s a coincidence we lost by 5.

Another year of needing a magical ACC tourney run and a prayer to make the tourney. This program has fallen so far in 10 years. I don’t want to hear this team is young, I don’t want to hear how we will be a tourney team next year. I’m not out on Red, but the immaturity of this team and the multiple collapses at end of half and games is a huge red (pun not intended) flag. Should’ve conducted a national search imo. Rant over

Chris Bell was doing absolutely nothing on the court and Quadir was playing decently. Benny kept getting scored on so JT went in, but then nothing really changed so Benny went back in.

Well like I said, even if it was for a hot minute, they could’ve used a three pt shooter between 12-7 minutes. The best shooter is Bell. Regardless of how he’d played to that point.

Well now we have a bad loss. We can safely say this is not going to be an NCAA tourney team.
Really disappointing defensive effort tonight in what was basically a must win to keep tourney hopes alive. Yeah sure we could pull a massive upset of UNC or beat Clemson twice but let's be realistic. It's really hard to win a game when you have 21 turnovers yet BC did it because we were so bad in so many aspects of this game, especially on the boards and FT shooting.
Looks like it's now NIT or bust.

Red’s worst game. When he came in in the first half, Copeland was THE BEST
PLAYER ON THE COURT. For no apparent reason, Red took Copeland out six minutes later, I guess because Cuffe wanted to play. That was bad enough, but when Mintz picked up his second foul at 4:43, Red sat him and instead of putting Copeland in, went with a lineup of Starling, Cuffe, Bell, Williams, and Hima. I knew right there we weren’t going to score with that lineup, and we literally didn’t.

Our offense can’t do anything with our three most creative players (Mintz, Brown, and Copeland) on the bench.

A game we could have won but in way deserved to win.. BC shot 60% from the field and 50% from 3. The Cuse 7-14 from the FT line. When a team shoots 47% from the field and gets 21 turnovers they should win. Bad loss.
You give up 60% from the field , 50% from 3, and shoot 50% from the line but “in a way deserved to win?” Define deserved .

Sat 5 feet away from the action… Peter Carey was gassed after only playing like 3 minutes lol. But also devastating to watch BC go on a 20-0 run, all missed FTs, all the bad turnovers from so close.

There was one point where Harris was playing defense with one shoe on and no one would pass the ball to the guy he was defending.
There was very bad awareness all around. Board hero brown passed the ball several times when he had uncontested dunk options. He also passed to air a few times.

"Something in the air in Boston."

tell me j.j .

OIP.f7EKuH-2nvyZUaxNivRhMwAAAA.jpeg

do you still hear the lobsters screaming ?

Red’s worst game. When he came in in the first half, Copeland was THE BEST
PLAYER ON THE COURT. For no apparent reason, Red took Copeland out six minutes later, I guess because Cuffe wanted to play. That was bad enough, but when Mintz picked up his second foul at 4:43, Red sat him and instead of putting Copeland in, went with a lineup of Starling, Cuffe, Bell, Williams, and Hima. I knew right there we weren’t going to score with that lineup, and we literally didn’t.

Our offense can’t do anything with our three most creative players (Mintz, Brown, and Copeland) on the bench.
Not sure why cuffe doesn’t randomly play some games, he could’ve had a role today. Bell and Copeland should’ve played more, Taylor and JJ less

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom