BJ Johnson | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

So much for Ennis and his four sons at some point in the future. That would have been exciting to watch.

By the way, I feel SU got the best Johnson in 2013!!! Someone that will not just use SU as a jumping point to the NBA(blip on the college scene) but become a essential part in building SU as a leader in the ACC!!!

Good luck with the rest of the season BJ!

Though BJ sounds like he may be an early contributor for SU when he gets on campus, a 3 or 4 has always made a huge jump from his freshman to sophomore year. My money's going to be on BJ.

Though BJ sounds like he may be an early contributor for SU when he gets on campus, a 3 or 4 has always made a huge jump from his freshman to sophomore year. My money's going to be on BJ.

So far he is continuing to work hard in his workouts to be ready to go next season.

Pardon my ignorance since I may have missed it in this thread, but I'm very curious... Mr. Johnson, what would you consider to be B.J.'s strengths and weaknesses at this point? Are there any particular aspects of his game that he is focused on improving the most?

Pardon my ignorance since I may have missed it in this thread, but I'm very curious... Mr. Johnson, what would you consider to be B.J.'s strengths and weaknesses at this point? Are there any particular aspects of his game that he is focused on improving the most?

We work on all aspects of the game with conviction to be solid while on the floor. BJ will continue to improve as a player throughout his time of playing and will continue to work on strength and conditioning.

In another league foe rout BJ scored 16pts in 1.5qtrs tonight against Radnor. There next three league opponents should be the same results until they play in the Burger King Classic in Erie, PA. Its good to get the others in the game for some action but sheesh. BJ is definitely being tested with keeping his intensity level up in these league games.

He's gonna have a tall order to be a regular in the rotation as a freshman. Fair and Grant return (or should, never know what might happen), and fellow frosh Roberson will also be competing for minutes.

In another league foe rout BJ scored 16pts in 1.5qtrs tonight against Radnor. There next three league opponents should be the same results until they play in the Burger King Classic in Erie, PA. Its good to get the others in the game for some action but sheesh. BJ is definitely being tested with keeping his intensity level up in these league games.
Nice to see BJ getting the most of it. :)
But yeah, I agree with you. I hope they let him play more towards the last couple of easier games leading up to the tougher competition. Gotta keep the focus.

He's gonna have a tall order to be a regular in the rotation as a freshman. Fair and Grant return (or should, never know what might happen), and fellow frosh Roberson will also be competing for minutes.

We have some great options at the forwards next season. CJ as a senior, Grant with a season under his belt and both BJ and Tyler coming in. I'm very excited to see what that group can do next year.

I think it will be a great competition and a deeper rotation next season. BJ has enough versatility to play 1-4 as he continues to grow. Nevertheless it is definitely going to be exciting.

Nice to see BJ getting the most of it. :)
But yeah, I agree with you. I hope they let him play more towards the last couple of easier games leading up to the tougher competition. Gotta keep the focus.

Definitely, he does most or all of his damage in the first half of the game. He did not play at all in the second half. Being focused is the key as you don't want to get into a habit of trying to turn the switch on and off. The motor should be running on high all the time. Hell sometimes I want to hold a workout session with him so he can get in the work after these games. Just to get a sweat.:)

We have some great options at the forwards next season. CJ as a senior, Grant with a season under his belt and both BJ and Tyler coming in. I'm very excited to see what that group can do next year.

I think that the team will be able to expand the rotation with these guys coming in and they will be able to show some different looks on the floor. The incoming class will be able to hit floor running. It is definitely going to be exciting to say the least.

Definitely, he does most or all of his damage in the first half of the game. He did not play at all in the second half. Being focused is the key as you don't want to get into a habit of trying to turn the switch on and off. The motor should be running on high all the time. Hell sometimes I want to hold a workout session with him so he can get in the work after these games. Just to get a sweat.:)

As another thankful reader (but infrequent poster), I also want to thank you for your updates and for being a very involved father. I think it speaks volumes about the young man coming in that he is being "raised" by his dad and not steered by "handlers" who may or may not have his best interests at heart. From one dad to another...nice job.

To both of you: keep up the good/hard work!

As another thankful reader (but infrequent poster), I also want to thank you for your updates and for being a very involved father. I think it speaks volumes about the young man coming in that he is being "raised" by his dad and not steered by "handlers" who may or may not have his best interests at heart. From one dad to another...nice job.

To both of you: keep up the good/hard work!

Thanks I appreciate your complement. One thing is for certain as long as I'm on this earth is that I will support and continue to guide BJ as he matures into young adulthood. I know what you mean when it comes to handlers and the such. I always felt like I was missing something when I used to see other fathers involved in their life or activities. Fortunately, BJ has me along with his mother, stepmother and other family supports that look out for him and his interests. All of his recruitment activities were directed to me regardless of who he played for to eliminate any BS. I believe in being straight forward with the whole process. Some folks call me crazy or nuts when they see me (father/coaching) at the games but hey I been doing it since BJ was 4yrs old. BJ and me always discuss the game and how to improve his results. The one thing that drives me crazy is to see dumb ass basketball. So I continue to advise BJ so he would continue to play at a high level and not continue or pick up bad habits. So many players today have a lot of bad habits that are not being corrected and they appear to be in shock when they hit the college level. So I don't mind if some people call me nuts or crazy(not to my face) but then they don"t have a son going to the CUSE next year either. I always tell BJ that I would love to come to the game and not have to father/coach but I have not seen that day yet.:) But I do believe that he will better understand what I say to him once the SU coaching staff gets at him. He will probably say that's the same thing my dad said and with the same intensity if you know what I mean. :mad:

"The one thing that drives me crazy is to see dumb ass basketball"

I'm sorry, but I nearly spit my drink out when I read this! That is too funny...but oh so true! I think you will get a lot of people to agree with you on this statement.

Have a good night, sir, and thank you for the nice reply.

"The one thing that drives me crazy is to see dumb ass basketball"

I'm sorry, but I nearly spit my drink out when I read this! That is too funny...but oh so true! I think you will get a lot of people to agree with you on this statement.

Have a good night, sir, and thank you for the nice reply.

I'm just a little "old fashion" when it comes to the fundamentals of the game.

Yeah, the 3/4 will be crowded but as I've said a few times in this thread it really sounds like this kid can play the 2 given his skills on offense, especially what I hear he can do in the halfcourt. And imagine having him at the top of the zone. At 6'7.5" he'll be a matchup nightmare even at the high D1 level. I think his versatility and intensity on defense will be the keys to him getting significant minutes as a frosh. If he brings the skills of a 2 and plays smart at the top of the zone I bet he sees real minutes.

A candidate to jump into the next edition of the Rivals150, Johnson was the catalyst early for Lower Merion as it raced to a 20-point lead early and never looked back."

I'm glad to see BJ getting so much national love now:)

The Rivals 150 is a candidate for my trash heap, if they can find 100 players better than BJ.

Mr. Johnson,
Thank you for all of the updates with BJ, it is almost as if we are watching the games with you. I know one thing is for sure, with all the updates you have provided on BJ as a player and as a young man; BJ will not only be one of my favorite players but I am sure there will be many other fans who feel the same. I am looking forward to seeing him suit up in orange.

Mr. Johnson,
Thank you for all of the updates with BJ, it is almost as if we are watching the games with you. I know one thing is for sure, with all the updates you have provided on BJ as a player and as a young man; BJ will not only be one of my favorite players but I am sure there will be many other fans who feel the same. I am looking forward to seeing him suit up in orange.

Thanks, I believe that BJ will represent the orange well.

Yeah, the 3/4 will be crowded but as I've said a few times in this thread it really sounds like this kid can play the 2 given his skills on offense, especially what I hear he can do in the halfcourt. And imagine having him at the top of the zone. At 6'7.5" he'll be a matchup nightmare even at the high D1 level. I think his versatility and intensity on defense will be the keys to him getting significant minutes as a frosh. If he brings the skills of a 2 and plays smart at the top of the zone I bet he sees real minutes.

Agreed, he can make it difficult at the top of the zone with his length and athleticism. Should be fun to watch.

Three things:
1. Thanks for all the insights, it's great for us couch potatos to get a glimpse inside your world.
2. Right now my favorite SU player is Jerami Grant and by all sounds of it, BJ is a similar player (long, lean, smooth, smart, great basketball pedigree, inside/outside game). I'm hugely looking forward to seeing BJ and Jerami playing together.
3. Bobby, with BJ's increasing profile, I hope you are ready for the upcoming visit of World Wide Wes and Cal with a Brinks truck of cash. They could care less about a verbal to another school, I am quite sure. Please, for ALL of us, tell them to "Get off my lawn!!" in your best grouchy old man voice.

Three things:
1. Thanks for all the insights, it's great for us couch potatos to get a glimpse inside your world.
2. Right now my favorite SU player is Jerami Grant and by all sounds of it, BJ is a similar player (long, lean, smooth, smart, great basketball pedigree, inside/outside game). I'm hugely looking forward to seeing BJ and Jerami playing together.
3. Bobby, with BJ's increasing profile, I hope you are ready for the upcoming visit of World Wide Wes and Cal with a Brinks truck of cash. They could care less about a verbal to another school, I am quite sure. Please, for ALL of us, tell them to "Get off my lawn!!" in your best grouchy old man voice.

BJ has already signed his LOI. So Houston you can quit fretting about #3.

BJ has already signed his LOI. So Houston you can quit fretting about #3.
Phew! Still, if you ever see either of those guys, I still like the "Get off my lawn" approach. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom