Biggest Need... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction. If anyone leaves, regardless of their reason (NBA, lack of PT, doesn’t like school, etc), a few posters will push the conspiracy theory that they were forced out so that Buddy could keep his scholarship. Sad.
If Hughes leave for the NBA obviously that has nothing to do with Buddy.
If you want to say the New England Patriots don't deserve the benefit of the doubt for the past. Which is your right.
People have a right to say Jim Boeheim doesn't deserve the same benefit of the doubt.
We pushed BJ Johnson and Ron Patterson out after the 2013-2014 season.
Our staff has done that. I am not going to push any conspiracy theory but you don;'t think JB will make a Buddy a walkon if everyone wants to stay.
If a player leaves they aren't going to say because of lack of PT or doesn't like school. They will just be quiet.
Patterson/Johnson were pushed out and took the high road. Players take the high road.

BIG MAN.. there should be no debate .. See what what we give up inside

Luke Garza, Iowa: 23 pts 4 offensive rebounds
Mike Whatkins, Penn st 15 pts 11 offensive rebounds
Lamar Stevens, Penn St 20 pts 2 offensive rebounds
Mamadi Diakite, UVA 12 pts 4 offensive rebounds
Jay Huff UVA 11pts 2 offensive rebounds
Yor Anei , OK St 19pts 3 offensive rebounds

If JB doesn't want that because it's his kid and "My kid in NOT a walk-on", well, we all know Buddy is talented enough to be an ACC player. He's already shown that. So it shouldn't be an ego-driven decision.

This

JB didnt even offer Marcus.

Mike Hopkins did though. Who's got the eye?

A lot of schools recruited him, and considering who his brother is why wouldn't it be like picking low hanging fruit for him to come here after the platform we gave his brother?

How's his defense though?

I have zero clue. I was responding to a poster who used Marcus as an example of JBs eye for talent.

I was just kidding….he's only about 6'1", and that was usually the reason we couldn't play kids - they weren't great zone defenders, but that doesn't seem to matter much now.

I only used the 250k because that what the poster used. I know what it would cost Jb. And it’s not damn near free and it’s not going to happen nor should it. You people are nuts. It’s now gone from SU giving JB the money for buddy to now JB should pay for it.

Next step in the progression; Leo should pay for it.

What would we do with 14 scholarship players? We can't find 13 players that are good enough to help us, with the 13 scholarships we have. What would we do with a another of the guys that is still available to take the freed up scholarship and is willing to come? I have yet to hear about us turning away a prospect that we think will be able to help us because we can't find a scholarship to give them.

If someone gets pushed out the door it is almost certainly not someone that would have helped us in a meaningful way. The obvious candidates are HoJo and Braswell. JB will have seen at least two years of both guys in daily practices, don't you think that makes him pretty qualified to know whether they are worth hanging onto?

Last edited:

What would we do with 14 scholarship players? We can't find 13 players that are good enough to help us with the 13 scholarships we have. What would we do with a another of the guys that is still available to take the freed up scholarship and is willing to come? I have yet to hear about us turning away a prospect that we think will be able to help us because we can't find a scholarship to give them.
You realize that Carey/Braswell/Washington are all Sophomores right?
If we push one of them out we lose them for them they could be Senior contributors in 2021-2022. This has nothing to do with 2020-2021.
We have 14 players right now for next year.

1. JG3
2. Washington
3. Hughes
4. Sidibe
5. Dolezaj
6. Guerrier
7. Goodine
8. JBA
9. Edwards
10. Braswell
11. Carey
12. Buddy
Plus recruits
13. Richmond
14. Newton

Somebody has to leave the program or somebody can become a walkon.
That is the whole point. Why should somebody be forced when their available alternative.

You realize that Carey/Braswell/Washington are all Sophomores right?
If we push one of them out we lose them for them they could be Senior contributors in 2021-2022. This has nothing to do with 2020-2021.
We have 14 players right now for next year.

1. JG3
2. Washington
3. Hughes
4. Sidibe
5. Dolezaj
6. Guerrier
7. Goodine
8. JBA
9. Edwards
10. Braswell
11. Carey
12. Buddy
Plus recruits
13. Richmond
14. Newton

Somebody has to leave the program or somebody can become a walkon.
That is the whole point. Why should somebody be forced when their available alternative.

You are assuming that everyone is on board to come back next season. Let's see how it plays out.

You are assuming that everyone is on board to come back next season. Let's see how it plays out.
I assume the players who are here want to be here unless they go pro.
You aren't realizing somebody has to go off scholarship from this year's team next year and we have no Seniors on the roster.

I don't really care if people want to transfer, if we're being forced to push someone out, etc. I think you'd be hard-pressed to make a logical argument that making Buddy a walk-on (while giving Boeheim a raise to make it worth his while) would be anything but a positive for us.

14 scholarship players > 13 scholarship players, especially with the rate at which we swing and miss on our scholarship players.

BIG MAN.. there should be no debate .. See what what we give up inside

Luke Garza, Iowa: 23 pts 4 offensive rebounds
Mike Whatkins, Penn st 15 pts 11 offensive rebounds
Lamar Stevens, Penn St 20 pts 2 offensive rebounds
Mamadi Diakite, UVA 12 pts 4 offensive rebounds
Jay Huff UVA 11pts 2 offensive rebounds
Yor Anei , OK St 19pts 3 offensive rebounds
I was surprised that Banks didn't chew up Marek and Bourama.

You aren't realizing somebody has to go off scholarship from this year's team next year and we have no Seniors on the roster.

I understand that. I also assume that JB is able to manage the numbers and has a pretty good idea of how we will get to 13, but in any case we don’t have to get to 13 until late next summer. A lot can happen between now and then and if history is any indication, a lot will happen between now and then.

What would we do with 14 scholarship players? We can't find 13 players that are good enough to help us, with the 13 scholarships we have. What would we do with a another of the guys that is still available to take the freed up scholarship and is willing to come? I have yet to hear about us turning away a prospect that we think will be able to help us because we can't find a scholarship to give them.

If someone gets pushed out the door it is almost certainly not someone that would have helped us in a meaningful way. The obvious candidates are HoJo and Braswell. JB will have seen at least two years of both guys in daily practices, don't you think that makes him pretty qualified to know whether they are worth hanging onto?
I loved HoJo!
!
image.jpg

It will work itself out. I also dont think that Jim would hesitate for a second about Buddy becoming a walk on if required. Jim might be stubborn but he certainly isn't stupid. If Buddy moving to Walk on status was required to manage the roster of course he would do it.

I don't want to make this a thread of its own because it kind of pains me to ask it, but what's the case for Elijah Hughes not going the grad transfer route if he intends to play another year of college basketball?

Our program is definitely down and hasn't brought in guys that are necessarily going to carry us to a top 10 status next season, so why wouldn't Hughes take a grad transfer and go somewhere better positioned to win next season. He will have had this season to show what he can do in the top dog role. If there is a decent landing spot for him, he could put himself in a better position to win and show what he can do to contribute to a strong team.

If I were betting I would bet that he turns pro, but I would put return to SU in third spot on the list of viable options.

JB said on his show that SU will probably lose 1-2 players next year. It will take care of itself. Buddy will not become a walkon.

I don't want to make this a thread of its own because it kind of pains me to ask it, but what's the case for Elijah Hughes not going the grad transfer route if he intends to play another year of college basketball?

Our program is definitely down and hasn't brought in guys that are necessarily going to carry us to a top 10 status next season, so why wouldn't Hughes take a grad transfer and go somewhere better positioned to win next season. He will have had this season to show what he can do in the top dog role. If there is a decent landing spot for him, he could put himself in a better position to win and show what he can do to contribute to a strong team.

If I were betting I would bet that he turns pro, but I would put return to SU in third spot on the list of viable options.

Im sorry, but this is the dumbest post I’ve read in a long time.

Hughes turns 22 in March and should graduate in May, time to join the real world.

Hughes turns 22 in March and should graduate in May, time to join the real world.
Time to help Syracuse win a national championship! Lol. But if he returns, he could help us start righting the ship and get back to the tourney.

Time to help Syracuse win a national championship! Lol. But if he returns, he could help us start righting the ship and get back to the tourney.
I think we need our freshmen to become sophomores and to sign a big in the spring. Hughes just needs to keep our record streak alive.

I think we need our freshmen to become sophomores and to sign a big in the spring. Hughes just needs to keep our record streak alive.

Not sure there is anybody left to sign in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom