Bills fans posterize opposing fans at tailgates... | Syracusefan.com

Bills fans posterize opposing fans at tailgates...

I want to preface this by saying I hope that you all of you who made the trek had a good time coming to Buffalo. I was pleasantly surprised how many fans were at the game even though it was a bit cold by BUffalo standards.

Anyways, leading up to the game I had almost zero opinion of either team and other than being pretty impressed with Jim Kelly over the years, I didn't care at all who won the game. Although I will admit that I was slightly leaned towards Buffalo after y'all had the better pregame pump up video.

However, after only about 10 minutes of arriving in the seats I got on stubhub on the Cincinnati side, a small but EXTREMELY vocal group of young Bills fans started causing a lot of problems. Almost constantly and exclusively there were shouts of "POSTERIZED" and other vanilla heckles making fun of poor defense under the rim, etc. that served no purpose other than to irritate all of the Bengals fans. Interestingly though I heard almost nothing in support of Buffalo come out of their very loud mouths. Although I didn't see the whole thing, at the end of the tailgate the dunking must have continued because one of the guys got into a physical pushing match near the portapotty that likely would have come to blows had a more level fan not gotten between the two.

I know that this likely doesn't epitomize your entire fan base but I think it says a lot about in that your worst fans are capable of this, and your best fans (There were others in the area) aren't good enough to tell them to quite embarrassing themselves. In the case of a neutral observer it really only takes one posterization to ruin the bunch. I imagine I was not the only Cincinnatian (Cincinnatite?) in the parking lot who now has a lower opinion of your team as a result of these fans actions.

I uploaded a couple of videos should one of you be able to address with them how damaging that kind of dunking is to the Bills.

I want to preface this by saying I hope that you all of you who made the trek had a good time coming to Buffalo. I was pleasantly surprised how many fans were at the game even though it was a bit cold by BUffalo standards.

Anyways, leading up to the game I had almost zero opinion of either team and other than being pretty impressed with Jim Kelly over the years, I didn't care at all who won the game. Although I will admit that I was slightly leaned towards Buffalo after y'all had the better pregame pump up video.

However, after only about 10 minutes of arriving in the seats I got on stubhub on the Cincinnati side, a small but EXTREMELY vocal group of young Bills fans started causing a lot of problems. Almost constantly and exclusively there were shouts of "POSTERIZED" and other vanilla heckles making fun of poor defense under the rim, etc. that served no purpose other than to irritate all of the Bengals fans. Interestingly though I heard almost nothing in support of Buffalo come out of their very loud mouths. Although I didn't see the whole thing, at the end of the tailgate the dunking must have continued because one of the guys got into a physical pushing match near the portapotty that likely would have come to blows had a more level fan not gotten between the two.

I know that this likely doesn't epitomize your entire fan base but I think it says a lot about in that your worst fans are capable of this, and your best fans (There were others in the area) aren't good enough to tell them to quite embarrassing themselves. In the case of a neutral observer it really only takes one posterization to ruin the bunch. I imagine I was not the only Cincinnatian (Cincinnatite?) in the parking lot who now has a lower opinion of your team as a result of these fans actions.

I uploaded a couple of videos should one of you be able to address with them how damaging that kind of dunking is to the Bills.

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

i want to put on my zubaz and shadow box right now

The stands of an NFL game is the most obnoxious place on the face of the Earth - there are no two ways about it.

funny that everyone was so good natured. It may be because I had the worst experience at Ralph Wilson in all my years of going to games, but if someone jumped on me like that I feel like my instinct would be a little more aggressive then those in this video.

I am a Bills fan and those are by far the biggest idiots I have ever seen ... if someone did that to me you can bet they would get a forearm shiver

If all fans behaved the way the opposing fans did in that video, the world would be a better place. 99% smiles. great video.

I am a Bills fan and those are by far the biggest idiots I have ever seen ... if someone did that to me you can bet they would get a forearm shiver

I think it would depend on how the guys were after they did it. If they high-fived me and said they were just messing around, I'd laugh it off with them. But if they acted douchey (which it appears they may have) it would be a different story.

If all fans behaved the way the opposing fans did in that video, the world would be a better place. 99% smiles. great video.

The world would be a better place if the guys weren't running around posterizing people. I know it is fairly harmless, but these guys are jackasses.

This sounds almost exactly like the comment made about the Syracuse Bowl Game in an earlier thread.I wonder if this same person is trying to rile up the Buffalo area much like the Syracuse people......Go Orange!!!!!

I think it would depend on how the guys were after they did it. If they high-fived me and said they were just messing around, I'd laugh it off with them. But if they acted douchey (which it appears they may have) it would be a different story.
i'd laugh my ass off if someone did that to me

i prefer shot blocking to posterizing. my best one was in vegas, some broski in a big group of broskis was tossing out a water bottle as i was walking by, i swatted it away hard and said get that weak sh!it out of here. they died laughing and i'm willing to bet they've added it to their repertoire.

If all fans behaved dressed the way the opposing home fans did in that video, the world would be a better place. 99% smiles. great video.

On behalf of all humanity, I apologize SadUpstate.

We may never have a winning season ever again but this makes me proud to be a Buffalo Bills fan!

Well done. +1.

Kids being kids. BUT they will do it to someone who won't think its funny and they will get their drunk scrawny little a%%£s beat.

The problem isn't the dunking, the problem is you people who apparently like to start fights because you can't take a little fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom