Benny | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both Joe and Red were comfortable with their decisions.
If you read Joe's comments on going to Clemson, it's very obvious that he is pleased with his decision and the reasons for it.

Tuesday night I went out with my SU college friend in Honolulu he’s been here a decade so we hit the spots ended up at some club that was packed and absolutely bumping. Didn’t see any players from the 8 teams there. Kind of sad and lame these players these days are choir boys I can’t imagine Billy or Derrick in the 80s going to Hawaii and locking themselves in their rooms.

Not to mention with NIL they can actually afford it too.

Not really directed at Benny and I’m not sure what to make of him.
What is wrong with you?

It’s not an injury and honestly I’d be surprised if he finishes the season on the team. If what I heard is true, then this may be the last we see him in orange (at least on the court).
Your post is a bit of a headscratcher -- was your information correct and you are just big on the hyperbole or perhaps just a misguided source on the severity of his misdoing?

Your post is a bit of a headscratcher -- was your information correct and you are just big on the hyperbole or perhaps just a misguided source on the severity of his misdoing?
Information was correct and, considering things that were said, I’m surprised he was back so soon. But hopefully this is the last issue because we cannot afford these things to continue to happen.

Tuesday night I went out with my SU college friend in Honolulu he’s been here a decade so we hit the spots ended up at some club that was packed and absolutely bumping. Didn’t see any players from the 8 teams there. Kind of sad and lame these players these days are choir boys I can’t imagine Billy or Derrick in the 80s going to Hawaii and locking themselves in their rooms.

And Len Dawson used to puff on heaters at half time of the Super Bowl.

It appears that Benny has some growing up to do. That said, I didn't think his technical last night was that big of a deal. Just stared the opposing player down. He shouldn't engage like that, but whatever.

Watch his lips. kid clearly said something also.
I still say whatever. He shouldn't taunt but at least he was on the court and made a great block. My bar for Benny is low right now.

Leaders don’t just discard people Coaching at this level should be, in large part, a medium through which you help young people grow and learn about life, and how to succeed.
Carmelo and the 2003 win aren’t JB’s greatest accomplishments as a coach: it’s all the young men for whom he provided a gateway to, and guidance for, a better life.
JB’s greatest success in 2003 was getting Gerry and melo to play nice.

2 words: Social media.
Back in the day all you'd get were rumors. These days you get video...from multiple sources. Just imagine the outcry if Benny or anyone else on the team was out partying after getting blown out?

I still say whatever. He shouldn't taunt but at least he was on the court and made a great block. My bar for Benny is low right now.
Context is everything. Williams should be held to a higher standard given his reputation.

At first, so the story goes. JB sat them down, told them he thinks the team can be special, and to play nice. After that, no problem (at least that I know of).
What are we talking about? Personality clashes? Physical clashes?
Or just two freshman who thought they were going to be the lead dog and they needed to know they could co-exist and still get their shots?

What are we talking about? Personality clashes? Physical clashes?
Or just two freshman who thought they were going to be the lead dog and they needed to know they could co-exist and still get their shots?
Nothing physical.

IIRC, Melo thought GMAC didn't pass to him enough, and GMAC thought there were times Melo could have gotten him the ball in the open and didn't.

If I got this wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me. But this is the way I recall hearing the story.

Nothing physical.

IIRC, Melo thought GMAC didn't pass to him enough, and GMAC thought there were times Melo could have gotten him the ball in the open and didn't.

If I got this wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me. But this is the way I recall hearing the story.

It was a three-way.

When Billy Edelin became eligible, there weren't enough balls for the three of them.

JB had a "come to Jesus" meeting with all of them, and it all worked out.

Nothing physical.

The highlight of that was against Rutgers. In a big spot, Melo threw a pass to a covered Billy instead of a wide open Gerry. We lost that game. Things changed after that.

Nothing physical.

Jeez. I didn’t know/don’t remember any of that.

Thank you—

It was a three-way.

When Billy Edelin became eligible, there weren't enough balls for the three of them.

JB had a "come to Jesus" meeting with all of them, and it all worked out.
Maybe that was payside intel and I had let my subscription lapse….

2 words: Social media.
Back in the day all you'd get were rumors. These days you get video...from multiple sources. Just imagine the outcry if Benny or anyone else on the team was out partying after getting blown out?
Absolutely. But he played well and could have given us a much needed boost especially with Bell off game 2. Subbing him in with a quick hook should have been the move unless he got arrested or something. I understand this player is out of 'benefits of the doubt.'

These aren't NCAA tournament games and typically when athletes go out they are just socializing and doing nothing too crazy.

Was commenting more on the other teams than us Hawaii is also insane about ID and drinking they literally scanned yours before they served you so our players likely weren't getting in anywhere. But the other teams in the field were all 21+ dudes and 5th year guys making more than most of us on NIL.

Its very odd that I didn't see any of them at the rooftop nightclub that was the place to be in Waikiki on Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom