Benny Williams | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole quote about the starters is even wilder than the snippet on twitter
————————-
But when asked whether there were other scenarios that Boeheim would turn to Torrence, Boeheim’s response was more bleak.

“He’s struggling to score. He’s shooting it poorly from the free throw line, from the field, from the 3,” Boeheim said. “We’d like to see him help us, but we’ve been limited to our starters because they’ve been getting the job done and the guys on the bench haven’t played very well.”
—————————
8-9. Getting the job done.
If only there were other parts of the game that he’s better than the other guards at.

Too bad b-ball isn’t a game of horse.

The whole quote about the starters is even wilder than the snippet on twitter
————————-
But when asked whether there were other scenarios that Boeheim would turn to Torrence, Boeheim’s response was more bleak.

“He’s struggling to score. He’s shooting it poorly from the free throw line, from the field, from the 3,” Boeheim said. “We’d like to see him help us, but we’ve been limited to our starters because they’ve been getting the job done and the guys on the bench haven’t played very well.”
—————————
8-9. Getting the job done.
It’s quite amazing how good at spinning JB is.

It’s almost like he built a team nobody could question the minutes of the starters of.

Defense used to matter. Now its about being capable of making shots.

I ask what changed?

What job is he referring to? He should of benched his son Jimmy a long time ago it is as clear as day. Williams needs to work through the challenges and be taught how to become better...not sure Boeheim has the patience to do that, but I know assistant coaches are.
Yeah, seriously. If they are "getting the job done", we would have a winning record. They must have some other job that we don't know about.

We aren't winning, we aren't going to make the tournament - we should be giving anyone and everyone who is believed to be part of the future minutes on a regular basis. This is insane.
Syracuse ranks last in the nation in minutes played by the bench.

LOL if anyone thinks he won’t coach every game like it isn’t game 7 of the Finals.

I really want to get to 1k again this year.

It’s quite amazing how good at spinning JB is.

It’s almost like he built a team nobody could question the minutes of the starters of.

Defense used to matter. Now its about being capable of making shots.

I ask what changed?
Almost? This is exactly the roster JB wanted.

I know that the consensus here is that Boeheim doesn't know how to develop talent even though he has produced a lot of great players and the ones that have left mostly didn't do much save for a couple. Having said that, it really looks like Williams is making good progress. He is playing with attitude and focus and seems almost up to speed in the program and at the ACC level. I think down the stretch he will have some really big games and will help lead the team to making a run at the league and beyond. Maybe he'll have a coming out part at Dook.

Last edited:
I know that the consensus here is that Boeheim doesn't know how to develop talent even though he has produced a lot of great players and the ones that have left mostly didn't do much save for a couple. Having said that, it really looks like Williams is making good progress. He is playing with attitude and focus and seems almost up to speed in the program and at the ACC level. I think down the stretch he will have some really big games and will help lead the team to making a run at the league and beyond. Maybe he'll have a coming out part at Dook.
hope u r right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors