Be Careful What You Wish For | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Be Careful What You Wish For

Charlotte's last game was against Davidson, they lost by 20. Braswell only played 12 minutes. I haven't watched Charlotte play at all and have no idea what is going on there, or why he isn't starting on a horrible mid-major, but last year's Braswell easily plays double that amount for this Syracuse team. We really need his defense, and of all the guys who left Braswell would play the most and be the biggest (only?) difference maker on this year's team.
The ESPN box score shows Braswell fouled out of the Davidson game.

I think Jimmy definitely comes, because he couldn't play anymore at Cornell. I think Swider still comes because we needed another forward who could shoot (supposedly...)
Doubt he would have transferred here to sit the bench in his last year.

Woody is impossible to know. Kid is just to raw. Will be impossible to know whether he made the right or wrong decision. If he turns into an NBa player, people will say what he did was right but that doesnt mean he wouldnt have made the league had he stayed.

Guerrier, I think made a bad decision. He was on pace to get a decent look from the league. He was impatient. I think he hurt his financial future by transferring.

Kadary is too early to say. It is probably a wash but I think he wouldve made the league here. Kadary is excellent player. He will settle down at SH and be very productive for them. I think he had a slightly better shot at making the league had he stayed.

Did Bras have a more personal reason to transfer out aside from basketball career logistics? Hard to judge when we don't know the specifics.

Elijah was my extra hot take...I still wonder if an extra year would have helped him.
Elijah had worked extremely hard on his game while here, was extremely coachable and did everything he could to get better. He improved in every facet - creating his own shot, 2 point % drives, 3 point shooting %, rebounding, foul shooting %, assists, ball handling. He became our iso player, the player with the ball in his hands despite being defenses focus. The team might have disappointed but Elijah didn’t. JB only had praise for him after he declared for the NBA even saying he was underrated, never uttered a discouraging word on his going pro unlike other entrants. He was ready and accomplished all he could here as a player (he led the ACC in scoring, 1st team All ACC).

Charlotte's last game was against Davidson, they lost by 20. Braswell only played 12 minutes. I haven't watched Charlotte play at all and have no idea what is going on there, or why he isn't starting on a horrible mid-major, but last year's Braswell easily plays double that amount for this Syracuse team. We really need his defense, and of all the guys who left Braswell would play the most and be the biggest (only?) difference maker on this year's team.
He would have been a perfect sixth man with Benny struggling so much.

Seemed to have a knack for just being I the right spot at the right time. Maybe it's the zone vs m2m advantage there for Bobby specifically because he is a prototypical SU forward IMO. Kid just seemed like the type to have a good upperclassmen career arc here.

id love to know the details behind Braswells decision as well...this might not be popular but I wouldn’t be stunned if he knew Jimmy was coming in and felt it was not in his best interest to possibly have to complete with him for PT.

I think Jimmy definitely comes, because he couldn't play anymore at Cornell. I think Swider still comes because we needed another forward who could shoot (supposedly...)

Oh, he can shoot. He needs to be more confident and assertive. But "assertive" doesn't mean being a black hole and not moving the ball to the open man.

He's got sensational form. He just needs some belief. He needs a couple / three good games, back-to-back. That will get him going. He's too good not to give us more than he has so far.

The thing that should give him more confidence is that Benny is playing very poorly compared to expectations, and so Swider is going to get close to 30 minutes a game until Benny steps it up. Swider has a very long leash right now. He will get the playing time to get himself going.

Those terrible Guerrier numbers to date are particularly quite eye-opening. What an idiotic decision to transfer (a bit ironic he wanted to improve his pro stock).

Helped him how???

He’s getting paid.

He gets to practice and play full time, no limitations -
And not have to pretend to be a college student for 12 hours/week.

Hughes was / is an adult. Assuming he got his degree it was time for him. Still don't think that away about a couple of the others but different world..

Hey man -- were have you been?
Hey R -- i still read the board but just don't post as much. Most of the recent developments with both teams have been negative and I don't like to complain or bash the current players/coaches. You tend to see me post more when times are good. Hope to see some familiar faces on Tuesday night -- is your Dad coming down?

Last edited:
Hey R -- i still read the board but just don't post as much. Most of the recent developments with both teams have been negative and I don't like to complain or bash the current players/coaches. You tend see me post more when times are good. Hope to see some familiar faces on Tuesday night -- is your Dad coming down?

I totally get it -- it's been a down couple of years for both teams.

Not sure if he's heading down. He's within striking distance, so it's always a possibility. I think [kind of to your point] that while normally he'd be there to watch them play V, the prospect of losing ugly makes it seem not as compelling.

Hope that all is well, my man!

Kids and parents want to rush things. I see HS kids make “commitment” announcements way to early to even D3 schools just because everyone else is doing it. In college MBB they all think they are going pro and are ready for it. In these cases, they blame coaches for lack of PT instead of understanding they need more development.

Hey R -- i still read the board but just don't post as much. Most of the recent developments with both teams have been negative and I don't like to complain or bash the current players/coaches. You tend see me post more when times are good. Hope to see some familiar faces on Tuesday night -- is your Dad coming down?
Looking forward to the game Tuesday. I'll contact you this weekend. I'd love to meet up before the game.

My H0T Takes ,,,

Braswell: Leaning Good Decision. He moved down a tier for easier competition. Currently a 6th man who likely gets to play to his strengths. Closer to home. As a 2 star recruit he is playing above his rating. He might even have a chance to earn some money overseas …
It looks like Braswell finally moved into Charlotte’s starting lineup. He got 8 points and stayed out of foul trouble, but went 0-3 from three.

Those terrible Guerrier numbers to date are particularly quite eye-opening. What an idiotic decision to transfer (a bit ironic he wanted to improve his pro stock).
Can you really blame him?

If your a guy that is going to be around 50-100 on draft boards when less than 50 college players get drafted you'll probably be willing to do anything to improve your stock.

or maybe they wanted to play more? Like playing for Syracuse is not the end all be all...Braswell closer to home...Maybe Quincy wanted to try something different, and he was heavily recruited by Oregon out of prep...These guys are 18-23 years old...You're acting like they will fail at life because they didn't get a degree from Syracuse University...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom