Biggest Need... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure there is anybody left to sign in the spring.
Hughes goes Pro, Carey transfers. I think the tripping incident was the icing on the cake...

Hughes goes Pro, Carey transfers. I think the tripping incident was the icing on the cake...

Yeah but I doubt there is one impact player we can pick up that isn't a grad transfer.

You realize that Carey/Braswell/Washington are all Sophomores right?
If we push one of them out we lose them for them they could be Senior contributors in 2021-2022. This has nothing to do with 2020-2021.
We have 14 players right now for next year.

1. JG3
2. Washington
3. Hughes
4. Sidibe
5. Dolezaj
6. Guerrier
7. Goodine
8. JBA
9. Edwards
10. Braswell
11. Carey
12. Buddy
Plus recruits
13. Richmond
14. Newton

Somebody has to leave the program or somebody can become a walkon.
That is the whole point. Why should somebody be forced when their available alternative.

Who says anyone has to be forced though? Sometimes kids want to leave. And they’re smart enough to know where they stand.

Who says anyone has to be forced though? Sometimes kids want to leave. And they’re smart enough to know where they stand.
I think it’s using logical assumptions. Not going to say anymore that but it’s not speculation.

I think it’s using logical assumptions. Not going to say anymore that but it’s not speculation.

Logical assumptions. Classic. Wouldn’t it be logical to assume there is at least 1 kid that will leave because he wants to? Transfers happen everywhere. Nobody is being forced out. Dumb.

Patterson/Johnson were pushed out and took the high road. Players take the high road.

Yeah...this is not true at all. Kids transfer for various reasons, usually lack of playing time.

Did Boeheim push out Taurean Thompson too? Got any other crazy conspiracy theories where Boeheim is to blame?

Yeah...this is not true at all. Kids transfer for various reasons, usually lack of playing time.

Did Boeheim push out Taurean Thompson too? Got any other crazy conspiracy theories where Boeheim is to blame?
Lol ask BJ’s father on here. He was very classy and upfront on how his son left.
They were pushed out. Don’t respond to me you are a waste of my energy and are annoying. I can deal with people who aren’t clueless.

Lol ask BJ’s father on here. He was very classy and upfront on how his son left.
They were pushed out. Don’t respond to me you are a waste of my energy and are annoying. I can deal with people who aren’t clueless.

BJ wanted to play. He saw an opportunity elsewhere. He wasn’t pushed out.

Don’t respond to you? Is this your forum? LMAO

I find you annoying and obtuse. Don’t post at all. ;-)

If Carey was going to transfer he should have done it already.
He can transfer anytime before the start of the next semester to get eligible for part of next season. We‘ll know if he’s back after the holidays. He might also want to continue his rehab from his surgery.

He can transfer anytime before the start of the next semester to get eligible for part of next season. We‘ll know if he’s back after the holidays. He might also want to continue his rehab from his surgery.
Medical RS protects his year of Eligibility by transferring.
If he didn’t get a medical RS he would lose a year by sitting out the season since he played in 2 Games.

That is why he can’t leave before the season that is why he won’t leave now.
He wants the medical RS it’s why they used the thumb surgery excuse after he was passed by Girard.

Yeah but I doubt there is one impact player we can pick up that isn't a grad transfer.
There is always ppl available. Coaches get fired, players decommit or reclass. Players under the radar blow up.

You make it like I say do it in plain light for people to comment on it.
JB’s contract is private information.
Why should the team have to force a current member of the team to transfer to stay at the 13 scholarship limit when JB can pay out of pocket for his son for 1 year and allow the team to have 14 “scholarship” players.

It’s stupd to force somebody out if that player can help the team.
This isn’t about Buddy one iota. It’s about taking an advantage of the fact JB can make him a walk-on for a year and get another scholarship player.
You wouldn’t force out a kid who could help the team

Who has he found since Mike left?

Hopkins has only been gone a couple years. Maybe look at the players JB brought in before Hopkins joined the staff.

Hughes is pretty good.

Last edited:
Mike Hopkins was the lead recruiter for Gerry McNamara, Jonny Flynn, Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams, Malachi Richardson and Tyler Lydon to Syracuse.

Since he left who have we brought in that class? Facts don’t matter to some it’s just everything is fine.

Mike Hopkins was the lead recruiter for Gerry McNamara, Jonny Flynn, Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams, Malachi Richardson and Tyler Lydon to Syracuse.

Since he left who have we brought in that class? Facts don’t matter to some it’s just everything is fine.

Lead recruiter? Doesn’t JB have to close those kids? Or does JB not get credit for those kids either? Comical.

Does Boeheim get credit for Hughes or did Hopkins land him too?

Can we at least give JB credit for landing Mike Hopkins or was Mike Hopkins the lead recruiter for Mike Hopkins as well? ;-)

Last edited:
Lead recruiter? Doesn’t JB have to close those kids? Or does JB not get credit for those kids either? Comical.

Does Boeheim get credit for Hughes or did Hopkins land him too?

Can we at least give JB credit for landing Mike Hopkins or was Mike Hopkins the lead recruiter for Mike Hopkins as well? ;-)
JB wasn't interested in Hughes when Eli played at JB's elite camp.

You're so funny!

Hopkins has only been gone a couple years. Maybe look at the players JB brought in before Hopkins joined the staff.

Hughes is pretty good.
What could possibly be the difference in JB in 1995, compared with JB in 2020? Sure seems like there would be some difference that might be of interest to 16 and 17 year old kids. What could it be? Can't put my finger on it...

JB wasn't interested in Hughes when Eli played at JB's elite camp.

You're so funny!

You sure? Lol

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Elijah Hughes got buckets, no surprise there. On this summer day, the soon-to-be-high school senior won a New York state tournament dunk contest, then scored 42 points against a team featuring Jimmy Boeheim. But there were two distinctions at the gym in Johnson City that make the afternoon essential to Hughes’ progression. The first was a spectator who happened to be there: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim. The other lies in the timing: It was August 2015, following the July recruiting period and two months after Hughes had decided to play at East Carolina.

Jim Boeheim was in the bleachers, delighted by the skill set on display: size, shooting and a high IQ. He laughed it off earlier this month, but there was bewilderment at how a player this good in New York state had eluded his radar.

“He missed two shots the whole game,” recalls Jimmy Boeheim, now a junior at Cornell. “I went up to my dad after the game. I was like, Yo, who is this guy. Take a look? He was like, Yeah, I know.”

Incredulous, Jim Boeheim called associate head coach Adrian Autry a couple of hours later, asking how Syracuse hadn’t spotted Hughes earlier, before he had committed to another program. “Coach (Boeheim) is pissed we did not get on top of this,” Autry told Scott Timpano, Hughes’ high school coach. “We tried to tell him that he was right there, and we just didn’t see him.”

You sure? Lol

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Elijah Hughes got buckets, no surprise there. On this summer day, the soon-to-be-high school senior won a New York state tournament dunk contest, then scored 42 points against a team featuring Jimmy Boeheim. But there were two distinctions at the gym in Johnson City that make the afternoon essential to Hughes’ progression. The first was a spectator who happened to be there: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim. The other lies in the timing: It was August 2015, following the July recruiting period and two months after Hughes had decided to play at East Carolina.

Jim Boeheim was in the bleachers, delighted by the skill set on display: size, shooting and a high IQ. He laughed it off earlier this month, but there was bewilderment at how a player this good in New York state had eluded his radar.

“He missed two shots the whole game,” recalls Jimmy Boeheim, now a junior at Cornell. “I went up to my dad after the game. I was like, Yo, who is this guy. Take a look? He was like, Yeah, I know.”

Incredulous, Jim Boeheim called associate head coach Adrian Autry a couple of hours later, asking how Syracuse hadn’t spotted Hughes earlier, before he had committed to another program. “Coach (Boeheim) is pissed we did not get on top of this,” Autry told Scott Timpano, Hughes’ high school coach. “We tried to tell him that he was right there, and we just didn’t see him.”
Always pointing blame elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors