BJ Johnson | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Hey OGB--happy new year to you and your family.

Quick question for you: does BJ envision himself as a 2 or a 3 at SU? [or perhaps more importantly, do you guys have any perspective on where the SU coaching staff projects him?]

Hey OGB--happy new year to you and your family.

Quick question for you: does BJ envision himself as a 2 or a 3 at SU? [or perhaps more importantly, do you guys have any perspective on where the SU coaching staff projects him?]

The coaches see him as being able to play 2-3.

The coaches see him as being able to play 2-3.
Also OGB can I ask a favor? For the love of God please make BJ a solid FT shooter. We need somebody on this team who can hit a meager 75% of his free throws. I have no idea what his FT% is now, but I would love to see him come in and be a solid FT shooter, that would be a fantastic thing to add to our roster

Also OGB can I ask a favor? For the love of God please make BJ a solid FT shooter. We need somebody on this team who can hit a meager 75% of his free throws. I have no idea what his FT% is now, but I would love to see him come in and be a solid FT shooter, that would be a fantastic thing to add to our roster

He is a very good FT shooter, he is in the high 80's. He was 17-19 in the Kobe classic hitting key shots down the stretch.

He is a very good FT shooter, he is in the high 80's. He was 17-19 in the Kobe classic hitting key shots down the stretch.
Thank god for that. I don't know how much time you guys have to follow the SU season with BJ's senior year is in full swing, but we are hideous at the line this year. I think we have 3 guys shooting less than 50%.

Here's to hoping BJ continues his great senior year and that he gets to campus ready to roll in August. Best of luck to you guys, and keep us informed of all things BJ as the year goes on Mr. Johnson!

Thank god for that. I don't know how much time you guys have to follow the SU season with BJ's senior year is in full swing, but we are hideous at the line this year. I think we have 3 guys shooting less than 50%.

Here's to hoping BJ continues his great senior year and that he gets to campus ready to roll in August. Best of luck to you guys, and keep us informed of all things BJ as the year goes on Mr. Johnson!

Thanks, he will most likely be on campus for the summer.

Based on this thread, I think SU should make it mandatory procedure in the future that all parents of SU commits post updates on here after committing. :)

This is fantastic stuff - thanks Mr. Johnson!

Based on this thread, I think SU should make it mandatory procedure in the future that all parents of SU commits post updates on here after committing. :)

No argument there.

I get the feeling BJ Johnson will be my favorite player on SU in two years.

I know that he will aim to meet that standard as a player at SU in the years to come. He walks around LM like a rock star all the while remaining humble throughout.

bj vs St Frances 12.27.12.jpg #3.jpg
View attachment 1750

No problem, I enjoy communicating with the fans on my son's behalf. Hopefully you are getting to know a little more about him from this posts. If he was not my son, I still truly believe that SU is getting one hell of student/player/person for the future.

View attachment 1750

No problem, I enjoy communicating with the fans on my son's behalf. Hopefully you are getting to know a little more about him from this posts. If he was not my son, I still truly believe that SU is getting one hell of student/player/person for the future.
I have learned a ton about your son. From the videos and info, provided mostly by Francis, I was initially expecting a talented young man (young for his class) who would likely take at least two years in the program to contribute. Possibly even a redshirt year. Now, I am expecting a hard working young man with tons of talent that is going to do his best to get on the court ASAP. I can see why he was offered a scholarship when so many other higher rated forwards were considering SU. We are very lucky to have so many talented young men heading to Syracuse. With all of these tremendous forwards, the practices will be battles, which will only make each one of them better. I can't wait to see the product on the floor in the coming years.

I know that he will aim to meet that standard as a player at SU in the years to come. He walks around LM like a rock star all the while remaining humble throughout.
If that's rue, which I'm sure it is, it's a rarity, because he is a rock star in his current locale, and if he becomes the player I think he will at SU he'll be an even bigger one on campus. Humility is a rare trait that only the best come equipped with. It's a good sign for SU that BJ has it.

I have learned a ton about your son. From the videos and info, provided mostly by Francis, I was initially expecting a talented young man (young for his class) who would likely take at least two years in the program to contribute. Possibly even a redshirt year. Now, I am expecting a hard working young man with tons of talent that is going to do his best to get on the court ASAP. I can see why he was offered a scholarship when so many other higher rated forwards were considering SU. We are very lucky to have so many talented young men heading to Syracuse. With all of these tremendous forwards, the practices will be battles, which will only make each one of them better. I can't wait to see the product on the floor in the coming years.

I can't wait either. It going be a great time being apart of the SU family and cheering on the Orange. And yes the battles should be competitive and fierce which would make them all the better. BJ will contine work on being ready for his collegiate career.

If that's rue, which I'm sure it is, it's a rarity, because he is a rock star in his current locale, and if he becomes the player I think he will at SU he'll be an even bigger one on campus. Humility is a rare trait that only the best come equipped with. It's a good sign for SU that BJ has it.

I continue to try to guide him in the direction of being confident in what he does but as I learned being successful comes with ups and downs that he will have to deal with. As he continues to mature and grow he displays modest and humble demeanor off the court of course we are continuing to become that monster on the court. If you know what I mean. He will be able to handle the tasks ahead of him with his continued effort and support/guidance to make the right choices.

BJ and the Aces take on league foe Upper Darby on Thursday night and then board a flight in the morning to play St Raymonds on Friday night in WV. They should be ready since they practiced over the holiday.

Unfortunately, as soon as his first foot touches the Syracuse University campus his freshman year, an anomaly of the universe will be inflicted upon him. He will consequently see the basketball rim 3 inches further away and to the left ... but only at the free throw line... and only while playing at SU. We fans would like to apologize in advance for subjecting your son's FT statistics to this phenomenon of clank.

View attachment 1751 View attachment 1750

I wonder how much, if any influence, the success of Hakim, Rick and Scoop had to do with the decision to investigate/pick SU? Care to share?

Unfortunately, as soon as his first foot touches the Syracuse University campus his freshman year, an anomaly of the universe will be inflicted upon him. He will consequently see the basketball rim 3 inches further away and to the left ... but only at the free throw line... and only while playing at SU. We fans would like to apologize in advance for subjecting your son's FT statistics to this phenomenon of clank.

LOL

I wonder how much, if any influence, the success of Hakim, Rick and Scoop had to do with the decision to investigate/pick SU? Care to share?

BJ has always been influenced by the success of the Philly natives at SU. BJ has always liked the SU and the style of play. Also there success throughout the years.

BJ scored 18pts, 11rebs in a 57-40 win over league foe upper darby. They take on St. Raymonds @ 9pm in WV tomorrow night. I'm still debating if I'm going to drive (5hrs)to the game.

Mr. Johnson,

Take all the opportunities you are able too, to be a part of your child's life. All too soon, they grow up and go off to live their own. You never get those opportunities back.

Mr. Johnson,

Take all the opportunities you are able too, to be a part of your child's life. All too soon, they grow up and go off to live their own. You never get those opportunities back.

That is so very true. He is becoming a responsible young adult right before our eyes. It is my honor to be a part of my son's life as I did not experience that as a child growing up. Thanks for the concern in that matter. It seems like you have some experience in child raising department.

BJ seems like a very similar player to Grant. Maybe a hybrid between Grant and Nichols. Obviously Grant will play the 4 with some time at the 3 perhaps. BJ looks like a true 3 that could possibly play some time at the 2. He seems to possess the athletic ability of Grant and has the potential to develop a strong outside shot like Nichols. Bring it on.

BJ seems like a very similar player to Grant. Maybe a hybrid between Grant and Nichols. Obviously Grant will play the 4 with some time at the 3 perhaps. BJ looks like a true 3 that could possibly play some time at the 2. He seems to possess the athletic ability of Grant and has the potential to develop a strong outside shot like Nichols. Bring it on.

He'll be there directly. Game and all.
bj vs Haverford 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom