Be Honest Now (SUNJ vs Houston) | Syracusefan.com

Be Honest Now (SUNJ vs Houston)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I saw lots of folks happy Rutgirls lost...I was momentarily happy too (for about 5 mins) until I saw what Houston brings to the fight. We would have had a much easier time beating the girls than the Cougars. We'd be the favorite vs Ruttie.

Houston played their horrible game last weekend and won...we are the underdog tonight for a reason. We need an A game to have a chance.

Houston is the better team.
Rutgers was the worse matchup.
The tournament is about matchups.
Houston is the favorite and deserves to be the favorite they had a tremendous season.

Rutgers has a coach who knows the zone from working with Calhoun and UConn. Our biggest advantage in these tournament runs(except UVA) has been teams unfamiliarity with the zone.
Houston hasn’t seen our zone.
Rutgers has.
Harper Jr. and Geo Baker would have been awful matchups for us.

Rutgers was the worse matchup.
If we lose tonight it doesn’t change the fact Rutgers familiarity made them a worse matchup.

Rutgers plays in a tougher conference and has seen the zone this year. They also have size inside and shooting on the perimeter. they had UH beat but had a panic attack. Syracuse will be far and away the best team that Houston has faced this year.

I saw lots of folks happy Rutgirls lost...I was momentarily happy too (for about 5 mins) until I saw what Houston brings to the fight. We would have had a much easier time beating the girls than the Cougars. We'd be the favorite vs Ruttie.

Houston played their horrible game last weekend and won...we are the underdog tonight for a reason. We need an A game to have a chance.

Yes, and no.

While we were without Buddy for that first game, they didn’t have Geo -
so that’s a push.

In Houston’s games in March, they struggled with and barely beat Memphis 2x and SUNJ.
All 3 games were 1 possession wins.

Houston’s best all around player is dinged up now.

I’d much rather face a coach & team with zero recent experience vs our zone.
And we are.

Im happy to avoid Rutgers bigs.

Houston’s full of overachieving undersized rebounders. We aren’t an AAC team though. Think Q can have a big game.

Rutgers seemed to play a lot more physical than Houston. Rutgers shoved and hand checked and we don't seem to hold up against teams like that.

I'll take Houston.

Im happy to avoid Rutgers bigs.

Houston’s full of overachieving undersized rebounders. We aren’t an AAC team though. Think Q can have a big game.

THIS.

Q & Marek struggle against burly bruisers.
Ditto Jesse.
Houston has none of those.

This could be a game where Q puts up a double-double, and Marek does his Slovakian Army Knife thing and cuts them to ribbons while stuffing the stat sheet.

THIS.

Q & Marek struggle against burly bruisers.
Ditto Jesse.
Houston has none of those.

This could be a game where Q puts up a double-double, and Marek does his Slovakian Army Knife thing and cuts them to ribbons while stuffing the stat sheet.
God I love that Slovakian Army Knife thing

In addition, the Orange play exceedingly well in the role of an underdog, a 6 1/2 point underdog!

Meh.

Houston is somewhat like SDSU in not having played that tough a schedue. AAC was a little down. Rutty is battle tested. I also think if we lost to Rutgers our Sweet 16 appearance would come with an asterix.

I am not expecting the zone to make Houston look incompetent. We need to make shots and not get outrebounded. We'll need the defense of Kadary Bras and Jesse hpe it doesn't take 8 mins to see them each half.

This UH team is not all that different from the OU team. We are probably more different in not starting two future NBA first round picks than they are. Grimes is better than anyone on that OU team.

Sampson relies on his guards to do the damage offensively and his whole team to defend and rebound like madmen. The more it's a brawl the more he likes it. We just have to match their intensity and keep the level of play at our level not the scrum UH wants.

This UH team is not all that different from the OU team. We are probably more different in not starting two future NBA first round picks than they are. Grimes is better than anyone on that OU team.

Sampson relies on his guards to do the damage offensively and his whole team to defend and rebound like madmen. The more it's a brawl the more he likes it. We just have to match their intensity and keep the level of play at our level not the scrum UH wants.
Uh looks and plays like that Georgetown team that Syracuse lost to a few years ago in D.C. Of course the refs gave the Hoyas every call that day. Hope the game is officiated at least reasonably neutral tonite, that would yield a very high probability of a Cuse victory.

Rutgers is battle tested and pretty good. Not a great matchup for us.
The last time Sampson saw us Hollis Price was throwing the ball into the stands.
Agree with the poster on how the game is reffed. If college junk ball is allowed we will have problems.

Here is something to think about:

The public initially moved the line slightly to Cuse...but the line went back to 6.5pts. There is even one -7 this am.

I'm thinking the 'sharps' are moving the line for a reason.

The last time Sampson saw us Hollis Price was throwing the ball into the stands.
Agree with the poster on how the game is reffed. If college junk ball is allowed we will have problems.

Need the refs to be better than they were for about 1/3 of the WVU game. They went crazy calling stuff on Jesse and somewhat on MD.

Aaron Craft is crying right now from your comment

Need the refs to be better than they were for about 1/3 of the WVU game. They went crazy calling stuff on Jesse and somewhat on MD.
What I worry about is Houston throwing shots at the rim and gathering mega misses and they get us into foul trouble. If there is a game we need Griffin to step up...this is the game.

Bras IMHO is our secret weapon today...having a 6'8" guy who can make the 3 will really cause Houston match up problems outside.

We are so much better than Rutgers. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom