Best team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best team

• Total voters
MSU hasn't been good at all.

Arizona is a fringe top 12 a worst, which puts them at a 3 seed. Regardless, if a team is a 5 seed, they're that way for a reason, this wouldn't be Kansas.

You're the second person to say this recently. Where does this view come from? I realize they play in Bloomington in an hour, but they are leading the Big 10 and have a fairly decent win against Kansas.

I'm not directing this at anybody specifically in this thread. But I think it's completely ridiculous when grown adults throw around the phrase "true fan" in an accusatory context.

What convinced you? Their home losses to Canisius (#117) and St. Bona (#130)? The come from behind win against #308 Penn?
I've seen them both play many times. If KState isnt hitting 3s they suck. Btw what's your take on Kentucky? Can we officially stick a fork in them?

More times than not, the team that has the most talent/chemistry does not win the NC. Usually a very good team that is lucky does. But if I had to pick a team that is talented and has chemistry, I'd take Duke (only with Kelly). Kansas 2nd..

I've seen them both play many times. If KState isnt hitting 3s they suck. Btw what's your take on Kentucky? Can we officially stick a fork in them?

You may need to watch more objectively going forward if you truly believe that.

What convinced you? Their home losses to Canisius (#117) and St. Bona (#130)? The come from behind win against #308 Penn?
Not saying they are or are not better than KSU, but the current Nova team is not the Nova team that played the games you mentioned above. Could they regress? Sure. Are they much better now than they were when those games were played? Undoubtedly.

Not saying they are or are not better than KSU, but the current Nova team is not the Nova team that played the games you mentioned above. Could they regress? Sure. Are they much better now than they were when those games were played? Undoubtedly.

Speaking about Temple.

FWIW, I believe Nova is better than Temple at the moment. (I know they lost to them earlier in the year)

Cuse can beat anyone on a given day...or lose to almost anyone in the NCAA. You never know which MCW is going to show up that game.

Speaking about Temple.

FWIW, I believe Nova is better than Temple at the moment. (I know they lost to them earlier in the year)
Ah, gotcha. My bad.

For those who are realistic , this team could easily be 13-7, rather then 18-2. We do have some talent, but no-one on this years team is a dependable go to guy. Last year depending on the situation you had, Chris, Scoop, or Dion who could bail us out. We could easily lose 5 of the remaining 11 games , and go 1-1 in the Big East tournament. We might end up as a 3 0r 4 seed or as high as a 2 if we start being more of a team. This group reminds me more of the 2007-08 team after Devo and Rautins went down, more individuals no leadership.

I think Brandon Triche showed he's a pretty dependable go to guy.
One bad game and now we could have been 13-7. With no go to guys. MCW also was pretty clutch in Cincy and Ville. I say we have a few go to guys.

For those who are realistic , this team could easily be 13-7, rather then 18-2. We do have some talent, but no-one on this years team is a dependable go to guy. Last year depending on the situation you had, Chris, Scoop, or Dion who could bail us out. We could easily lose 5 of the remaining 11 games , and go 1-1 in the Big East tournament. We might end up as a 3 0r 4 seed or as high as a 2 if we start being more of a team. This group reminds me more of the 2007-08 team after Devo and Rautins went down, more individuals no leadership.
Except realistically, this team is 18-2.

When I watched games in 2003, 2010 and last year, I felt like I was watching a potential Final Four team. I just don't feel that way with this year's squad.

This.

While, yes, we're comparable in talent to any number of teams that could vie for Final Four spots this year, there's something about this group that says second round loss in the tournament to me.

This.

While, yes, we're comparable in talent to any number of teams that could vie for Final Four spots this year, there's something about this group that says second round loss in the tournament to me.
It's all about those 3 weeks in March, everything up until then is just positioning ourselves best for a tourney run. If Triche is making shots and being aggressive, and if MCW is playing smart and under control, we will be in the Final Four. But if MCW is out of control and having 3/17 games, and Triche is being passive, we won't make it past the 2nd weekend.

I do agree that it doesn't have the same feel as those other 3 years. But hey, if in our round 2 game (assuming we beat the 16/15/14 seed we'd see) Triche goes 9/13 from the field, and MCW has a double/double with 2 turnovers, I'd feel real confident going into the Sweet 16. We'll just have to see.

Ok enough with this florida thing

0.jpg

"But you could sell the club and we could move to Florida!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors