Better season.. Cuse or UVA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Better season.. Cuse or UVA

I have a hard time calling this the biggest upset of all time because the stakes weren’t large enough.

Obviously it’s historic.

To me to be in contention for biggest upset there has to be more on the line than just a first round NCAA game. Buster Douglas won the heavyweight title from the baddest man on the planet. The US men’s hockey team took down an absolute machine.

This is up there. An all-timer for sure. But I just can’t say it’s the biggest ever. It’s one spot from a 2 beating a 15, and that’s happened several times.
There was a ton on the line for UVA. The Miracle on Ice wasn’t for the gold medal, you know.

Look at any list of the greatest college basketball upsets. There will be at least two first round games on there.

Everyone had a better season than UVA. I mean, if they were a 2 seed, and lost, that's not a big deal. They'd have had a better season than almost every other team in the nation.

But this? Yeah, you're on the wrong end of history in a BIG WAY. What's the most a 2 seed ever lost by? Was it even double-digits? And they got blown the out as a 1 seed.

Blown. Out.

It's the worst. Nobody, no matter how bad their record was, should want to switch spots with that.

Everyone had a better season than UVA. I mean, if they were a 2 seed, and lost, that's not a big deal. They'd have had a better season than almost every other team in the nation.

But this? Yeah, you're on the wrong end of history in a BIG WAY. What's the most a 2 seed ever lost by? Was it even double-digits? And they got blown the out as a 1 seed.

Blown. Out.

It's the worst. Nobody, no matter how bad their record was, should want to switch spots with that.
i disagree.

i'll take 17-1 ACC . everyday. you earn a #1 seed your program is in great shape.

Last edited:

Blown. Out.

I don't agree with your post that everyone had a better season than UVa, but that's neither here nor there. In response to your question, 8 15 seeds have beaten a 2. Two of those were by double digits. Coppin St beat South Carolina by 13, and old and dear friend Georgetown lost to Dunk City (FGCU) by 10. The others were by an average of 4 points.

I don't agree with your post that everyone had a better season than UVa, but that's neither here nor there. In response to your question, 8 15 seeds have beaten a 2. Two of those were by double digits. Coppin St beat South Carolina by 13, and old and dear friend Georgetown lost to Dunk City (FGCU) by 10. The others were by an average of 4 points.

Hahah, man, that Richmond game haunted me for years....and that wasn't nearly as bad as what UVA just managed to accomplish. First ever. Blown out. Wouldn't want to be them. I don't actually think some random team that went 0-32 had a better season.....but man, no TWO seed had ever even been blown out by a 15 like that. Ever.

Thanks for looking that up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom