Big East Official: SU Pitt "Likely Gone" | Syracusefan.com

Big East Official: SU Pitt "Likely Gone"

HOLY - I would say that this is the most telling article so far since it's supposedly a BE official stating it.

WOW this thing is moving quicker then Bees to lock a Cali post, theres not just smoke theres a freaking bonfire now.

That quote by the big east official speaks volumes. Please please let this be true.

We out!

tumblr_lmpk5wLkcM1qzz25yo1_500.gif

So long big east!!

Good for football, bad for basketball... Im gonna miss basketball in the big east...but the only way for SU football to return to its glory days is to move to a bigger conference.

Donnie McPherson tweeted that he likes the move.

WOOOOW. its been real big east. (fingers crossed) I hope this happens.

Bees beat me but here is the tweet:

Former Cuse QB Don McPherson on ACC: "I like the move. The landscape of college sports is rapidly changing..."

UConn's lead on the lawsuit against the ACC really hurt them. BC and several ACC schools didn't forget that and I believe its why we are going with Pitt. ACC is a basketball league and while Pitt is better in football UConn's 3 NCs are the most since 1999 and they are being passed by the ACC. Any way F them and let's go cuse we ACCept the new conference.

Nothing more to say. Bad for hoops. Great for football.

I'll miss the BE tourney, games with St. John's, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Nova, Gtown, UConn. A lot not to like there. I will be attending a lot less basketball games. The ACC basketball tourney will be a meaningless exercise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn and Rutgers join the Big 10. So, in that sense, it's a wash in terms of prestige. We'll get stronger in football...but so will they.

I'll miss the BE tourney, games with St. John's, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Nova, Gtown, UConn. A lot not to like there. I will be attending a lot less basketball games. The ACC basketball tourney will be a meaningless exercise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn and Rutgers join the Big 10. So, in that sense, it's a wash in terms of prestige. We'll get stronger in football...but so will they.
Neutral for hoops in my opinion. Trading some really good opponents for really good opponents.

And we can add Duke, UNC, and MD every other year to UVA in lax at home.

Great for football.. not so good for Basketball. Hope that y'all will enjoy watching the ACC Basketball Conference Championship in Greensboro, NC vs MSG.

Great for football.. not so good for Basketball. Hope that y'all will enjoy watching the ACC Basketball Conference Championship in Greensboro, NC vs MSG.
if the big east dissolves, why couldnt the acc tourney be in MSG?

If all of this is true, we did the right thing. We'll all miss the BE BB, the BE Tourny in the Garden, having most of our teams very close in proximity. I'm just glad that we're not reading about Pitt and X school (fill in the blank) leaving for the ACC with no mention of us. With the $20 million leave clause, we could never raid the ACC, so, the BE would have few options for expansion. TCU folks have to be restless right now.

if the big east dissolves, why couldnt the acc tourney be in MSG?

Big East hoops will not dissolve. A conference with UCONN, Nova, the Johnnies, G'town, WVU, Marquette, Louisville, etc is still a very viable basketball conference

you have to wonder if the ACC would rotate the ACC tourney into the city with all the alumni in the area..

So long big east!!

Good for football, bad for basketball... Im gonna miss basketball in the big east...but the only way for SU football to return to its glory days is to move to a bigger conference.

It's not bad for basketball. The ACC is a very good hoops conference and will be even more so with the addition of SU and Pitt. The top of the BE hoops conference is strong but the bottom is woeful. Toss in the fact that it's way too big and it has been obvious for awhile that something had to be done.

I miss old time BE hoops, but that has not existed in a long time with the addition of so many new members.

I'll miss the BE tourney, games with St. John's, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Nova, Gtown, UConn.

Wait, why can't we play these teams?

Why would G'Town, UConn, St. John's turn down a big check and a guaranteed home sellout/noon CBS game?

It makes sense... and money... like our scheduling of BC and VT in football.

Forget about hurt feelings. UConn would schedule BC in a heartbeat... if BC returned their phone calls.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn and Rutgers join the Big 10.

I would.

It's not bad for basketball. The ACC is a very good hoops conference and will be even more so with the addition of SU and Pitt. The top of the BE hoops conference is strong but the bottom is woeful. Toss in the fact that it's way too big and it has been obvious for awhile that something had to be done.

I miss old time BE hoops, but that has not existed in a long time with the addition of so many new members.

You nailed it. If Pitt and Cuse are leaving for the ACC it probably becomes the tougher hoops conference.

...if true...this is terrific for 'Cuse because the writing is on the wall. I feel for Kansas and KS and Missouri...their best hope is to come to remainder of the BE and/or join BE to Big 12...
'Cuse goes to an academic conference, strong in basketball and good in Football...we just went 1-2 rungs up the gravy train...and think of TCU...omg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom