Blue shorts... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blue shorts...

One can only surmise they have decided to use the George Costanza opposite approach - but without the successful results.

Saying it is a head scratcher would be generous. Was sooo looking forward to the orange shorts.

IthacaMatt said:
I think I saw Orange shorts, too. I think (hope) that's what they're going to wear. The blue shorts would be a weird thing to look at on TV, and we have never done well in the blue uni's; at least not since our 1975 Final Four.

Good thing clothing doesn't really have an effect on players running jumping or shooting.

cool.jpg

Wait, we're wearing orange jerseys with blue shorts?

I don't care about silly jinxes or whatever, but our jersey and shorts will not match?!

What?

This is almost as bad as when they made us wear G-Town gray...

Wait, no it's not... it's just ugly...

when i 1st saw that throwback picture i laughed and said, 'ha nike Fd the picture up and didnt give us throwbacks! just look at that mess, but they will sell'.

then i sat a bit and said, 'oh . they are going to mix-match us on national tv and just like the football team, we will be dressed like clowns. a complete Fn joke'.

It's definitely an odd color scheme, but it's only for one game so I say not a big deal. The all orange uniforms are fire flames, would be cool to see them worn at some point in the future, maybe the ACC tournament? I remember Adidas making their schools wear the new uniforms the past few years in conference tournaments.

One can only surmise they have decided to use the George Costanza opposite approach - but without the successful results.

Saying it is a head scratcher would be generous. Was sooo looking forward to the orange shorts.

hi. my name is george. im unemployed and i live with my parents.

And what's the most amazing part? Nike isn't even being original in its mismatched stupidity. Adidas beat them to it a couple years ago:

arenas_wizards.jpg

Maybe there is a method to their madness. I mean Nike wouldn't want everyone to realize how much better the all orange throwback is compared to current unis.

Let's just hope our performance tonight doesn't match our uniforms.

One of the nice things about our abysmal showing against NC State the other day is that many people I know didn't see it because it was on ESPN3.

Everyone will get to see our clown outfits tonight.

Haha. Good points.

Is BC wearing white tonight then? When was the last time SU did not wear orange at the Dome? Not including the platinum night a few years back.

JarHeadJim said:
It could be worst. Duany and Billy giving Tee's

I always knew Billy Celuck was asked of his time.

Is BC wearing white tonight then? When was the last time SU did not wear orange at the Dome? Not including the platinum night a few years back.

Good Question. These shorts with White Tops, Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Good Lord... Are we going to have Duke fans on here asking why we are gradually turning blue?

BC could wear Gold or White. They won't be in Maroon since it would be dark color like Orange. Marquette/Michigan both wore bright Yellow when we wore Orange. Thus, I am guessing BC will be in Gold.

Pretty bad. But could be worse. Could be raining (Anyone, movie? Anyone, Bueller? Anyone, Frye? And "could be raining" is not from Ferris Bueller)
6f04c071cda960aedb05ef103ae481c7405366854.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty bad. But could be worse. Could be raining (Anyone, movie? Anyone, Bueller? Anyone, Frye? And "could be raining" is not from Ferris Bueller)
6f04c071cda960aedb05ef103ae481c7405366854.jpg

That's not worse than what we're about to wear.

Really?!?! Soooooo stupid. Way to ruin the throwback concept.

Dear Nike,

Throwback unis should look like the unis you're throwing back to.

Signed,
The Home Office of Common Sense
These are throwout unis, not throwback