Big East Tourney > ACC tourney | Syracusefan.com

Big East Tourney > ACC tourney

Alcuse01

Scout Team
No more big east tourney...
no more gtown
no more uconn
no more 34k for nova

ugh... I'm really torn with this. And I don't think those schools we leave behind would want to or be willing to play us in the future...

This is the end of an era, and I'm not a big fan of eras ending. I feel bitter about TV revenues and football fueling this rocket ship to ...where? Although ungainly, the BE basketball program has been the gem of the country. ACC basketball has become lack luster, although Duke and UNC remain power houses. I lived in North Carolina for 12 years. My husband was at Duke; I got a degree at Carolina. I have many friends who are passionate Carolina and Duke bball fans. Over the years, we have had really lively group basketball emails, but now I am afraid those conversations will turn snide and bitter. Okay, so it's not about the friendships, but I definitely feel the threat of change and don't like it one bit. But no matter what happens we, the fans, must adapt. Resistance is futile.

No more big east tourney...
no more gtown
no more uconn
no more 34k for nova

ugh... I'm really torn with this. And I don't think those schools we leave behind would want to or be willing to play us in the future...

Aside from Georgetown I really don't want to play any of them in the future. Maybe UCONN but I'm not heart broken over losing UCONN. And those schools will scramble to schedule games vs good teams to keep their RPI ratings high and to make money. If WE WANT TO PLAY THEM...they will play us. 2 for 1's though, 2 at the Dome for every 1 we play at their house now. Except for G'Town, we can rotate every year with them.

Stern you must be smoking crack. 2 for 1's please. How are WE going to keep our RPI up?? We'll be playing a murderers row of garbage, Pitt 2x, and maybe one game against Duke or UNC. No home-and-home with Duke and UNC, I promise. They'll make divisions and we'll play BC, Pitt, VTech, Maryland, Clemson, NC State. BLEH.

Stern you must be smoking crack. 2 for 1's please. How are WE going to keep our RPI up?? We'll be playing a murderers row of garbage, Pitt 2x, and maybe one game against Duke or UNC. No home-and-home with Duke and UNC, I promise. They'll make divisions and we'll play BC, Pitt, VTech, Maryland, Clemson, NC State. BLEH.

Who are we losing on our schedule that isn't replaced? UCONN, Nova, and G'Town who we "might" play twice a year if we are lucky.

Add Maryland, GT, NC State...etc (depending on the divisions breakdown) sure as hell upgrades over Depaul, St.Johns, Providence, and Rutgers. And even if we only play UNC or Duke once a year, that is replacing the "one" game we get vs G'Town or NOVA or whoever. Hell even VT has been on the doorstep of the NCAA tournament in recent years. When was the last time Depaul or Rutgers sniffed an NCAA Tourney game?!?

Syracuse Basketball does NOT have an RPI problem playing in the ACC. Hate to break it to ya. The schools left behind in the Big East have a HUGE RPI problem with Pitt and SU off their schedule and ND probably joining another conference for b'ball. Schools left behind have no leverage. It's the A-10/Conf-USA of sports now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom