Benson... | Syracusefan.com

Benson...

Really encouraged by his athleticism and good hands. Looking forward to seeing him grow in this offense to a major weapon.
Was hoping someone noticed - great thread. Love Benson's track speed and soft hands - once he had the ball in his mitts he was gone. In fact, last couple games the TE's have made the slot problems disappear: better blocking; TE receptions take pressure off the WR's; big, physical targets; and they're hard to bring down. More please.

Last edited:
If he keeps this up, he'll overtake the Number 1 ranking of Benson's in short order.
Until then...

2019-09-29_17-17-08.jpg

Had high hopes for him as I do for all PA kids but being a TE even higher hopes. Kid has speed for days love it.

Above my pay grade to say . HCDB I’m sure is in the lab
2 weeks ago tried a screen play around the 17 in front of me. Had Riley and Johnson blocking for Harris, play was blown up. The defenders ran thru both of them. It's playing 9 on11 which makes it harder on the OL.

Like what we’ve seen from Benson and Hacket

We all know our WRs not named Tristan have struggled, maybe we have found some hidden gems

Nothing wrong with having the Kelces and Eiferts of the world catching balls (and blocking)

Just was thinking about our awful WR screens this year in comparison to last year.

My fix-

Put benson and Hackett as the blocking WRs on the outside with nykeim/Harris/Riley/Jackson behind them.

Now it isn’t obvious when only 1 WR is out there. You could do soooo much with this set. Then you have two blocking threats in front of our WRs.

Thoughts?

Just was thinking about our awful WR screens this year in comparison to last year.

My fix-

Put benson and Hackett as the blocking WRs on the outside with nykeim/Harris/Riley/Jackson behind them.

Now it isn’t obvious when only 1 WR is out there. You could do soooo much with this set. Then you have two blocking threats in front of our WRs.

Thoughts?
That’s a good suggestion for the radio show.

My fix-

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure we actually did run this on Saturday and I think it worked pretty well. Watching Hackett or Benson block on those screens is so much smoother than Riley tussling with a guy 4 inches and 30 pounds larger

My fix-

Thoughts?

Our WR screens have been so-so. I wouldn't say they have been awful.

Our WR screens have been so-so. I wouldn't say they have been awful.
True. I guess I just haven’t seen any significant contribution from that play so far this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom