BJ Johnson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

No offense man but I think his father knows all the things to expect in playing division I college ball, since he himself has experienced it. As a proud father myself, if my son was/is Division I material, I'd probably get a little carried away too, isn't that what proud parents do? Let him enjoy his moment, I am actually enjoying hearing the perspective he brings to the board, it's more personal, we are learning more about his son and his background before he has even stepped a foot on campus.

I really enjoy giving information on the site to continue to give you folks up there some insight on BJ. Believe you me I am trying to prepare him to be ready for all things that can come out of the College experience prior to driving him up there in July. I trust that the coaches will do a great job with BJ there and BJ will make responsible decisions as a young man while I parent and consult from afar. "He does not want me to drive up there for some BS!":bat: LOL Keep the communication lines open. Enjoy your New Years.

The thought of having a 6'7 + guy playing SG at the college level is very exciting to me. As a matter of fact, we haven't had a very long, tall shooting guard in a while. As far back as 1998, a freshman Shumpert was only 6'6. Cipolla 1997 was listed as 6'7, and neither of them were as tall as BJ most likely already is. And lefty!

He is continuing to grow fast. All of his clothing has to replaced quickly. Sheesh! They are preparing to play tonight against St.Joes Prep at 8pm in the Kobe Classic. My old college coach.

Best of luck to you and B.J., Mr. Johnson. No offense intended. I'm sure he's going to be a terrific player for us. Welcome to the family.

I never put you son down or suggested he wasn't worthy of a scholarship. Let's clear that up right now.

For the record, I follow recruiting pretty closely, and attended ABCD Camp when it used to be in Hackensack every year for seven years in a row, back before there was so much information that's now available online.

And if your son is already a better shooter than James Southerland, then you're right, he's going to be playing a lot next year. Best of luck.

Keep the lines communication open fam. Enjoy your New Years.

He is continuing to grow fast. All of his clothing has to replaced quickly. Sheesh! They are preparing to play tonight against St.Joes Prep at 8pm in the Kobe Classic. My old college coach.
Best of luck tonight and Happy New Year's!

The thought of having a 6'7 + guy playing SG at the college level is very exciting to me. As a matter of fact, we haven't had a very long, tall shooting guard in a while. As far back as 1998, a freshman Shumpert was only 6'6. Cipolla 1997 was listed as 6'7, and neither of them were as tall as BJ most likely already is. And lefty!
Not only that, this kid was 6'7.5 as of September... He may be 6'8 now for all we know

BJ was 6'7.5" and 177 in September at wellness visit. He was being recruited as 3-2 because of his versatility and abitlity to handle the ball. The recruitment process was very exciting for BJ and us a family. I believed in being up front with the coaches in the recruitment process. During the summer BJ's stock really rose from small D1 school to Big East, ACC Big Ten and A10 so I was on the phone constently. He always like the CUSE as a little guy and eventually meeting the coaches and visiting the school during the process sealed it. CUSE is the school that BJ wanted to attend because it was his dream school to play for. I remember asking him if he waited to sign until the spring, if for example if Duke, NC or UK knocked on the door what he want to do, being a late bloomer so to speak. He said that he would go to the CUSE if and when they offered or he would attend Nova who offered him a in the summer. The coaches seemed to be upfront with the process and explained to BJ that he would have to earn everything that he gets in terms of playing. So we know where they are coming from in terms of competing for time on the floor from possibly starting to coming off the bench. Their intentions were to bring BJ in to play depsite his age. I was pleased with the coaches and I knew of them from guys from Philly Scoop, Rick and Skinny. Have a Happy New Years as well.
In terms of coming off the bench, you don't need me to tell you this, but coming off the bench for Syracuse can be better than starting for most teams. Look at Philly's own Dion Waiters! I'm really looking forward to see what BJ can do right away, but even more so after 1-2 years of ACC experience.

It should be a good one. We beat them by 15 last year. I believe that we will win tomorrow. Both families are close because myself and Doug are great friends and former college teammates. Brothers from another mother.
Congrats on the win! Looks like BJ led the way with 19 in a 67-55 win to take the Kobe Classic.

Congrats on the win! Looks like BJ led the way with 19 in a 67-55 win to take the Kobe Classic.

Thanks, he was in a bit of foul trouble on during the first half due to some Speedy influenced calls from the refs. Refs were straight up cheating in our house for the other team. I didn't think that could happen. ;) He scored the bulk of his points in the second half down the stretch. He got some major help from his team tonight. Overall, BJ led his team to two quality wins over the weekend. The gym was packed to the rafters with some hoping to see us lose to the great high school coaching legend.

In terms of coming off the bench, you don't need me to tell you this, but coming off the bench for Syracuse can be better than starting for most teams. Look at Philly's own Dion Waiters! I'm really looking forward to see what BJ can do right away, but even more so after 1-2 years of ACC experience.

We will be ready to do what it takes to contribute for the Orange.

bj vs St Frances 12.27.12.jpg #3.jpg
BJ finished with 19pts 11rebs tonight vs SJ Prep and 25pts 15rebs on Thursday vs St. Frances. Next up is league play on Thursday vs Upper Darby and Friday in West Virginia vs St. Raymonds at 9pm.

View attachment 1724 BJ finished with 19pts 11rebs tonight vs SJ Prep and 25pts 15rebs on Thursday vs St. Frances. Next up is league play on Thursday vs Upper Darby and Friday in West Virginia vs St. Raymonds at 9pm.
Wow, serious elevation! Also impressive is the double double in both of these competitive tournament games.

Wow, serious elevation! Also impressive is the double double in both of these competitive tournament games.

Thought you would like to know that he made the basket.

Great pictures, looks like he was all over the place, a force. His teammate was quoted that BJ got them back into the game with key 3s, and from the look of it, they torched the other team in the 4th quarter.

Great pictures, looks like he was all over the place, a force. His teammate was quoted that BJ got them back into the game with key 3s, and from the look of it, they torched the other team in the 4th quarter.
Yes Bj hit back to back threes and 3 total and a drive to the baksetball resulting in an assist for another 3 by his teammate in a 2-3 minute span which opened it up in the fourth.

LOL @ Rivals listing BJ at 6'6" and 170... but worst of all is the 3 stars. I mean, are you serious? Come on mang... you got to be ahead of the curve!

tony-montana-profile.png

bj vs St Frances 12.27.12.jpg #2.jpg
LOL @ Rivals listing BJ at 6'6" and 170... but worst of all is the 3 stars. I mean, are you serious? Come on mang... you got to be ahead of the curve!

tony-montana-profile.png
They maybe a little off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom