Big Ten Interested in the Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten Interested in the Pinstripe Bowl

Are the rutties fans now saying this is another indication the big 10 invite is in the mail?

Good one. The Rutties assume that every thing that happens is an omen that pressages their invitation to the Big Ten. It reminds of American Indian lore in which everyday events --- an owl flies overhead --- has an important meaning. Iowa puts new urinals in? Must be because the Big Ten is about to expand and offer us an invite.

They have never quite gotten beyond the size of the potential TV market as proof RU is a desirable commodity in spite of all the invitations that have been extended by conferences going back to 2003.

Good one. The Rutties assume that every thing that happens is an omen that pressages their invitation to the Big Ten. It reminds of American Indian lore in which everyday events --- an owl flies overhead --- has an important meaning. Iowa puts new urinals in? Must be because the Big Ten is about to expand and offer us an invite.

They have never quite gotten beyond the size of the potential TV market as proof RU is a desirable commodity in spite of all the invitations that have been extended by conferences going back to 2003.

To be fair, Temple has been invited to the Big East as a full member.

So it's true then? If a bear pisses in the woods Rutgers really does get a call from Jim Delany?

Are the rutties fans now saying this is another indication the big 10 invite is in the mail?

Yuuuuupp! You are a prophet.

A sample post in the Big 10 - Pinstripe Bowl thread:
"Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm...perhaps by the time a B10 team appears there, they will have a team in the region in their conference?"

These guys are unbelievable. I wonder if at the Alamo in the final minutes there were guys guaranteeing one another that help was just over the horizon. "Oh Look. Santa Ana is about to mount another charge. It must be because they know our friends are close."

Until I remembered that the Temple mascot was an owl, I had no idea what your post meant.

Clever input!

Delaney just ticked off every New Yorker, he compared NYC to Chicago:

"New York City is the financial sports capital of the world," Delany told ESPN. "It's a global city like Chicago. We'll have conversations with them."

NYC was global before Mrs. O'Leary's cow burned down Chicago!

Honestly, if the Big 12 stays at 10, I can see the Pinstripe Bowl looking for the ACC or B1G. Also, if the Big East falls flat, the Pinstripe would probably PREFER ACC v. B1G.

Delaney just ticked off every New Yorker, he compared NYC to Chicago:

"New York City is the financial sports capital of the world," Delany told ESPN. "It's a global city like Chicago. We'll have conversations with them."

NYC was global before Mrs. O'Leary's cow burned down Chicago!

Honestly, if the Big 12 stays at 10, I can see the Pinstripe Bowl looking for the ACC or B1G. Also, if the Big East falls flat, the Pinstripe would probably PREFER ACC v. B1G.
every New Yorker knows chicago is the 2nd city.

and chicago folk always take that stance.

big whoop.

probably not in the mail, but i believe that this is a distinct possibility. more so to become a foe for psu as well as eastern presence

this is why the ACC needs to go after NYC big and fast. Raleigh is cute, but NYC rules.

this is why the ACC needs to go after NYC big and fast. Raleigh is cute, but NYC rules.

The game will end up being Big Ten vs ACC and rutgers will be in the patriot league. Neither conference needs buttgers to get NYC.

Well, for what it's worth -- which is absolutely nothing -- I also believe that Buttgers will eventually end up in the B10. It's like when you played pick-up games back in elementary school. Buttgers will be the last kid standing to be picked.
images

Well, for what it's worth -- which is absolutely nothing -- I also believe that Buttgers will eventually end up in the B10. It's like when you played pick-up games back in elementary school. Buttgers will be the last kid standing to be picked.
images

So you're saying that Rutgers has the cheese touch?

images

Two numbers tell you all you need to know about Rutgers,

1. $9.3M in ticket sales
2. $8.7M in rights/licensing. Hell Cinci beat them by $2M last year, USF by $4M. Uconn generated 3X that in 2011.

Rutgers is just another mouth to feed. Yep, 16th/even number pick, if it ever gets to that point.

images

BTW, young RutgersAl is the kid first row, far left holding the yellow T-shirt. Young SouthTampaBill is the fat kid first row far right making his belly button look like a ......

BTW, young RutgersAl is the kid first row, far left holding the yellow T-shirt. Young SouthTampaBill is the fat kid first row far right making his belly button look like a ......

I thought the jelly donut kid on the right was caliknight?

And ArizonaKnightScout is the kid in the middle. The wimpy kid himself, as it were; always convinced he belongs with the in crowd, constantly berating and belittling his equals and those who are genuinely on the same footing and nice enough to play with him (in Rutgers' case that would be Seton Hall and Norfolk State), and convinced that the others (A) care about his thoughts and (B) are even aware of his existence.

It must be sad, lurking on other boards, arguing for an irrelevant cause that doesn't love you back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom