blah, blah... | Syracusefan.com

blah, blah...

BillSU

All American
I realize the win vs. Ark. St. is only good for the team in a momentary way. Ark. St. is not a very good team but we needed the emotional lift of getting the ball in the basket yesterday and each individual who got to play contributed in some way better than they had the last two games which is positive for their emotional mindset.

This year, so far, any Win is a good Win. The expectations are so high on this board and out there in Orange Land that everyone reacts negatively when a loss occurs especially in early non – conference games. Because of our elite history, everyone expects the team to roll through those games undefeated into the conference games. And, any excuse is not a good one. We're just a bad high major team and we're tired of losing - “using the same plays, bad defense, tired of watching the turnovers, the ball bounce off the rim, the non - rebound on either end, lethargic play, centers that are ineffective, turnovers, not making foul shots.” I think the way we played yesterday was more like us albeit Ark sucks.

Our next non conf game vs. St. Bonaventure on 12/29 will be another opportunity to see if the, (“terrible practices”- JB), can turn into good ones and a great game. Frank Howard will have had more rest time and may be able to “run the floor,” score and be more like his old self? If the rest of the team can play the way they did yesterday in the second half, which IMHO, was a big departure from how we played vs. OD and the Bulls and continue to improve perhaps we'll do more than just OK starting our conference schedule on 1/5 vs the Irish who, to me, never seem to have an away game. They were 9-3 when I looked and in the midst of playing a mix of their early cupcake? teams and not. Losses to Radford at home and away to OK and UCLA.

I believe we are going to have or already had a light bulb click on and begin/began playing SU basketball despite JB's fears that Frank Howard will not be the same player he was last year and how he will affect this team. Maybe he can play at 90% and we'll win anyway! We better, the announced almost sell out vs. Duke who is averaging 85 PPG., their only loss being to Gonzaga will be very, challenging.
GOSU :)

Just don’t know why it took until now to implement more movement and such. This has little or nothing to do with Frank. Boeheim has been saying things like (paraphrasing) that we’re adding new things or adding more movement. Why now?

Now, we don’t know if this will work against the big boys. The Bonnies are quite a bit better than Arkansas St who is 289 in Adj D. I liked Paschal’s aggressiveness but these guys gave no resistance to anybody. Sorry, I’m not going to be relishing in this victory. They did what they were supposed to do and they shouldn’t be coddled. Another slow start against a good team will not be easy to overcome.

Just don’t know why it took until now to implement more movement and such. This has little or nothing to do with Frank. Boeheim has been saying things like (paraphrasing) that we’re adding new things or adding more movement. Why now?

Now, we don’t know if this will work against the big boys. The Bonnies are quite a bit better than Arkansas St who is 289 in Adj D. I liked Paschal’s aggressiveness but these guys gave no resistance to anybody. Sorry, I’m not going to be relishing in this victory. They did what they were supposed to do and they shouldn’t be coddled. Another slow start against a good team will not be easy to overcome.
That's easy Sobe. He's just been reading the board and taking advantage of the brilliance in coaching exhibited here. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom