Big East looks for a big TV deal amid realignment | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East looks for a big TV deal amid realignment

@Mengus22
Memphis AD tells @UCFSports that NBC proposed double/triple-headers w/Big East games packaged around Notre Dame on NBChttp://bit.ly/NkCZ3B.

Future fall Saturdays on the Peacock would feature a doubleheader or tripleheader of Big East and Notre Dame football games with cable's NBC Sports Network airing additional inventory.
I could see something like this happening. And maybe ND agrees to a limited schedule of Big East OOC opponents, making them a defacto member of the BE football conference. Not sure what it does for the basketball portion of the league though. Big Monday, (Tuesday, Wednesday etc.) is really where college basketball belongs and that won't be happening on NBC. Keep in mind though that the BE matchups will be going up against all the "super conference" games being played at the same time. Not sure that the BE games will be as compelling as most of those games.

I could see something like this happening. And maybe ND agrees to a limited schedule of Big East OOC opponents, making them a defacto member of the BE football conference. Not sure what it does for the basketball portion of the league though. Big Monday, (Tuesday, Wednesday etc.) is really where college basketball belongs and that won't be happening on NBC. Keep in mind though that the BE matchups will be going up against all the "super conference" games being played at the same time. Not sure that the BE games will be as compelling as most of those games.

Coming up next on NBC, San Diego State at Memphis!

agree with above, but NBCSport is a new channel and is going to need content. They will be willing to pay more for it than others inorder to fill space. Additionally, the BE is no more dead for the upcoming playoffs than the ACC or Mountain West or even the Big 12...you will still need a top 4 or 6 finish, maybe be the conference champion and have a very good strength of schedule...strenght of schedule is where BE may fall down.

Have they talked to Lifetime network yet? A lot of Saturday viewers there and as luck would have it, they are already generally depressed. They may enjoy the product.

Last piece of free advice the league gets from me.

I could see this on a random Saturday in the fall...

Temple-Memphis at Noon on NBC
ND-Army at 3:30 on NBC
Then switch to NBC Sports at 7pm for that exciting SD State-SMU contest

Big East Football...catch the fever!

Meanwhile ABC/ESPN has Michigan-Wisconsin at noon, then at 3:30 Texas-Oklahoma and at night you get Auburn-Arkansas. While CBS at some point is showing you LSU-Florida!

That NBC rating should be about a .0003

The NBC Sports Network definitely needs content. The other night in prime time they were showing Darts. Nothing against Darts, a good bar activity, but what do they have now besides some NHL, poker, fishing?

I think the only time I've watched that channel is when it was Versus and they had some tournament basketball games on. They better open up their wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom