Big East Tournament Ticket Advice | Syracusefan.com

Big East Tournament Ticket Advice

madscientst

Walk On
I've made the decision this year to get down to NYC for the BET for the first time. I figure it's now or never.

As a season ticket holder, I've been pestering the box office for tickets for a while, but the packages they now have available for those who don't back a dump truck full of money up to the University don't seem that great. 400 level seats with no guarantee where they will actually be. Could be behind the basket. So I think I'm taking my chances with Stubhub.

This will be my first time to MSG, so I don't have a good idea for where I should be focusing in terms of seating. I've been reading this board for quite a while so I know I've seen posts from people who have gone before. I'm looking for a little bit of advice. Where have people sat before? Were you happy with it?

I might be willing it spend a little more if the 200 level is really that much better than the 300 level. I'm thinking of it as a one time thing (future ACC Tournaments notwithstanding, of course). In the Dome, I sit in Section 311 as a reference point and I'd be very happy with a similar view in MSG. I just don't want to be behind the basket, if at all possible.

Thanks.

I, too, am going to the BE Tourney for the first time. I was resigned to buying two of the packets they offer to season ticket holders and then trying to sell the other tickets, but that makes my head ache. Why can't life be simple? I am afraid Stub Hub really gouges, though. I look forward to reading your responses.

200 level is better than 300 but not so much so that you HAVE to sit there. Go 300 and you'll be happy.

I don't know how the BE does tickets anymore. I know someone who has a box at SU for football but has about 20 prime mid court basketball seats because their box isn't on the basketball side, so they donate some good coin. The best SU can offer them for BE tix is also the 400 level. You either must have to donate a boatload of money to even get 300's from SU or the BE has really changed how they distribute tix to schools and how many in the various sections.

I don't know how the BE does tickets anymore. I know someone who has a box at SU for football but has about 20 prime mid court basketball seats because their box isn't on the basketball side, so they donate some good coin. The best SU can offer them for BE tix is also the 400 level. You either must have to donate a boatload of money to even get 300's from SU or the BE has really changed how they distribute tix to schools and how many in the various sections.

I've heard similar that larger donations don't get better seats. The Box Office did say that once you buy a package, they assign seats based on donation amount first, and then order of purchase. So larger donations will get you more mid-court seats, but you aren't moving down any levels.

I haven't gone in several years, but it used to be that prices were insane until about one week before the tourney...then the folks that thought they could actually make money on them started dumping tickets and you could get a full strip for face value (or occasionally better). I stopped buying straight from SU after I got tickets in the very last row in the 400 level - basically the worst seats in the entire arena. Maybe someone else can chime in if the same rules apply, but I would wait as long as possible before buying on stubhub or any of the other ticket selling sites

I am subscribing to this thread as I too, am planning on going to the BET for the first (only) time this year. Any advice would be great, especially trying to find 4+/- tickets together.

Plan on spending some good money if you and whoever else wants to see the 'Cuse, especially if they play UCONN or SJU.

Whereas, you can get in for 5 bucks for several other sessions if SU is not playing

Even the 400 level strips are not cheap by any means.

If you don't want 400 level strips you can take your chances with the scalpers for individual session but forged tickets are easy for them to make now so be careful if you go that route.

Stubhub prices are high right now. Though I was prepared to spend a sizable chunk of money to get a ticket to every session. It's going to be a beautiful, basketball marathon.

I've been using this site to gauge what my options are, but unless you're in the building, it's probably hard to tell.
http://knicks2011.io-media.com/

This is a pretty good site that searches all the various ticketing sites for seats and presents it all in an easy to use UI:

Seat Geek

Remember you can also try calling other schools...a small donation to the USF Bulls Basketball Boosters may get you a shot at tickets from their allocation...

Someone above made the comment "I am afraid Stub Hub really gouges". Note that StubHub simply provides a service bringing buyers and sellers together. They do not own any inventory themselves. Individual ticket sellers and brokers that utilize their service are the ones setting prices.

Out of curiosity - to those who have gone, did you get your tickets on Stubhub/similar or through somewhere else? Are the prices that are on there now representative of what I should expect to pay?

If you can't tell, I'm a little indecisive about whether or not I should pull the trigger on a set of tickets on Stubhub now. My worst fear is waiting until the last second and paying even more than I would now or, worse, not being able to get a set.

I try to avoid the 400 level at msg, its really far. 300 level is fine for hoops.

I try to avoid the 400 level at msg, its really far. 300 level is fine for hoops.

the first couple rows of the 400 level are actually better than the last few rows in the 300 level

I've made the decision this year to get down to NYC for the BET for the first time. I figure it's now or never.

As a season ticket holder, I've been pestering the box office for tickets for a while, but the packages they now have available for those who don't back a dump truck full of money up to the University don't seem that great. 400 level seats with no guarantee where they will actually be. Could be behind the basket. So I think I'm taking my chances with Stubhub.

This will be my first time to MSG, so I don't have a good idea for where I should be focusing in terms of seating. I've been reading this board for quite a while so I know I've seen posts from people who have gone before. I'm looking for a little bit of advice. Where have people sat before? Were you happy with it?

I might be willing it spend a little more if the 200 level is really that much better than the 300 level. I'm thinking of it as a one time thing (future ACC Tournaments notwithstanding, of course). In the Dome, I sit in Section 311 as a reference point and I'd be very happy with a similar view in MSG. I just don't want to be behind the basket, if at all possible.

Thanks.
I think this will be a great year to go. UConn is having a bad year and their fans, notorious band wagon types, are not going to show. After SU and UConn, Pitt brings the most fans...they aren't coming this year either. The Johnnies are the only other team that sometimes shows but they are 3-6 and remain irrelevant. The other teams having good years (Gtown, Mar, Cincy, WV and ND) don't come to the BET much.

Should you buy a book of tickets? Are you a basketball fan or a Syracuse fan? SU is not playing on Tuesday, and they won't play on Wednesday or Thursday night, so if you only care about SU, half of the sessions you pay for will be wasted money, or you will have to sell them, which can be a pain.

If you are willing to settle for 400 level (bad) seats, you should have no problems getting tickets for the sessions SU plays in for face value. Maybe below face. You can probably find 200 or 300 tix for face if you work it.

Would only be concerned if SU played UConn.

I think this will be a great year to go. UConn is having a bad year and their fans, notorious band wagon types, are not going to show. After SU and UConn, Pitt brings the most fans...they aren't coming this year either. The Johnnies are the only other team that sometimes shows but they are 3-6 and remain irrelevant. The other teams having good years (Gtown, Mar, Cincy, WV and ND) don't come to the BET much.

Should you buy a book of tickets? Are you a basketball fan or a Syracuse fan? SU is not playing on Tuesday, and they won't play on Wednesday or Thursday night, so if you only care about SU, half of the sessions you pay for will be wasted money, or you will have to sell them, which can be a pain.

If you are willing to settle for 400 level (bad) seats, you should have no problems getting tickets for the sessions SU plays in for face value. Maybe below face. You can probably find 200 or 300 tix for face if you work it.

Would only be concerned if SU played UConn.

I'm both an SU fan and a basketball fan. My plan was to go to every game. If I didn't, I'd probably just end up somewhere watching them on TV anyway. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to really do it.

How do you even know what face value is? The University offered two tickets, plus some other nonsense, for $1035. But that's 400 level seats somewhere in MSG. Where can I find out what face value is for 200 level seats? At least then I would know whether or not the current Stubhub ticket prices are reasonable or not.

I'm both an SU fan and a basketball fan. My plan was to go to every game. If I didn't, I'd probably just end up somewhere watching them on TV anyway. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to really do it.

How do you even know what face value is? The University offered two tickets, plus some other nonsense, for $1035. But that's 400 level seats somewhere in MSG. Where can I find out what face value is for 200 level seats? At least then I would know whether or not the current Stubhub ticket prices are reasonable or not.
Ask this closer to the BE and you will get a solid answer. There are 8 sessions, 2 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 1 on Saturday and Sunday. The prices go up each day. Last year, I think it was something like $25 for Tuesday, $35 for Wednesday, $55 for Thursday, $75 for Friday and $95 for Saturday. I think that comes to $475 face and I think that was 100 level. I am pretty sure the face value is the same for all seats for the BET.

Pricing has been similar the past few years.

I have purchased all ways. If you are going to all games, buy the whole strip. If just select games, stubhub is a good route foe safety. If tou want to scalp, the Blarney, Stout Hotel Pa. and post game in MSG are best.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I have purchased all ways. If you are going to all games, buy the whole strip. If just select games, stubhub is a good route foe safety. If tou want to scalp, the Blarney, Stout Hotel Pa. and post game in MSG are best.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Any chance of getting a whole strip for decent seats without going through Stubhub?

Thanks to all for the advice so far.

The Big East Tournament this is year is mon-fri. So SU won't play until Wed, I wanna buy tickets for their game Thursday and Friday. Sutomcat so I gotta pay $75 and $95 is what you're saying? Where do you buy these tickets? I want 100 level seats I don't mind behind the basket. I would prefer to be in an SU section but I'm guessing the garden will be covered in orange so I won't have to worry.

The Big East Tournament this is year is mon-fri. So SU won't play until Wed, I wanna buy tickets for their game Thursday and Friday. Sutomcat so I gotta pay $75 and $95 is what you're saying? Where do you buy these tickets? I want 100 level seats I don't mind behind the basket. I would prefer to be in an SU section but I'm guessing the garden will be covered in orange so I won't have to worry.

FYI, BET is Tuesday through Saturday.
http://www.bigeast.org/Championships/20112012.aspx

Not what it say's on the site
The BET is definitely Tuesday-Saturday. It is historically easy to get tickets for BE sessions featuring SU for face in the 400 section. Expect to pay over face the closer you get to the court and the closer you get to Friday, usually the toughest ticket. Network with SU fans in hotel lobbies and the MSG area bars, especially the Blarney. Strike up friendships with opposing fans in MSG and make tentative agreements to buy their strips if they lose. That might get you face for good tickets.

Tournament Runs from Mar 6th (Tue) through (Saturday) March 10th. If we are the #1 seed we would play on Thursday at Noon. Full package of tickets are $455 Face Value. Currently on Stub Hub 400 level seats are going for $525 (No guarantee where seats are).

Just a word of caution about tickets on the street be careful every year someone gets bit on fake tickets it's pretty common.

The BET is definitely Tuesday-Saturday. It is historically easy to get tickets for BE sessions featuring SU for face in the 400 section. Expect to pay over face the closer you get to the court and the closer you get to Friday, usually the toughest ticket. Network with SU fans in hotel lobbies and the MSG area bars, especially the Blarney. Strike up friendships with opposing fans in MSG and make tentative agreements to buy their strips if they lose. That might get you face for good tickets.

Okay then I want Fri and Sat. What were you talking about when you said the tickets were for $95 and $75 last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom