Before u all panic about playing uconn for a 3rd time | Syracusefan.com

Before u all panic about playing uconn for a 3rd time

gilardino

Starter
Please know they still have to beat DePaul (which they will), however WVU is not that bad. Remember last year year when uconn beat the hoyas on wed, starting point guard Chris Wright did not play. Just saying.....

WVU will give them hell. But I still think we'll see them on Thursday...

It looks like Calhoun will only play 6 or 7 though so hopefully by Thursday they'll be tired.

People who are worried about playing UConn should realize that UConn hasn't won 2 games in a row since mid-January. Good chance that you may be worrying for nothing.

Plus I think we will be playing West Virginia anyways.

I hope WVU beats UConn, but I'm not going to "panic" having to play UConn a 3rd time. I just think it is really tough to beat a team 3 times in one season especially a team that obviously has a lot of talent and just hasn't been putting it together. They have 2 guys that if they leave will go before any of our players in the draft. Plus JC being on the bench is a lot different than Blaney.

I hope WVU beats UConn, but I'm not going to "panic" having to play UConn a 3rd time. I just think it is really tough to beat a team 3 times in one season especially a team that obviously has a lot of talent and just hasn't been putting it together. They have 2 guys that if they leave will go before any of our players in the draft. Plus JC being on the bench is a lot different than Blaney.
Agreed. Even today, Nappier played great, Smith played great, Calhoun was on the sidelines, and they still blew a 16pt halftime lead at home to a 5-13 Pitt team while Gibbs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I dont know i thought we played them 3 times. I cant find our exhibition games from that year online so i always thought it was 3.

"Panic"?? Really?
No one wants to play a team 3X but "panic" is a horrible way to put it. More like "cautious", but this team can't go into the postseason having to "panic" over playing anyone.
It demeans our team & its accomplishments to suggest that fans may "panic" over playing UConn.
Fail.

I don't like the idea of having to beat a team 3x -but if we keep looking for parallels to 2003, we did beat Georgetown 3x that year.

Regardless, if we play UConn Thursday (and I have my doubts that they will even make it), then I really like there's a better than 50% chance we sweep them. That would make six wins in the last seven games against them going back to 6OT.

"Panic"?? Really?
No one wants to play a team 3X but "panic" is a horrible way to put it. More like "cautious", but this team can't go into the postseason having to "panic" over playing anyone.
It demeans out team & its accomplishments to suggest that fans may "panic" over playing UConn.
Fail.
It's nice to know that a #1 seed is locked up, SU is off to Boston (with two wins) regardless of anything that happens in the next week.

I dont know i thought we played them 3 times. I cant find our exhibition games from that year online so i always thought it was 3.

Exhibtions games are against Division II teams. UMASS is not a Division II team.

bring them on.. didnt we beat gtown 3 times in the 02-03 season? so beating a rival 3 times to add to the karma?

There are no easy games in the BET whether you have beaten a team once or twice. Sure uCON has talented individuals and having JC on the sidelines makes for a nice story, but they are a flawed team. The one BET team that will give us the toughest game is Curly's clutch & grab boys.

They beat us in Lax that year too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the idea of having to beat a team 3x -but if we keep looking for parallels to 2003, we did beat Georgetown 3x that year.

Regardless, if we play UConn Thursday (and I have my doubts that they will even make it), then I really like there's a better than 50% chance we sweep them. That would make six wins in the last seven games against them going back to 6OT.
You can also draw a parallel to 1987 when we beat Rick Pitino's Providence team 3 times, including the semi-final game of the final four in New Orleans.
Interestingly we increased the margin of victory in each game, 89-85 @ providence, 90*81 @ the Dome and 77-63 in the Superdome.

You can also draw a parallel to 1987 when we beat Rick Pitino's Providence team 3 times, including the semi-final game of the final four in New Orleans.
Interestingly we increased the margin of victory in each game, 89-85 @ providence, 90*81 @ the Dome and 77-63 in the Superdome.

We also lost to Georgetown three times that year.

The more I think about this game the more I realize it might not even happen;
DePaul is coming off a 30pt victory against Seton Hall and certainly has the ability to beat UConn, Melvin and Young are very good players; I could see UConn looking past them honestly, there is no "leader" like Kemba last year.
If they get past the Demon Deacons, they'll have to deal with a WVU team who will be playing for their tourney lives (they are probably in now, but far from a lock). Kevin Jones will be the best player on the court and Truck Bryant is still capable of putting up 20+ on any given night. The Huskies beat the Moutaineers in Hartford by 7 earlier this year; Truck Bryant was 2/13 from the field in only 28 minutes due to 4 fouls. Lamb had 25 for the Huskies, Drummond had 20 and 11. Kilici also only played 21 minutes due to 4 fouls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom