a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cuseinseattle

All American
Elimination game and Melo comes with 28 points and 6 rebounds. What a champion! Willing his team to victory. That's what true champions do. Do you hear me Lebron James! That's what you have to do when you don't just join forces with other players who are also good. I'm sorry I had to. I'm ready to argue. Someone take a shot at Melo, I'm ready for the back and forth.

He catches a lot of flack in the media. That being said if he makes to east finals and it goes to 7 games I think the media will let up a bit. I think people see him as a diva since he left Denver.

what scares is that lebron and durranrt shoot 15 plus foul shots. melo doesnt. play by the same rules and then let's compare

Elimination game and Melo comes with 28 points and 6 rebounds. What a champion! Willing his team to victory. That's what true champions do. Do you hear me Lebron James! That's what you have to do when you don't just join forces with other players who are also good. I'm sorry I had to. I'm ready to argue. Someone take a shot at Melo, I'm ready for the back and forth.

i love melo... but have been disappointed with his occasional attitude and his shot selection and there simply is no denying that the ball stops when it gets to him.

last 2 games are prime examples. he basically purposely fouled out of game 4 with 2 min to go. and then last night takes a horrible shot, turns around arms flailing, barks at the ref, comes down the court and gives a 2 handed push to a screener. I promise you this happened - I rewound it 2 different times to show my wife (who didnt care at all). It wasnt talked about my the announcers and the obvious foul wasnt called by the refs - which he is lucky, because he of all people cant afford foul trouble especially completely intentional foul because he was having a temper tantrum.

Some of his actions remind me of MCW in the semi vs Michigan. Someday he needs to mature.

And learn that 12/28 28 pts 6 rebounds and ZERO assists is a good game for ricky davis, NOT melo.

How does it go? A dead man under the basket could get more than 1 rebound? Well, a dead man at the top of the key can get more than 1 assist.

I LOVE MELO and I hope he wins a title soon - but he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Cuse superstar or not.

Some of the criticism Melo gets is deserved, but lately it is over the top. I think to many people are listening to the media. We saw what happened with Durant when he was forced to be the Man once Westbrook got hurt. He was pushed to force the issue and his shooting percentages/offensive efficiency suffered.

I won't argue that Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA, but he didn't win anything when he was the only main cog as well. Melo needs another "guy" if he is going to win a championship, just like Durant needed Westbrook this year. Bottom line is if JR smith has showed up in this Indiana series at least one game, it would be 3-2 NYK and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I won't take a shot at Melo because he's an elite player and we're still waiting for our NC without him, but calling out Lebron is just stupid. Let's not forget he scored the final 25 (and 29 of the final 30) points in a win against Detroit in the process of going the NBA finals. I'm not a Lebron fan, and I'll jump on the "take that Lebron" bandwagon if the Knicks can make it to and beat the Heat in the Eastern conference finals, but calling out Lebron was dumb.

The only comment ill make is that Durant gets a pass with no Westbrook. Well, without Westbrook OKC went down in 5 to Memphis, a team that mirrors Indiana. OKC has Durant, an inconsistent sidekick (Kevin Martin) and a supporting cast that was less than stellar this postseason...sound familiar? Also LOL at Indiana complaining about the officiating.. 30-18 was the foul disparity..at home! Pacers, you've gotten the benefit of the whistle all series.

Some of the criticism Melo gets is deserved, but lately it is over the top. I think to many people are listening to the media. We saw what happened with Durant when he was forced to be the Man once Westbrook got hurt. He was pushed to force the issue and his shooting percentages/offensive efficiency suffered.

I won't argue that Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA, but he didn't win anything when he was the only main cog as well. Melo needs another "guy" if he is going to win a championship, just like Durant needed Westbrook this year. Bottom line is if JR smith has showed up in this Indiana series at least one game, it would be 3-2 NYK and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
I place a little blame on Melo for this. He had a chance to go wherever he wanted and chose a team with horrible personnel issues. It was amazing that Donnie Walsh was able to clean things up as well as he did. I wanted him to go to Chicago and team up with Rose (I realize that wouldn't have worked out so well this year). It would've been great to see those guys go to work with a spot up shooter or two on the floor and a guy like Noah to do the dirty work inside.

i love melo... but have been disappointed with his occasional attitude and his shot selection and there simply is no denying that the ball stops when it gets to him.

last 2 games are prime examples. he basically purposely fouled out of game 4 with 2 min to go. and then last night takes a horrible shot, turns around arms flailing, barks at the ref, comes down the court and gives a 2 handed push to a screener. I promise you this happened - I rewound it 2 different times to show my wife (who didnt care at all). It wasnt talked about my the announcers and the obvious foul wasnt called by the refs - which he is lucky, because he of all people cant afford foul trouble especially completely intentional foul because he was having a temper tantrum.

Some of his actions remind me of MCW in the semi vs Michigan. Someday he needs to mature.

And learn that 12/28 28 pts 6 rebounds and ZERO assists is a good game for ricky davis, NOT melo.

How does it go? A dead man under the basket could get more than 1 rebound? Well, a dead man at the top of the key can get more than 1 assist.

I LOVE MELO and I hope he wins a title soon - but he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets. Cuse superstar or not.
Assists overrated stat nowadays, pass for a layup, or a three, get an assist. Knicks don't seem to have anyone to make either shot

Durant avg'd 29, 10, and 7 in the 5 game series. And even with going 5/21 in game 5 still has a higher percentage than melo.

Melo is 26, 8 and 1 in his games. And is avg'ing 24 shots a game (2 more than durant, who scored more.)

This isnt meant as a dig... more constructive criticism. I just want Melo to move the ball around more like he did during the regular season. He will be a more all around productive player.

Melo should be able to avg 26, 10 and 5 playing only with his left hand.

yeah Durant was really bad the last 2 games (especially the final game). The first couple of games though he was incredible. In the first 3 games of the series he shot 50%; last 2 he shot 15-48.

I do think Durant gets a little bit of the pass in the media. I think it's partially because when a lot of the media was hating on Lebron last year, Durant was the guy being pointed to as the best player in the league, so he was kind of white knighted in the press.

Can't say I agree with this; unless maybe you mean in the playoffs only? not many guys average 10 boards per game.

Melo played better last night, but he was still 12-28. Let's not go too crazy here. I'm happy woodson gave Copeland and prigs some more run though

Melo getting a pass and Durant not, on Mike and Mike this morning. Greeney named Durant as the big loser of the playoffs, saying his and his team's performance without Westbrook took the luster off.

You can't mention melo this series and ignore his shoulder. You saw what he did at the end of the season. He was putting up 35+ for 2 weeks straight. The Knicks were cruising and he was behind the wheel. It's no coincidence the team has struggled since he's been hurt, but everyone chooses to ignore it. I understand that it isn't causation for ALL of their problems, but a one-armed Melo is never a good thing.

Melo getting a pass and Durant not, on Mike and Mike this morning. Greeney named Durant as the big loser of the playoffs, saying his and his team's performance without Westbrook took the luster off.
I like Durant but I'm glad people are taking shots at him. He was untouchable for a while. Without Westbrook he now knows what it feels like to be Melo.

Durant avg'd 29, 10, and 7 in the 5 game series. And even with going 5/21 in game 5 still has a higher percentage than melo.

Melo is 26, 8 and 1 in his games. And is avg'ing 24 shots a game (2 more than durant, who scored more.)

This isnt meant as a dig... more constructive criticism. I just want Melo to move the ball around more like he did during the regular season. He will be a more all around productive player.

Honestly though, who is Melo passing to? Chandler who has no offensive game outside dunks. JR Smith who's been awfulllll. Kidd hasn't made a shot since the Jurassic period. Felton has been ok but nothing amazing. Shump, ehh been ok...I think the Knicks are the only team that is completely unable to hit the wide open three-ball. Which is ironic given how well we shot all season. Predictably, the Playoffs came, JR went AWOL and the rest of the team went back to being scrubs...so far. Game 5 gives me a "little" hope mainly because they aren't being sabotaged by their head coach and his horrific rotations.

Hate to say it, but Igor is right. He simply does not get the same calls as other elite players. As physical as Melo is, and as much as he goes to the iron, he should be shooting a minimum of 10 FTs a game. Instead, he just gets beat up while the silence of the whistle is deafening. Hibbert and George should have more than twice the fouls they have, but it's the same thing every game, no matter who they play...

George Karl is the biggest loser of the playoffs, and it's not even close.

what scares is that lebron and durranrt shoot 15 plus foul shots. melo doesnt. play by the same rules and then let's compare
Since I agree with Igor and I am finally over the Michigan game I thought I would respond.
Even Kobe said the same thing a few years ago when Melo was at Denver, that he did not get the calls.
I think if he would stop complaining he would get more calls, you have to be nice to the refs.

I like Durant but I'm glad people are taking shots at him. He was untouchable for a while. Without Westbrook he now knows what it feels like to be Melo.

Yeah I love Durant too, but the hype surrounding him lately has been overkill. Listening to Fox Sports Daybreak last week and Andy Furman basically said that Carmelo is a loser and isn't in the same class as Kevin Durant, because Durant is a winner. Excuse me? What the hell has Durant ever won??? His biggest team accomplishment was leading the Thunder to the finals last year, where they got worked by the Heat in 5 games. Other than that, he's got an Olympic gold medal (Melo has two of em). So spare me the Durant is a winner and Melo is not garbage (not you longisland, but the media in general).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom