Big East Individual Awards Announced | Syracusefan.com

Big East Individual Awards Announced

Congratz to Dion and Fab!!!! They both Worked hard all year and deserved this!

Back to back DP of the Year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Back to back DP of the Year.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

"yea but syracuse cant develop bigmen and its a waste for shotblockers to go there" signed every uconn gtown uk fan...eat it fools

Interesting that the DPOY can't even crack the Honorable Mention All-BE.

A Hoya got the Sportsmanship Award?

What's this world coming to.

So Dion beat out CJ. Was it close?
This. I love Dion, and he probably has more of a name aroudn the league (amongst fans) than CJ does, but Fair would have got my vote...

I'm surprised Cooley got most improved over Fab

Why? It wasn't that close probably. Cooley went from 3 rebs/3pts to 13 and 9. Melo, while great on defense and deserving of the defensive award, went from 2 and 2 to 8 and 6. Neither did much last year.

I'm surprised Cooley got most improved over Fab

Cooley deserved it. Made a huge jump offensively and that is usually where the decision is made. (as opposed to defensive)

Yep, no brainer on Cooley vs Fab for that award.

Congrats to...

bigbastarfab.png

Why? It wasn't that close probably. Cooley went from 3 rebs/3pts to 13 and 9. Melo, while great on defense and deserving of the defensive award, went from 2 and 2 to 8 and 6. Neither did much last year.
I understand neither did much last year, but I think given how great Fab was defensively combined with his offensive numbers increase, I personally think he was the better choice. Cooley didn't offer much defensively. Both were basically the same last year. Non-factors that barely played. And given that Fab is the better all-around player right now (in my opinion), I would've given it to him. Again, I'm not killing the Cooley choice, nor am I mad or anything. He would've been second for me. But I think Fab was going to get it for the reasons I stated above, and Cooley's choice just raised an eyebrow.

Otto Porter of Georgetown should've made the All-Rookie team. That kid is a beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom