Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Benny suspended. Maliq still hurt.

3 of his last 4 games Benny put up
18 points and 11 boards 5 steals
11 points 8 boards 3 assists
24 points 9 boards.
And hes a step faster so far this year imo. Sad to see him miss one.

(1) just because you're talented doesn't make effort optional

(2) you don't ever walk out of practice and expect things to remain the same

(3) your track record of mixed effort and unfulfilled potential goes against the whole "we're going to be a hard working team" vibe.

Either you buy in, or you ship out. We already got a guy for your spot next year.

Welp... i hope this is just stern punishment, and not an indication that Benny hasn't done what he needed to do to get back to/with the team.

Considering the last game wasn't a 'real' game, so this is the first one of consequence.
Maybe it's something along the line of him not going to class and once Red and staff found out, Red put the hammer down to get his attention.

Welp... i hope this is just stern punishment, and not an indication that Benny hasn't done what he needed to do to get back to/with the team.

Considering the last game wasn't a 'real' game, so this is the first one of consequence.
This was my biggest concern.

As much a I love Maliq, this team really needs Benny's ability to space the floor and shoot the ball.
we need him for defending and rebounding against bigger forwards we face. besides Maliq, Benny is the only one on the roster to do that. and sometimes Maliq will be the 5 anyway. even with Benny I've felt this team's downfall will be at forward, defense and rebounding against good teams won't be there

We really need Benny this year. I see him as a VERY important piece of a team that could be pretty good. If he can shoot the 3 well (as he was doing last year), that would be huge to this team. That all said, if he brings any more distraction and negativity to the team, I'd rather he leave sooner rather than later. Really hoping he can come back distraction free and positive about things. However, I won't be surprised if this doesn't go well with this not being the only time he has pulled this crap (if what I'm reading is accurate).

If Benny is going to be another roller coaster all season, cut bait and move on. He needs to grow up and start being a man. He’s supposed to be the elder statesman in this team and he acts like a middle schooler. His act is wearing thin. He needs to show he can be coached. He still hasn’t shown he can play hard through adversity. He only wants to play hard if he’s scoring. There’s a lot more than that if you are a good player and teammate.

If Benny is going to be another roller coaster all season, cut bait and move on. He needs to grow up and start being a man. He’s supposed to be the elder statesman in this team and he acts like a middle schooler. His act is wearing thin. He needs to show he can be coached. He still hasn’t shown he can play hard through adversity. He only wants to play hard if he’s scoring. There’s a lot more than that if you are a good player and teammate.
I'm not sure it's a simple as that. I don't have any info, but he might be going through some things privately that led to this predicament. We only see things from our perspective as fans and not as pseudo-family members (i.e. teammates and coaches). Presumably, the coaching staff cares about his well-being on and off the court. I'm confident they will handle this the way that's best. I don't want a coaching staff that is only interested in Ws and Ls with no regard for the players lives.

I'm not sure it's a simple as that. I don't have any info, but he might be going through some things privately that led to this predicament. We only see things from our perspective as fans and not as pseudo-family members (i.e. teammates and coaches). Presumably, the coaching staff cares about his well-being on and off the court. I'm confident they will handle this the way that's best. I don't want a coaching staff that is only interested in Ws and Ls with no regard for the players lives.
He’s a bad teammate and an ahole imo. He needs to work on his emotions big time.

(1) just because you're talented doesn't make effort optional

(2) you don't ever walk out of practice and expect things to remain the same

(3) your track record of mixed effort and unfulfilled potential goes against the whole "we're going to be a hard working team" vibe.

Either you buy in, or you ship out. We already got a guy for your spot next year.
Do you really believe he would have walked out of practice with DC, Rony, Sherm, or Stevie? He might have been carried out on a stretcher, but wouldn't have walked out.
It might be time for him to move on, or take the year off to get himself straight.

I’m so tired of dancing around these issues. Wish we could just say what we’ve heard.
He’s a bad teammate and an ahole imo. He needs to work on his emotions big time.

I haven’t heard what it is, so the above 2 posts are concerning. Especially considering he could be leaving.

This is not a good start to the year

Do you really believe he would have walked out of practice with DC, Rony, Sherm, or Stevie? He might have been carried out on a stretcher, but wouldn't have walked out.
It might be time for him to move on, or take the year off to get himself straight.

This is one of the ways that I realize I am an old(er) man - back when I played sports, we didn't quit the team mid-season, we didn't mouth off to the coaches and if we lost our starting position, we worked like hell to win it back. We didn't just quit.

New coach: setting an example.

It wasn't anything horrendous, but a suspension was deserved.

war images GIF

Phew...we can all back away from DEFCON 1 now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom