Best way to get good single gm seats next year? Thoughts appreciated... | Syracusefan.com

Best way to get good single gm seats next year? Thoughts appreciated...

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Many many years ago I vowed that if the team made it to a big time conference, I would make it my mission to buy season tickets in that inaugural season...so I did. And I loved being a proud season ticket holder. However, while I personally had no issues with the distance or travel...(I liked the drives from central NJ personally)...it became somewhat of a source of discord here in the land of holy matrimony...a few games resulted in conflicts...kids sporting events, family enagements...etc.

As such, I just don't think I can swing seasons again for 2014. Which sucks. But it is what it is.

But...the compromise is I will be coming up for 2 games and going to the MetLife game...hey, I only came up for 3 anyway this year so it isnt a massive step back. But what kills me is i LOVED the seats I had...301...aisle. Oh well.

Looking at 2014, whats the best strategy to get good seats for single games at a good price? I'm not a fan of waiting till the last minute...once the schedule comes out I'd like to begin looking...I want to give the box office my business, but I also know they sell singles VERY late and its not always easy (in fact I remember it being pretty damn hard) to get aisles when you are buying single games...so maybe StubHub?

Either way...excited as hell about 2014. :)

Just renew the season tickets and sell off the games you're not attending.

Have you thought about downgrading to Food Stamp tix? It is pretty easy to sell food stamps at $15-20 each. You can always self-improve your seating situation to our area.

Have you thought about downgrading to Food Stamp tix? It is pretty easy to sell food stamps at $15-20 each. You can always self-improve your seating situation to our area.

I suppose that is an option...

Many many years ago I vowed that if the team made it to a big time conference, I would make it my mission to buy season tickets in that inaugural season...so I did. And I loved being a proud season ticket holder. However, while I personally had no issues with the distance or travel...(I liked the drives from central NJ personally)...it became somewhat of a source of discord here in the land of holy matrimony...a few games resulted in conflicts...kids sporting events, family enagements...etc.

As such, I just don't think I can swing seasons again for 2014. Which sucks. But it is what it is.

But...the compromise is I will be coming up for 2 games and going to the MetLife game...hey, I only came up for 3 anyway this year so it isnt a massive step back. But what kills me is i LOVED the seats I had...301...aisle. Oh well.

Looking at 2014, whats the best strategy to get good seats for single games at a good price? I'm not a fan of waiting till the last minute...once the schedule comes out I'd like to begin looking...I want to give the box office my business, but I also know they sell singles VERY late and its not always easy (in fact I remember it being pretty damn hard) to get aisles when you are buying single games...so maybe StubHub?

I will be getting season tix again this year (section 129). I will make it to no more than three games so if you want some of the others at face we may be able to do a deal.

I will be getting season tix again this year (section 129). I will make it to no more than three games so if you want some of the others at face we may be able to do a deal.

OK...will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Row and seat numbers?

Share your seats with someone else, and split the costs.

Being that I only get to one game a year,two if I'm extremely lucky. I've used stub hub a lot. As long as it's not Fsu,it's usually very reasonable. A lot of the tickets I've bought have also came with parking passes,which is a nice bonus. It sounds like sharing season tickets with a board member is a great idea as well. It would help more with ticket sales than the secondary market.

With our pending move to Syracuse after my son graduates I plan on getting season tickets for my wife and I. I received an email stating to reserve your tickets by paying $75 now. I plan on doing this but does anyone know the process and approximate cost for the different sections. Thanks

With our pending move to Syracuse after my son graduates I plan on getting season tickets for my wife and I. I received an email stating to reserve your tickets by paying $75 now. I plan on doing this but does anyone know the process and approximate cost for the different sections. Thanks
Is this email for new season ticket subscribers? I have been a FBall season ticket holder (x4) for more than 15 yrs and I haven't received this email?

Is this email for new season ticket subscribers? I have been a FBall season ticket holder (x4) for more than 15 yrs and I haven't received this email?

I am not sure who the email was from. I am at work and can't access personal email from here. I will have to look when I get home.

I'm assuming this is the email you are discussing:
fb_deposit_eblast.jpg

From SU Athletics. I am current season ticket holder as well. I paid the deposit fee because I will be paying for tickets later anyway. I also to get on their "priority list" for what that's worth. (Probably not much.)

I'm assuming this is the email you are discussing:View attachment 6410

From SU Athletics. I am current season ticket holder as well. I paid the deposit fee because I will be paying for tickets later anyway. I also to get on their "priority list" for what that's worth. (Probably not much.)
Nope, haven't got it. I always renew anyway so what's the big whoop?

Nope, haven't got it. I always renew anyway so what's the big whoop?

They got me in a weak moment--feeling all warm and fuzzy after the bowl win. I was just on the SU athletics web site and found out they'll send you two tickets to a November BB game with your $75 deposit. Whoopee--probably a Tuesday night game against Scranton University.

They got me in a weak moment--feeling all warm and fuzzy after the bowl win. I was just on the SU athletics web site and found out they'll send you two tickets to a November BB game with your $75 deposit. Whoopee--probably a Tuesday night game against Scranton University.
Enjoy

I also have not gotten this email yet and have been a season ticket holder for 5 years now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom