big kudos to the old staff and Nassib on Drew | Syracusefan.com

big kudos to the old staff and Nassib on Drew

kcsu

Living Legend
I can bash the bfoitb all i want and i still hate the way he left the program but i have to give Doug and crew huge credit for landing Drew. If not for our performance last year . The O that we ran and the positive exposure this program has recieved as a result of Nassib there is no way the current staff has a chance to land Drew. Im sure and it is confirmed from the interview that HCSS and staff did a great job landing him still i would say the majority of his recruitment was done by the programs direction which was set by Doug. You have to wonder if the Gruden special on Ryan also helped. Great pick up by the staff and yes hands down i think that Drew starts which in the long run will be a very good thing for Hunt.

And while we are at it, I want to thank Crouthamel for getting us into the Big East, and the Board that led the charge on building the Dome, which resulted in the upswing of the Program through the Coach Mac years, which led to an able bodied young-ish and hungry Coach P doing a great job for a while, and to Coach Robinson, for getting us to a point where we could not go anywhere but up... which all led to this signing of Allen.

And while we are at it, I want to thank Crouthamel for getting us into the Big East, and the Board that led the charge on building the Dome, which resulted in the upswing of the Program through the Coach Mac years, which led to an able bodied young-ish and hungry Coach P doing a great job for a while, and to Coach Robinson, for getting us to a point where we could not go anywhere but up... which all led to this signing of Allen.
And further, it's about time we thank George Washington for all that he did to help bring about these United States of America, without which we may never have had New York State and the city of Syracuse.

OttointheGrotto would disagree with you I think. Otto?

And further, it's about time we thank George Washington for all that he did to help bring about these United States of America, without which we may never have had New York State and the city of Syracuse.
While you're at it, don't forget Christopher Columbus, Americo Vespucci, Henry Hudson, Samuel de Champlain and for good measure DeWitt Clinton and the Erie Canal.

OttointheGrotto would disagree with you I think. Otto?

Wait, sorry. Wrong line, wrong poster. Wasn't paying very good attention for a minute there.

All4 is correct - as arbiter of recruiting credit, I henceforth over rule the credit given to Douglas Coppenrath Marrone for the recruitment of Drew Allen in the OP as a) Allen only recently made his commitment public while 2) Scott Shafer was the head coach. I award Doug Marrone no points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

:gavel'd:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Geez, Otto is right about this one. (Nassib probably deserves more credit before anyone from the old staff.)