Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

We're coming off a 16 loss season, something we haven't had since the 70s I believe. We are losing a LOT and maybe more and are not bringing much in. With the way recruiting has been the past few years it's very possible we go sub 500. Just because it's never happened doesn't mean it won't.

Well, sure. But the more probable thing is a rebound given 40 years of history.

How many seasons in the last 40 were we that dependent on 3 1st year guys? Worked out in 2003. Not so much this year.

Well, sure. But the more probable thing is a rebound given 40 years of history.

How many seasons in the last 40 were we that dependent on 3 1st year guys? Worked out in 2003. Not so much this year.

We will be heavily dependent on first year guys next year, especially if Lydon does not return. Our only solid returning players would be Battle and Thompson.

I too am so sick of being a mediocre final four team.

That grass is sooooooo green over there.
You keep crowing about the final four. What do you think is more important to recruits, the one week of being in the final four, or the three years being unranked and the 10th place conference finishes?

Honestly. Final fours are great. They make fans feel 'vindicated' in whatever rationalizations in which they're ensconced. They make for nice banners. But, if you're a top 20 high school player, you've got options, and you're going to want to take your talents to a school where you can be reasonably assured of being in the top 20, on tv (real tv, not streaming BS), and where you have a realistic opportunity to succeed in the NCAA tournament. Reaching the final four after being on the bubble, and having your pathway fall to you is not predictive.

The first half of your first statement was absolutely perfect. Ending with "mediocre." Must be nice to be happy and satisfied with 10th place in the ACC and not being able to win a single ACC tournament game. St. John's Wort?

"The Grass is Always Greener" makes for a calming bromide, but if you want and expect excellence, i don't think you get there by convincing yourself that whatever you already have is 'good enough.'

Why are they being vague with the length of the extension? Really wish we find out how long JB's contract will be.

So basically JB moved everyone up.
So stupid to do this without kicking the tires on some ace recruiters.
If Devo becomes the new assistant then we should be scared.

The concept of Devo working on strength and conditioning struck me as odd to begin with.

Why are they being vague with the length of the extension? Really wish we find out how long JB's contract will be.
Does it make a huge difference though? A 5 year extension, does anybody think JB coaches until he's 77-78?

I would guess it's still a strong possibility JB could retire at any time. And that will be problematic for our recruiting.

Does it make a huge difference though? A 5 year extension, does anybody think JB coaches until he's 77-78?

I would guess it's still a strong possibility JB could retire at any time. And that will be problematic for our recruiting.

Yes, it makes a huge difference. Recruits want to know. Big difference between a one-year extension and a five-year.

I think anyone suggesting it's bad that gmac stays is not sane. He gave his heart and soul to Syracuse no matter what recruit he didn't get he's still gmac and his intensity and loyalty cannot be matched by an outsider

What does any of those things have to do with his value as an assistant coach?

Yes, it makes a huge difference. Recruits want to know. Big difference between a one-year extension and a five-year.
But don't you think that'll be used against us for every single recruit? JB could leave at any time after next year. Opposing coaches know that. A 5-yr contract doesn't really prove anything so that uncertainty will remain.

Devo's idea of nutrition : twinkies and pop tarts for breakfast, snickers bars for lunch and 5 guys for dinner washed down by a six pack of bud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom