Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

What guards has Gerry signed?

I said we could be looking at sub .500 years, I don't think it's that far fetched.

2 points:

- the point was not the Gerry signed anyone at all, but that Hop had been our best recruiter until this cycle. He took a step back, which signals to me that he AND the staff knew he was thinking about leaving.

- how many sub .50o seasons have we had in a row in the last 40 years? That's why it's far-fetched.

I think anyone suggesting it's bad that gmac stays is not sane. He gave his heart and soul to Syracuse no matter what recruit he didn't get he's still gmac and his intensity and loyalty cannot be matched by an outsider
LOL.
This is big boy basketball. It doesn't matter if he gave his heart and soul. He needs to deliver.
He can go with Hop.
His intensity can be matched.
I don't want loyalty in assistants I want assistants who do their job and want to move up the ladder.

If SU was smart they would announce JB retiring ASAP. We could have a new coach in place in a month and not lose a year of recruiting. I want no part of JB for another 3-5 years. We have been nothing but mediocre for the past three years and he won't change the way he plays or coaches. I have nothing but respect for the man, but it's time to go. I know this isn't going to be received well, but I'm tired of watching poor fundamental basketball and slow motion games. SU no longer controls the pace of games and there are certain teams we just can't beat on a consistent basis. We haven't even sniffed being in the top 3 in the ACC. We have been in the back half of the middles of the conference and I'm tired of being on the bubble.

I too am so sick of being a mediocre final four team.

That grass is sooooooo green over there.

LOL.
This is big boy basketball. It doesn't matter if he gave his heart and soul. He needs to deliver.
He can go with Hop.
His intensity can be matched.
I don't want loyalty in assistants I want assistants who do their job and want to move up the ladder.

Cmon. If he sucked, he'd be asked to move on. JAB doesn't play that game. Never has.

And with Hop gone, is he not moving up the ladder?

Just heard about this. I'm into going to read 40 pages so bare with me. I'm shocked because he was, (I assumed) going to get the job he really wanted in a year. Most likely reasons: JB isn't retiring or Wildhack wants to chose his won guy. That probably won't be a member of the current staff. I hope it works out.

The earth moved today.

Cmon. If he sucked, he'd be asked to move on. JAB doesn't play that game. Never has.

And with Hop gone, is he not moving up the ladder?
He sucked this cycle. He wasn't ready for what they had him do. GMac was going up against Calipari.

Go read Francis. GMac was in over his head recruiting this cycle. I would prefer an assistant who can get it done and worked there way up or bring a recruiting connection.

GMac has not earned moving up the SU assistant ladder. He is going to move up if he does because JB rewards loyalty.

Is it wrong to sort of hope GMac goes with Hopkins?

9xDUFq.gif
I'm a bona fide GMac hater, so...

He sucked this cycle. He wasn't ready for what they had him do. GMac was going up against Calipari.

Go read Francis. GMac was in over his head recruiting this cycle. I would prefer an assistant who can get it done and worked there way up or bring a recruiting connection.

GMac has not earned moving up the SU assistant ladder. He is going to move up if he does because JB rewards loyalty.

Recruiting is a part of the job - not the whole job. And I, like everyone here respect Francis - but in this case I'm going to trust the HoF coach.

Losing to Calapari in recruiting is something that happens to just about everyone - including JAB. And even according to Francis - we were right there on Quade until the end.

I'm not saying there aren't warning signs, just that theres more worry than is warranted.

2 points:

- the point was not the Gerry signed anyone at all, but that Hop had been our best recruiter until this cycle. He took a step back, which signals to me that he AND the staff knew he was thinking about leaving.

- how many sub .50o seasons have we had in a row in the last 40 years? That's why it's far-fetched.

We're coming off a 16 loss season, something we haven't had since the 70s I believe. We are losing a LOT and maybe more and are not bringing much in. With the way recruiting has been the past few years it's very possible we go sub 500. Just because it's never happened doesn't mean it won't.

Recruiting is a part of the job - not the whole job. And I, like everyone here respect Francis - but in this case I'm going to trust the HoF coach.

Losing to Calapari in recruiting is something that happens to just about everyone - including JAB. And even according to Francis - we were right there on Quade until the end.

I'm not saying there aren't warning signs, just that theres more worry than is warranted.
We could better. The guy was given an elite job without experience. He needs to deliver. JB is too loyal to a fault.

I wouldn't mind if he went with Hop. Him not going allows JB the cheap alternative to bump everyone up a slot and add Devo as an assistant.

We could better. The guy was given an elite job without experience. He needs to deliver. JB is too loyal to a fault.

I wouldn't mind if he went with Hop. Him not going allows JB the cheap alternative to bump everyone up a slot and add Devo as an assistant.

He was given the position of 3rd asst.

Agreed 100%. A lot of foolish speculation here. Get in line in terms of losing out to UK.

He was given the position of 3rd asst.
Being 3rd assistant isn't an excuse.
GMac going to UW would allow us to get some fresh blood in the recruiting field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom