Big Bang Theory still funniest and top rated show on television | Syracusefan.com

Big Bang Theory still funniest and top rated show on television

CaliCuse

All American
Always a ton of laughs . Knowing the back story on the characters makes in easy to get LOLs by the ton. I love the characters and the actors who have brought them to life enough that development of each is noticeable through the years. zExcellent writing.Kudos

I didnt think I would like that show. Was hooked in 2 minutes. Love it

Not to mention, I love this kid, for obvious reasons.

Kaley_Cuoco21.jpg

I apologize for hijacking, but let me explain myself first. It's Penny. I knew you'd understand.
Oh my fargan frikkin freakin word with this girl:
  • Plays Penny, the waitress you had a crush on in every lifetime.
  • Plays Penny, the girl next door to your apartment.
  • As cusetown points out, she's blonde. I will never see anything wrong with that.
  • The body with the kick, pop, etc.
  • Sexiness oozes off this girl.
  • Cutey pie face, not fancy shmancy. But cutey pie. It's equally as nice as fancy.
  • She's super chill in real life. No, I don't know her personally unless you equate calling out to her in my sleep as "knowing her", but from articles in the past, seems clear. Besides, have you ever known a girl who is a dog lover to not be that cool, chill out kind of girl?
kaley-cuoco-with-puppy.jpg

Still unwatchable in my book, it's generally mocked in social media, and still pathetically beholden to canned laugh tracks which I cannot believe still exist.

PS: ratings are a horrible way to judge a TV show ... unless you want shows like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives bearing the standard of US television. The only reason it wins in the ratings is because it is on broadcast TV ... and the competition on broadcast TV is depressing; all safe mass-appeal, no guts no creativity.

Parks & Rec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BBT

I approve of this thread because Kaley Cuoco is hot.

However, Big Bang is f**king awful. It pretends to celebrate nerds, but all it does is laugh at them. I read a column, and I wish I remembered where so I could link it, wherein the author points out that if Sheldon hears a noise in the apartment and runs and gets his "security gear" on, he comes out wearing a Boba Fett helmet or something, and you're supposed to laugh because, "oh hahaha, the nerd is wearing a Star Wars prop!" There's no punch line. The nerd himself is the punchline. My wife watches this show, and so I've seen much more of it than I ever hoped, and this is the case pretty much every freaking joke.

So bad. It plays to the lowest common denominator. It's insulting to the real intellectual types and the nerds who aren't complete bumbling idiots. It laughs at nerds, not with them. It's not even anywhere within the same realm as being the funniest show on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom