Big 10 says a title this year is meritless | Syracusefan.com

Big 10 says a title this year is meritless

and they have an excellent point because they have been represented in every title game EXCEPT 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20

I welcome and OSU or PSU players to transfer or walk on at CUSE
Go back even further into the BCS era and they have a lot of years that they still were not represented in the title game

OSU I believe had 3 appearances per from 00-08, pretty good stretch but repping less than half the time. So this notion that the title doesn't count because you blinked first and backed out, is weak sauce S

People will like CFB more without them.

Big 12 should poach Nebby and Ohio St and let the B1G rot.

I honestly don't believe a National Champion should be crowned this year either. If you crowned one, you would absolutely have to put an asterix next to it. If the whole nation isn't playing, how can you have a National Champion? It's unmerited in my mind.

Play the season. Have a top 25. Maybe do some bowl games post season. Play for #1, but not National Champion

I honestly don't believe a National Champion should be crowned this year either. If you crowned one, you would absolutely have to put an asterix next to it. If the whole nation isn't playing, how can you have a National Champion? It's unmerited in my mind.

Play the season. Have a top 25. Maybe do some bowl games post season. Play for #1, but not National Champion
If the ACC, SEC and B12 complete their season then I fully expect to see a playoff. The winning school will surely claim a championship for the season.

If the ACC, SEC and B12 complete their season then I fully expect to see a playoff. The winning school will surely claim a championship for the season.
...and may the best Orange team win.

A little preseason smack-talk is good for the soul of a CFB can.

As they should.

If Ohio St drops a game the B1G isn't getting in. P12 was extreme longshots to make it before this.

I'd say the two combined had a 50% shot at getting 1/4 teams in the field.

2 SEC 1 ACC 1 Big 12 is a strong playoffs.

Remember if they make their kids play a spring season I would consider blocking the P12 and B1G from 2021 participation in the name of player safety. The other 3 conferences will likely all agree to not play anyone from those conferences. If a team makes the playoffs so be it. But the divide will go through next season.

If they try to claim any moral high ground we will have to return the favor if they subject kids to a 2021 Spring season and 2021 Fall season.

Because the Big 10 and PAC won so many national championships lately.

and they have an excellent point because they have been represented in every title game EXCEPT 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20

I welcome and OSU or PSU players to transfer or walk on at CUSE

They've really killed it this past decade.

They are free to opt out and isolate. Doesn't mean the world stops.

Still think a National Champion would be a little chintzy with only 3 out of 5 Power Conferences playing ...and I'm not a fan of any other conference except the ACC

Just play and have fun, and see how good your team can be this year. I know I would be thrilled with that, since the alternative for many posters on this very Syracuse forum are calling for no football at all

The B1G title is pretty meritless since the same team wins it every year.

Exactly.

If they were the only conference to play they'd claim the National Championship.

Proof #1: Rutgers claims the national championship in the inaugural season of CFB. Naturally, they can only claim a share of the title.

In a twist of fate, national voters ranked them #3 in a two team sport.

One meritless NC in the hand is better than no NC in the bush.

Play for the National Championship. Add an asterisk. Problem solved.

Play for the National Championship. Add an asterisk. Problem solved.
I KNEW I spelled asterisk wrong! Wow, spelling really does get worse with age

2 points i feel equally strongly about

1- A title this year is SIGNIFICANTLY devalued
2- It's not the Big 10's place to say it so they should shut the heck up about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom